Caroline Wozniacki about the Wimbledon bias towards Men's competition - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Caroline Wozniacki about the Wimbledon bias towards Men's competition

Quote:
"I would love to play on a big court. I think that's what it's all about; you work hard and practice to play on the big courts. The women really haven't gotten the opportunity here to play on the big courts. You only get one women's match on Court One and Centre Court.

"Most of last week it was only one women's match on Court Two as well. It's definitely different, that's all I can say. I think a lot of us women feel like we deserve to play on the big courts in front of a big crowd, as well."
Well, I think Wozniacki shouldn't be so upset about the men's getting privilege on the big courts, she should be upset about Serena and Sharapova always playing there from the women's side

There is no way Wozniacki gets to play on the Center Court unless she reaches the semis or unless she plays Serena/Sharapova

And after all, the organizers will always go with the ones that sell the tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisWizzard View Post
Murray sickens me, and I'm british. Can't imagine how the rest of the world feel about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate Ended Delusions View Post
I just can't have Dull winning SW19 in 2015. It would be the worst thing EVER. I can't think of anything worse except maybe being taken as a hostage in Syria.
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
country flag YodaKnowsBest
External Factor Expert

YodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caroline Wozniacki about the Wimbledon bias towards Men's competition

Shut up Woz, no argument needed.

Thread deleted count: 35

Support my campaign to remove red cards from MTF
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=676578
Favorite posters: Chico, Vladoz, Doubletrollt, Rutinos Harcos, Johny Groove, HoorayBeer, Direwolf, Andy0101, Endless Loopchi, Yolita, ClutchOnAndBanned, Dolph Ziggler, Zagor, spartanprincess, Adventage Set, xelena, Tennis passion, Sham Kay, Cappucino, Nole Rules, Tutsi Frutsi
YodaKnowsBest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caroline Wozniacki about the Wimbledon bias towards Men's competition

I can understand to a degree, but from a financial & fans perspective, women's tennis isn't as big a draw as the men's side. She's obviously been listening too much from big sis Serena.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV
Tsonga Haas Nishikori Djokovic Gulbis Wawrinka
Hewitt Soderling Roddick

mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #4
country flag zjtennis
#SmashItLikeAWreckingBall

zjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond repute

I heard this on the news and I agree to an extent. The issue is that the main courts only have 3 matches (it seems they want to make the grass there as fresh as possible) but both courts have a 2:1 ratio of men's and women's matches. If it is the usual 4 like the other Slams, surely they would have a 2:2 ratio. A good compromise here is have Court 1 be a 2:1 ratio for women:men, especially these courts have many overtime big matches due to no light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Well, I think Wozniacki shouldn't be so upset about the men's getting privilege on the big courts, she should be upset about Serena and Sharapova always playing there from the women's side

There is no way Wozniacki gets to play on the Center Court unless she reaches the semis or unless she plays Serena/Sharapova
I agree, too much Serena and Sharapova (and Kvitova when she was there) but what can you do, they are the Top 3 seeds, just like currently in the men's side (I think only Ward-Pospisil and Gasquet-Dimitrov are the exception within the Top 8 seeds). I guess I agree to an extent that seeing that she's the 4th Seed I think after Halep, but still, I mean see Berdych who I think wasn't able to play on Center Court, even though he's also a high seed.
Enjoys post match analysis - Casual stats follower - General Messages Moderator

--------------------------------------------------

ATP World Tour 2015 Week 31: Atlanta, Gstaad, Hamburg
A Slam is like the Battle Tower in the Pokémon games
You need to win 7 matches, defeat 3 Pokémon in them (win 3 Sets), and a heavy feeling when you lose to the Tower Tycoon (i.e losing the final).
zjtennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
country flag budala

budala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond reputebudala has a reputation beyond repute

i think she is right. there is nothing more appealing then endless pushing fest most women provide...
Old 07-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #6
country flag Vladoz

Vladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond reputeVladoz has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Murray would agree.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

She's completely right, and it's bullshit.
HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN - HANTUCHOVA - EVERT
PLISKOVA - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - KEYS - STEPHENS - GAVRILOVA - MUGURUZA - JANKOVIC - MIRZA
Supporting Tomic & Kyrgios against Tennis Australia
Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #8
country flag Dr.Slice

Dr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond reputeDr.Slice has a reputation beyond repute

She can always apply to play agaisnt men and maybe then she will get the centre court. To be honest, I would quite enjoy seeing her not winning more than 1 point throughout the whole match against any top 200 man.

Hian talking about where Serena Williams would be in ATP
Quote:
Serena could be easily in Top 100.
Borna Coric
Quote:
When I'm not at my best I'm more like Murray.
Dr.Slice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #9
country flag Lukas15

Lukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond reputeLukas15 has a reputation beyond repute

Fans dont wait for hours in queues to watch WTA moonballers.

2014 Mersin Cup *** 2014 BRD Arad Challenger *** 2014 San Benedetto Tennis Cup *** 2015 Milex Open Santo Domingo

Idemo Majstore!
Lukas15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
country flag Dadinjo

Dadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond reputeDadinjo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the woman tennis is just less interesting.

I have nothing against women's tennis, but I just don't like to watch it and for various resons don't find it entertaining.

Wimbledon is also a special case where they try to perserve the grass by having only 3 matches per day on court so it can "live" long enough to finals.
Dadinjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Men sell tickets, end of discussion.

Just be grateful Woz that you get as much money as you do as it is because of those guys playing on the big courts selling the game to the general public.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #12
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
She's completely right, and it's bullshit.
That said.. I hope she enjoys playing on Court 18 next year after this outburst
HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN - HANTUCHOVA - EVERT
PLISKOVA - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - KEYS - STEPHENS - GAVRILOVA - MUGURUZA - JANKOVIC - MIRZA
Supporting Tomic & Kyrgios against Tennis Australia
Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #13
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

She never won a slam and wants to push players like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka of the showcourts?

I am all for equal pay, but let the biggest money makers(former gs winners, homeland players and legends) earn the money and make the public happy. She is profiting enough already from the men.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #14
country flag Mentalmidget

Mentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond repute

At Wimbledon they schedule the womens match in the middle of the 2 mens on Centre Court so everyone can have a drinks and food break and don't have to watch it

The truth is people wouldn't fill centre court to watch Wozniacki like they do for the big mens matches.

Last edited by Mentalmidget : 07-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Mentalmidget is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #15
country flag RuRo

RuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond reputeRuRo has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunate for those that feel they're not getting on the big courts in the early rounds, but they can't complain too much when on average those men's matches on the main courts are subsidising the women's tournament with their ticket sales / TV viewership.

If you've got Federer, Nadal and Andy Murray all playing on the same day it would be an insult to Centre Court ticket holders to give them two WTA matches and only one men's match.