The slowest masters surface in North America is Miami, and Nadal hasn't won it - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
country flag NADALRECORD
Banned!

NADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond repute
Default The slowest masters surface in North America is Miami, and Nadal hasn't won it

Nadal has won Indian Wells, Canada and Cincy, but never Miami. I know he's made several finals in Miami, but there is a big difference between making the final and winning (because often the toughest opponent will be your final opponent).

And the Australian Open is the slowest non-clay slam (and in 2011 appeared to be the slowest slam overall), and its the only slam Nadal hasn't won twice.....and when he won the AO in 2009 he almost lost to Verdasco, and generally was not bossing the points the way he did at US Open 2010/2013.

Nadal has problems on the slower hardcourts. I've been saying it for years. Nadal prefers a hardcourt that he can "hit through". The slower it is, the more Nadal has to work to finish the points (and on hardcourts, long rallies cause injury and more fatigue).
NADALRECORD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Dave_92

Dave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The slowest masters surface in North America is Miami, and Nadal hasn't won it

He should have won this title back in 2005

He was 2 sets and 4-1* 15-0 up against Federer.

He was also up like 3-1 or 4-2 in the third set tie break.

I don't remember but I think he even had match points.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

There is no finish line...

#bel18ve
Dave_92 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The slowest masters surface in North America is Miami, and Nadal hasn't won it

Bounce matters more than speed for Nadal, though he does prefer it slow IMO

Youzhny, Robredo, Matosevic, Monaco, Kohlschreiber, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Dolgopolov, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Zeballos, Herbert, Tursunov, Djokovic
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
country flag f1yer

f1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALRECORD View Post
Nadal has won Indian Wells, Canada and Cincy, but never Miami. I know he's made several finals in Miami, but there is a big difference between making the final and winning (because often the toughest opponent will be your final opponent).

And the Australian Open is the slowest non-clay slam (and in 2011 appeared to be the slowest slam overall), and its the only slam Nadal hasn't won twice.....and when he won the AO in 2009 he almost lost to Verdasco, and generally was not bossing the points the way he did at US Open 2010/2013.

Nadal has problems on the slower hardcourts. I've been saying it for years. Nadal prefers a hardcourt that he can "hit through". The slower it is, the more Nadal has to work to finish the points (and on hardcourts, long rallies cause injury and more fatigue).
This.

Despite it being a commonly spread myth on MTF by some tards - Nadal is a fast court player.

His game is built around hitting FH winners with minimal chance to the opponent to cover. If the courts had remained as fast - and high bounce , he would finish most matches in 3

The court speeds were slowed to benefit a certain player - who shall remain unnamed.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
country flag motorhead

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick exposed him for the fraud he is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
he's not gay
put a hand on my ass in sopot when i was 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I learn my learn in Oeiras, the flop was wearing a freaking jumper in a match vs sizzles, well he won, but I swear on my life afterwards' Never in my lifetime, I will bet on this flop'.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
country flag NADALRECORD
Banned!

NADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond reputeNADALRECORD has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely no coincidence that Nadal is injured at the AO more than the other slams....and even when he wasn't injured in 2009/2012 AOs, he ended up having HUGE problems for the rest of the year, most likely brought on by the AO marathons.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post

Closest he got was *5-3 in the TB. That point, he was grunting heavy even by his standards, running around, hitting everything a a FH, and Fed was chasing absolutely everything down, and eventually Nadal made the error. Fed got back on serve and took control from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
Bounce matters more than speed for Nadal, though he does prefer it slow IMO
Yes, but I think high bouncing and medium pace in the court is the best for him.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
country flag SheenKJohn

SheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
This.

Despite it being a commonly spread myth on MTF by some tards - Nadal is a fast court player.

His game is built around hitting FH winners with minimal chance to the opponent to cover. If the courts had remained as fast - and high bounce , he would finish most matches in 3

The court speeds were slowed to benefit a certain player - who shall remain unnamed.
it is not a myth spread by MTf tards, Nadal himself wants slow courts.. I wonder why that is then...

May be he wants not to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal's sliding on clay has always been sublime. One of the reasons he's clay GOAT is because he was always best slider on the surface and therefore able to adjust to blue clay better than his less skilled opponents.
SheenKJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #9
country flag NADALRECORD
Banned!

And he won the 2008 Olympic Gold on fast hardcourt. Check the videos if you don't believe me.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
The bounce has got higher in the '00s. That's helped Rafa.

Stanislas Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Wawrinka winning the 2014 Australian Open is the best thing happened to tennis since Federer winning Wimbledon in 2003
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #11
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's game is all about his movement opening up the court to create opening. Its tough to do that in a slow hardcourt.
The difference on clay which is a slow surface is sliding and much forgiving on the legs.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
country flag NADALRECORD
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMARAT View Post
Nadal's game is all about his movement opening up the court to create opening. Its tough to do that in a slow hardcourt.
The difference on clay which is a slow surface is sliding and much forgiving on the legs.
Yes Nadal's movement on clay and also his overall confidence. Nadal hit 22 winners in the 5th set of Roland Garros 2013 semi-final. When the chips are down, Nadal attacks on clay more than he does on hardcourt.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post

He had a bad line call at 4-3* 30-0 in the 3rd set.

Last edited by MTwEeZi : 03-21-2014 at 05:19 PM.
MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #14
Dave_92

Dave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
He had a bad line call at 4-3* 30-0 in the 3rd set.
Cool story, bro.

Fed was just at his peak back then.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

There is no finish line...

#bel18ve
Dave_92 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Roddick exposed him for the fraud he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Yes, but I think high bouncing and medium pace in the court is the best for him.
Against the field today, this. Slow and high bouncing might have been better against the field before he slowed down a bit and became more comfortable/able to shorten points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I hate tennis

Last edited by n8 : 03-22-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Enough double account talk.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote