Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #196
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, it's time to bring the Cup to Argentina

Mancini took this decision because Chucho is sick and I guess he is not in conditions to win a match.
That is very different from saying JMDP is "our best hard court player" and his previous decision about who the 2nd singles player is was wrong.

And I´m really really happy Juan could decide the tie and make ARG reach the second DC round.

Last edited by lau : 02-11-2007 at 04:18 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #197
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, it's time to bring the Cup to Argentina

Chucho lacked match practice and it was very difficult for him to play 3 days, so after the doubles he was replaced by a fresh player and that counted. Melzer had to play 3 days straight and this was Juan's first match of the weekend.

It doesn't matter who plays, it's a team game and so win as a group and lose as a group. They have a very tough tie ahead, but that will come soon enough.

The call about Juan being the best fastcourt player in the team is still nonsense.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #198
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

fortunatelly there is people in this forum that have not such a bad attitude on other points of view.

Thanks a lot to the people that gave me GR about the livescore thread and that gave me support to keep posting my opinions
Old 02-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #199
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
Mancini took this decision because Chucho is sick and I guess he is not in conditions to win a match.
That is very different from saying JMDP is and his previous decision about who the 2nd singles player is was wrong.

And I´m really really happy Juan could decide the tie and make ARG reach the second DC round.
lau, i didn't say "our best hard court player" , i said our best player on fast surfaces in our team in Austria...and i mantain my opinion: considering the players that were in the team in Austria, i still think JMDP is our best player on fast surfaces even if he is that young as he is. I know Cañas and Chucho have more experience but i still think JMDP is our best player for fast surfaces in the team that went to Austria.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #200
country flag maria87

one more thing, Meltzer even tired played in a very good level, even better than how he played against Cañas, and still JM could do it: he could mantain the pressure and he won with authority in the last set, even when he was feeling some "calambre"

another thing: Chucho had just a cold, and he said yesterday night that he was ready to play. Some other players as Cañas and Callery played with fever before. Chucho wasn't playing well..I said it in my report against Koubek (even winning he didn't play well) and he played worse in the doubles. So I don't think Mancini took the decision just considering the cold of Chucho, of course it was a circumstance...but at same time, we had JMDP physical conditions that you remarked about not being able to play 5 sets. So i think there were some tennis issues going on, not just physical conditions.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #201
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I still don´t think Juan is the best player on fast surfaces in the team and Mancini was wrong about the decision he made when he chose Cañas as second singles player of the team for the draw.

Apart from that, Juan´s debut in DC was a really good one, considering the conditions, the pressure, etc.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #202
country flag maria87

Quote:
Well, I still don´t think Juan is the best player on fast surfaces in the team and Mancini was wrong about the decision he made when he chose Cañas as second singles player of the team for the draw.

Apart from that, Juan´s debut in DC was a really good one, considering the conditions, the pressure, etc.
ok, agree on the last part!

i will post a video in the section of videos where Chucho explains why he didn't play...he said he had a cold but this wasn't the real important thing: he thinks JM was playing really well in Australia and arrived to DC i very good conditions to play and he has a lot of confidence on JM game. He was very sweet talking to him and said he had just to play his game out there.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #203
country flag lau

Sweden already chose surface for the next tie and, surprisingly, it´s carpet
It will be in Gotemburg. The last time Sweden was local in the world group was in 2003, so Wilander trusts their public will expecting to watch them play at home and hopes their support will help them defeat ARG and reach the semifinal.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007.../01362808.html
Old 02-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #204
country flag maria87

Quote:
Sweden already chose surface for the next tie and, surprisingly, it´s carpet
It will be in Gotemburg. The last time Sweden was local in the world group was in 2003, so Wilander trusts their public will expecting to watch them play at home and hopes their support will help them defeat ARG and reach the semifinal.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007.../01362808.html
here is the

Old 02-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #205
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
fortunatelly people in JM thread was very nice and had no problem to open a livescore ther in JM thread and they appreciated it! we had fun and JM won the point
Thats because, we (the JMDP fans) are much more tolerant, respectful, intelligent, good looking, well.... just better than Chucho's fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
another thing: Chucho had just a cold, and he said yesterday night that he was ready to play. Some other players as Cañas and Callery played with fever before. Chucho wasn't playing well..I said it in my report against Koubek (even winning he didn't play well) and he played worse in the doubles. So I don't think Mancini took the decision just considering the cold of Chucho, of course it was a circumstance...but at same time, we had JMDP physical conditions that you remarked about not being able to play 5 sets. So i think there were some tennis issues going on, not just physical conditions.
I agree with the bold part. Chucho would have played if we had in the team another player instead of Del Potro (in fact, Chucho said that in an interview).

Mancini was thinking to play Juan Martín on Friday, instead of Chucho. So Acasuso would be fresh to play the doubles and on Sunday. But Del Potro told Mancini that he wasn't sure he was ready to play, considering he had never finished a 5 set match before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Chucho lacked match practice and it was very difficult for him to play 3 days, so after the doubles he was replaced by a fresh player and that counted. Melzer had to play 3 days straight and this was Juan's first match of the weekend.
Agree.

Quote:
how come?

Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #206
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Thats because, we (the JMDP fans) are much more tolerant, respectful, intelligent, good looking, well.... just better than Chucho's fans.

I never doubt that

Quote:
how come?

I DON´T agree with that or, in other words, I think Mancini was right when he chose the second singles player.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #207
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I never doubt that
good

edit: why the laugh?

Quote:
I DON´T agree with that or, in other words, I think Mancini was right when he chose the second singles player.
Oh, I see.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #208
country flag lau

Quote:
edit: why the laugh?
Although you stated the obvious, it was unexpected
Old 02-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #209
country flag Hendu

Quote:
Although you stated the obvious, it was unexpected
well... we (JMDP fans) tend too be somewhat obvious too. Sorry, we are not perfect.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #210
country flag lau

Quote:
well... we (JMDP fans) tend too be somewhat obvious too. Sorry, we are not perfect.
oh, no no no, you somehow balanced what´s obvious with your fresh spontaneity