Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2006, 03:58 AM   #61
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup

I was happy to see Chucho hold on and win a match where he'd been so up and down, esp against a tough opponent like Hewitt. Here's hoping it's a positive sign for the future for him.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2006, 10:13 AM   #62
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, it's time to bring the Cup to Argentina

Not too far away from the final and Chucho will be in the squad with Cañas as the back up player.

Chucho will probably play doubles, though I just hope he can show the excellent form he has shown so far in his short DC career.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:33 AM   #63
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, it's time to bring the Cup to Argentina

Chucho con david, chela calleri y cañas van a traer la ensaladera a kasa.. :P
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #64
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

I didn´t realize there was a special thread for DC
Well, it seems the surface is not as fast as Luli and the team expected http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=453

Last edited by lau : 11-27-2006 at 11:57 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #65
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The big man has been an integral part of the DC team this year and he deserves a thread for his efforts.

As for the surface, well that makes things interesting if it isn't so quick.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #66
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

I know, it was just that I didn´t noticed it and kept posting the DC news in the other thread.

BTW, interesting little details in this article. Will try to summarize later, unless WillyCañas does it in GM before
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20061128
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #67
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
I know, it was just that I didn´t noticed it and kept posting the DC news in the other thread.

BTW, interesting little details in this article. Will try to summarize later, unless WillyCañas does it in GM before
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20061128
You can never have enough DC or Chucho news and I appreciate it and I like WillyCañas both the player and the poster.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #68
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
Done http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...1&postcount=37
the article is about what Mancini said in an interview
Old 11-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #69
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Thanks lauita and the question will the fine team of "Nalbasuso" be playing doubles?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #70
country flag lau

It seems Agustín has been doing well during practise today and might be 2nd singles player, so I guess it might be a "Nalbasuso" doubles team.
Maybe we´ll have a better idea tomorrow, according to what Luli said that on Wednesday and Thursday he´ll focus on the work with singles players.
I read somewhere that he wants to decide the players for each match as soon as possible, too. I guess the issue is whether he´ll make everything possible to keep it secret till the last minute or not.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #71
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I think Calleri's game is better suited to this surface than say Chucho mainly cause of the big swings of Chucho and Calleri is more compact in regards to the low bouncing surface.

Luli can have an idea in his head what he wants, but whether he announces it early remains to be seen.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #72
country flag lau

Yes, I agree about Calleri.
I read too many articles, so I don´t remember where , but I read somewhere that yesterday was Marat´s turn to throw and break racquets and today it was Chucho´s
Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #73
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Funny how Chucho is a big guy, but Gaston is a little midget compared to him and Gaston does a better job killing racquets.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #74
country flag lau

Gastón masters the biomechanics of it
Old 12-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #75
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The rumour is strong that Acasuso could play the 5th match.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1