Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss

He has played a role in the success of the Argentine team in making the semi finals of the Davis Cup.

He played very well against the Swedes in his debut and then teamed up with Nalbandian to win the important doubles against the Croats to make the semis.

Chucho is in a provisional squad with Nalbandian, Calleri, Chela and Gaudio. Though I think Mancini will stick to the same team that got the right result in Croatia barring injury. Chucho is useful in that he can play doubles and singles.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 11-23-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #2
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup

Vamos Argentina
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:35 AM   #4
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I'll be able to see this tie on an internet station!!! VAMOS CHUHCO!!!!!!!! VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
Chucho
Do you have a ticket???...my friend tried to get some but they sold out in like 2 hours!!!!
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #6
country flag michelleg

michelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond repute

Heads up for any of you in Argentina that are able to get Carlos Alberto's show....he was over at Chucho's yesterday afternoon filming for the telly show :-) He was also on Carlos' radio program Tuesday evening (but since most of Posadas internet was down Tuesday evening, I couldnt catch it on the web....anyone out there hear it?)

Anyway, Chucho is at home with his family now, in good spirits and looking forward to Davis Cup.

"How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself."

Anais Nin
michelleg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia_c
Do you have a ticket???...my friend tried to get some but they sold out in like 2 hours!!!!
26 hours exactly And no, I don´t have tickets because those days I was working like 15 hours a day and never knew they started selling them I knew it would be difficult having tickets for this tie, so I was prepared to be the first one in the line to buy my tickets for the 3 days..... Imagine my mood the next 2 or 3 days after they were sold out And it`s the perfect moment in the year, with no exams... Whatever... everytime I start thinking about it I want to
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleg
Heads up for any of you in Argentina that are able to get Carlos Alberto's show....he was over at Chucho's yesterday afternoon filming for the telly show :-) He was also on Carlos' radio program Tuesday evening (but since most of Posadas internet was down Tuesday evening, I couldnt catch it on the web....anyone out there hear it?)

Anyway, Chucho is at home with his family now, in good spirits and looking forward to Davis Cup.
Thanks for those updates Michelle.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau
26 hours exactly And no, I don´t have tickets because those days I was working like 15 hours a day and never knew they started selling them I knew it would be difficult having tickets for this tie, so I was prepared to be the first one in the line to buy my tickets for the 3 days..... Imagine my mood the next 2 or 3 days after they were sold out And it`s the perfect moment in the year, with no exams... Whatever... everytime I start thinking about it I want to
I know..I had plans to go...my friend would get the tickets and all would be well...but no...they just better win!!!
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Good that he is at home resting up, but he will get into training soon enough and he will have a role to play in this tie, he might play singles as he needs some more experience and this environment is favourable to him, so that will help.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

I think Chucho will play the singles. And if he does, Calleri will play the doubles.
Nalbandian is the only one who plays the three matches.
If Calleri plays the 1 singles rubber, then Chucho will play the doubles.

At least thats what Mancini has done until this tie.

Chela will be the #1 spectator.

Last edited by Hendu : 09-14-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #12
country flag Choupi

How I envy those who will get coverage.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
How I envy those who will get coverage.
How I envy those who have tickets.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:41 AM   #14
bad gambler

Hopefully he plays the singles, but unfortunately for obvious reasons I have to make an exception and can not support him during the weekend

Would be great to see him play Hewitt though
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:49 AM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Luli has a lot of options and that is always good, though I am not sure whether Chucho or Calleri would be a better to play against Hewitt. It will come down to who is ready to go and playing better in training.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1