Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #46
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I was just listening to an interview with Mancini and he is very emotional and he was the one who believed in Chucho and that is special.

Orsanic and Cristian were there in the front row for Chucho and we know he likes his sleep among other things.
Yes, Luli is very emotional. And the woman doing the oncourt interview said that to him, something like "you were the one who believed in Chucho" or something like that..
Friends from Misiones were in the crowd and I think Chucho named his mother too...., but I might be wrong...

Last edited by lau : 09-24-2006 at 09:16 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #47
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Luli is a misionero as is Chucho and I really like how Chucho has stepped up and played a role in all of the ties so far.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #48
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I knew it. I guess they get along really well.
IMHO, one of Luli`s biggest achivements is creating all the conditions to have a DC team whith players that feel they are playing in a team. The guys allways say they like the "team spirit".

Last edited by lau : 09-24-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #49
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
IMHO, one of Luli`s biggest achivements is creating all the conditions to have a DC team whith players that feel they are playing in a team. The guys allways say they like the "team spirit".
Well it helps when all the players respect him.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #50
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Well it helps when all the players respect him.
True and that there are or were no discussions or problems between the players of the team
Now that tennis and DC is so popular here again, in newspapers, and in the media in general, they allways talk about how Clerc and Vilas played DC doubles matches and won them without speaking to each other
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 AM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...4/stdav224.xml

Acasuso heroics help Argentina reach final

Argentina reached the Davis Cup final for the second time when victory in the doubles gave them an unassailable 3-0 lead over Australia in Buenos Aires yesterday.

David Nalbandian, a former runner-up at Wimbledon, and Agustin Calleri beat Paul Hanley and Wayne Arthurs 6-4 6-4 7-5 to put the Argentines, losing finalists in 1981, into December's final against either Russia or the United States.

Russia led 2-1 in the other semi-final in Moscow after the American twins Bob and Mike Bryan beat Mikhail Youzhny and Dmitry Tursunov 6-3 6-4 6-2.

Nalbandian had given Argentina their first point by beating Mark Philippoussis in the opening singles on Friday and Jose Acasuso finished off a see-saw five-set win over Lleyton Hewitt early yesterday.

The second rubber had been suspended due to rain and fading light on Friday evening with Acasuso 4-0 up in the fifth set.

After completing a 1-6 6-4 4-6 6-2 6-1 victory, Acasuso said: "I've beaten higher-ranked players in the past but to win at home in a Davis Cup semi-final with 14,000 people watching me here makes it one of the most important wins of my career."

Hewitt, the former world No 1, said the turning point came early in the fourth set when he squandered three break points and had his serve broken in the next game, before Acasuso went on to reel off eight games in a row. "It was not taking those half chances which made the difference," he said.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #52
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
oh that's for sure!! i think as you that they get along very well! and luly gave all the confidence to Chucho! and created a great team!

Last edited by maria87 : 09-24-2006 at 02:42 PM.
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #53
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

and Chucho did great vs Hewitt!!

grande Chucho!! he was not stable but he did it! he played brilliant points and after that he played some very bad! but he could handle the pressure and win it!

the question is if he will play vs Russia! and if Argentina could win...I think Marat will win his 2 singles but could Argentina win doubles and the other 2 singles?

Chucho has a 2-0 vs Marat but always on clay, so i don't think Luly will pick him for hard courts....Nalbandian never does well vs Marat and he won't this time neither, in Moscow!! so i think for Argentina is very difficult thing to win in Moscow.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #54
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

It will be a very tough final for them..I was so hoping it could be in BSAS.....I really wanted to be there and not have to wait until Feb...but...its not meant to be....so now we have to look forward and hope that Chucho is given the chance again...I guess the Russians will pick a surface similar to the indoor tournament..that will make it hard....but its the final..all to play for and its been 25 years...so maybe....just maybe
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #55
country flag maria87

hi, sophia!

yes if the finals were Argentina-Usa in Buenos Aires, well that would be a different story...but of course Russia will pick a surface not good for argentina and i don't know if Chucho could play indoors fast surface!
Old 09-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #56
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maria..thanks for the pm...I did it...I will pm you back now...ok...
Old 09-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #57
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree here. It's true that Chucho's fave surface is clay. It's true that he's had his best results so far on that surface. But.........I think we shouldn't erase his name so fast from the list of players who can play against Russia on fast indoor courts. And I hope Luli shares my views. I mean, it's a final. They have finally composed a team that recognizes the team spirit and that enjoys playing together. I personally think that it would be a mistake to change it now that they have reached the final. Chucho can play good tennis on fast courts, he's proven it. So, if he isn't totally paralyzed by the importance of the event -and that is where Mancini has a great role to play- he sure has a good chance to take. Only my opinion.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #58
country flag sophia_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
I have to disagree here. It's true that Chucho's fave surface is clay. It's true that he's had his best results so far on that surface. But.........I think we shouldn't erase his name so fast from the list of players who can play against Russia on fast indoor courts. And I hope Luli shares my views. I mean, it's a final. They have finally composed a team that recognizes the team spirit and that enjoys playing together. I personally think that it would be a mistake to change it now that they have reached the final. Chucho can play good tennis on fast courts, he's proven it. So, if he isn't totally paralyzed by the importance of the event -and that is where Mancini has a great role to play- he sure has a good chance to take. Only my opinion.
I agree totally with you..he shoudl be given the chance...he has proved he can do it and to all the doubters who say he chokes..he did't when it matters for his country and thats the difference...I hope he plays....this will give him a lot of confidence....so go Chucho!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 PM   #59
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
i agree also, choupi!! i didn't say Chucho cannot play! indeed i was one of the first defending his game on fast surfaces!

maybe i didn't express myself properly! i was trying to say that I don't know if Luly would pick up him! he didn't against Slovakia and we lost! i thought Chucho should have played there
Old 09-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #60
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87
I think Marat will win his 2 singles but could Argentina win doubles and the other 2 singles?

Chucho has a 2-0 vs Marat but always on clay, so i don't think Luly will pick him for hard courts....Nalbandian never does well vs Marat and he won't this time neither, in Moscow!! so i think for Argentina is very difficult thing to win in Moscow.
If Safin is anywhere near his top level - he can take 2 rubbers for Russia. However, as much as I respect Safin's game and ability he has had a patchy year (and that's being kind). I don't think he is a guarantee for 2 Russian wins.

El Rey has a dreadful record against Marat, but he still has a fair chance at beating him. Their USO match could have gone either way. 4 years ago they met in DC on carpet and after 2 TB sets, Safin ran away with the match when they were both working on empty after the epic doubles the day before.

I think it's very possible that Nalbandian beats Davydenko (or whoever the Russians put up), that we win the doubles.........and then it's just looking for that crucial 3rd win, which could come again from Nalbandian, or hopefully one of Chucho, Calleri or Chela snagging a victory somewhere.

Whatever happens I think the potential is there for a great DC final that can go to the wire, but I'll be happy to take 3-0 and make it an anti-climax.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote