Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #16
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup

No matter who will play, both Calleri & Chucho will be in Metz. I just hope I get to congratulate them for their performance in DC and their sending Argentina into the DC final.
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #17
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I will paste this here and in the News Thread.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/...431704373.html

Hewitt accused of siege mentality

Lleyton Hewitt has been accused of "creating a circus" and acting like he'd come to Iraq instead of Argentina by potential first day Davis Cup opponent Jose Acasuso.

Hewitt has brought two security guards with him for the semifinal following his rating by an Argentine newspaper as one of the most hated athletes in the country, no doubt fuelled by a history of ill-feeling with a number of the host country's players.

But Acasuso, who will battle with Agustin Calleri for the No.2 Argentine singles spot behind David Nalbandian, wasn't impressed.

"I don't know what Hewitt was thinking, that he was coming to Iraq or they are going to plant a bomb, but we are calm," Acasuso told reporters on Tuesday.

"He's trying to create a circus but nothing is going to happen.

"We're just worried about Argentina. Whether he has one bodyguard, or 500 bodyguards, that's up to him."

Hewitt's camp on Tuesday night dismissed the comments.

"Wherever he travels, we arrange the appropriate level of security that we feel is necessary," Hewitt's manager Robert Aivatoglou said.

"We assessed the situation in Buenos Aires and we haven't treated this any differently to anywhere else he travels.

"The bodyguards are associated with the Australian team and we feel it's appropriate that Lleyton has this level of security."

Acasuso's accusation follows countryman - and bitter and long-time rival of Hewitt - Guillermo Coria's claim earlier in the week that Hewitt's stance had made Argentina "look like a country of murderers".

Aivatoglou believed both Acasuso's and Coria's accusations were uncalled for and said they wouldn't affect Hewitt as he strove to help Australia reach a fifth Davis Cup final in eight years since the 25-year-old made his debut in the competition in 1999.

"After practising today (on centre court), Lleyton walked from the Australian team room to the outside court, then practised further without any incident. I would not say it resembled anything like a circus," Aivatoglou said.

"I wouldn't suggest these accusations will upset him at all. He is just focused on playing tennis and playing Davis Cup for his country."

Hewitt has two personal bodyguards with him in the Argentine capital, including Greg Norman's former minder, but the Argentines believe his concerns are ill-founded - and his stance over the top.

On the whole, the Argentine people are warm and friendly and Hewitt's request for extra security may be perceived as an overreaction, with the tennis star's presence in the football-mad country having - so far - attracted little attention.

Come Friday, though, when the three-day tie commences, Hewitt is sure to be public enemy No.1.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #18
country flag sharpeirob

sharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond reputesharpeirob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I don't know what Hewitt was thinking, that he was coming to Iraq or they are going to plant a bomb, but we are calm," Acasuso told reporters on Tuesday.
OMG I love the Choo more and more

Old 09-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #19
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/09...m-01275117.htm

That article says that is almost a fact that Chucho will be the "second" singles player. According to the article Luli would take this desicion having in mind that the match against Lleyton would be a very "physical" match. Allways according to the article rain is expected on Friday, but high temperatures too (this is funny..., we`re not having more that 28 şC as max. temperature these days. These are not so high temperatures....) Chucho trained with David for an hour and a half at midday and and in the afternoon, at 16:00 he hit some balls with Mancini and Arnold while Orsanic was watching (both things were taken as a clues by the journalist) Chucho was in one side of the court and Luli and Arnold in the other. He trained in the stadium.
In one of the auxiliar courts Chela and Calleri trained and Agustín have been volleying more than usual. According to the journalist, this made obvious that Chucho will play the singles and Agustěn the doubles with David on Saturday.

Last edited by lau : 09-21-2006 at 12:05 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:14 AM   #20
bad gambler

Good to hear - he deserves his singles spot after his performance last tie. Only right that the incumbent gets another shot.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 AM   #21
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree, he deserves to play singles. And I learnt that we should get some coverage of DC here. I still don't know how it's gonna happen, as we're supposed to get both ties. But I hope I get to see Chucho at least.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #22
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Lets go Chucho, this is a huge match for him and take your chance big man.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #23
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Chucho plays the second rubber against Hewitt with David up first against Philippoussis....bring it on!!!!
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #24
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Yes I agree, he deserves to play singles. And I learnt that we should get some coverage of DC here. I still don't know how it's gonna happen, as we're supposed to get both ties. But I hope I get to see Chucho at least.
Choupi..I think you will be like me and see only Russia v USA....I have my friends in BSAS all ready to give me full commentary...msn and sms..but apart from that..its livescore
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:05 AM   #25
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The OOP worked out well for Chucho and the team should be up 1-0 before he has to play, he has to focus on his own game and make sure his feet are moving early, cause he has shat himself in some big matches and this is a big one.

With this being said he has the game to do well against Hewitt and make him hit plenty of high balls on his backhand and if he serves well and varies the serve, he should be OK.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #26
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia_c
Choupi..I think you will be like me and see only Russia v USA....I have my friends in BSAS all ready to give me full commentary...msn and sms..but apart from that..its livescore
Well, I don't know. But not more to wait before I know. Anyway, no live coverage so far. Only late in the evening. *sigh*
Old 09-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #27
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Chucho has to remain focused and was playing well at the end before the rain got in the way and he is down a bp even though he is up 4-0.

The crowd were giving him great support and he was so up and down his level of play, and this has been tough for him so far.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-23-2006, 07:19 AM   #28
country flag Choupi

Thanks for the updates. I hope I get to see a bit today.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #29
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Today will watch the matches properly.... I watched both matches yesterday while working and speaking on the phone I hope Chucho has a good start and finishes this quickly. It was really annoying how the rain started pouring before Chucho served to defend that BP.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Thanks for the updates. I hope I get to see a bit today.
I hope you do.
I really wanted to watch at least some minutes of the Russia-USA tie and almost nothing was shown on tv here....only the scoreline and a couple of points.

Last edited by lau : 09-23-2006 at 10:14 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #30
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Acasuso defeated Hewitt.

And with this win he definetly got the Copero diploma.

Vamos Chucho!
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote