Tennis Austria - Page 90 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:35 AM   #1336
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Austria

Got the photo with Julian / Julian and Simon today. My mother, despite being shown several times how to use my camera[and assuring me it was ok], did not use it correctly, so I ended up near hugging Julian for near a minute. F***! So embarrassing. How hard is it to follow instructions. Anyway, I will soon write the days blog to encompass the embarrassment of it. Tomorrow - or the day after - the Austrian/Swedish flags will join me at the tennis

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #1337
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

at the AO Werner Eschauer will play Berdych in the first round.

Still alive in the qualies are Koellerer and Slanar.
Today Slanar df Healey 7-6, 7-6. A greata win for him.
He play Ouanna (FRA) in the final round to make it into the MD
Koellerer will play Baker who defeated Alex Peya in the 2nd rd.
Hope Daniel wins for revenge.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:05 AM   #1338
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I watched all of the Slanar match today. He's a strange one. Not as a person [ I don't know] but as a player, if he's not serving aces [or unreturnable serves anyway], he's doing double faults. He had three in one game Other than his double faults, and a lot of shots that would hit the tape on the net, I enjoyed the match. Probably because of the outcome huh! Adam Feeney [Aus] and Daniel Koellerer were just in front of me for a few changes of end during the match. Dani pisses me off when he plays, but it was nice to see him watching another Austrian.

I will watch Martin play tomorrow. This time I'll actually bring the Austrian flag! He's not bad looking. I probably wrote somewhere that he reminds me a little of Alexander Popp. There are three other matches scheduled on at the same time as him...so I will see how I go. Koellerer is the third match on, so I will probably watch his. My friend wants to see...I want to see him lose LOL. Well, it depends on his behaviour I suppose. Baker and Peya seemed well matched, it was very enjoyable to watch.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #1339

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that Koellerer's behavior is supposed to have improved. He claims his girlfriend has calmed him down and he will not behave badly on the court. I will be anxious to see what you say about that. I have never seen him play.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #1340
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

He was wearing one of his t-shirts yesterday [maybe you have seen them on his site?]. On the front it said "I'm not a trendy Asshole". I appreciated the humour. If I watch, I will keep you updated! lol... really looking forward to seeing Slanar. Hoping for a win to make me feel better about the Oli loss!

Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #1341

Were you at Slanar's match when he beat Ouanna 7-6, 6-3? I hope you have gotten some pictures of him so I can see what he looks like. I hope he gets a decent draw in the open. I noticed that Nadal plays a qualifier and I hope it is not Martin.

Did you see Koellerer? He lost to Baker 4-6, 4-6. How did he behave? You said he behaved well in his other match because he was winning easily. Now that he lost I wonder if he still behaved. :-)
Old 01-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #1342
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

I took lots of photos. He played much better than the previous matches - but his serving is still not so great. Sometimes it is, but he's incredibly inconsistent.

I was at Koellerers match. While waiting between change of ends, I was in the queue to go in, and Oli joined too. He suggested that maybe I liked Koellerer, I said I was there for the entertainment. I had to get him to re-sign my little photo/autograph book, and he laughed at how young he looked in the picture Short hair, no sponsor... he went and sat with Peya, I sat with my friend Peta a few rows in front. Koellerer was a little nasty, but he wasn't toooo horrible. Not too good with the ballkids again. What can you do
Old 01-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #1343

Did you get the feeling Koellerer was trying to behave better. I thought maybe that is why he lost.

For everyone info:

Rankings within Austria

Eschauer #1
Koubek #2
Melzer #3

Marach is #4,but his ATP ranking did not change.

Jurgen says he is not worried about ranking, but just wants to improve his playing. He feels he has improved with his new coach.

Read somewhere in another thread that Karl Heinz Wetter's new
player Gulbis is playing Safin in the first round. That will be interesting for them both.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #1344
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

No, don't think behaviour is much of a priority for him when it comes to winning or losing. He was simply outplayed. This baker guy is impressive.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #1345
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Werner Eschauer was brilliant, from what I saw today. Obviously the result didn't go the right way, but while I was there, he pushed the Czech from time to time. GREAT atmosphere at the match. Lots of fans there for both players. Also noticed Peya, Koellerer, Marach and Dorsch [GER].

Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #1346

So far it has been a rough nite in doubles for the Austrians.

Aspelin/Knowle L Lindstedt/Nieminen 4-6, 6-4, 2-6 I know that Julian pulled out of the Mixed doubles because he is still bothered by his lack hearing in the ear. I am sure it is causing him a problem with his tennis. Not being able to see the match I do not know if they were out played or just did not play well themselves.

Horna/Koubek L Hanley/Paes seeded 5 6-7, 6-7

Still to play is Jurgen in singles against Cilic and Marach in doubles.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #1347
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Tragic day for Austrians
I caught the final set of Lindstedt/Nieminen df Simon/Julian. Whilst Jarkko and Robert played quite well, Simon and Julian were pretty much rubbish by the end of the match. My friend Christina was there for all of it and said Julian did nto do so well. Mind you she is a fan of Swedes and Jarkko so she wouldn't have been overly positive for the Austrian :P At the end of the match, in the final game, both Simon and Julian missed some smashes that even I could probably put away. Pressure just got to them. I thought at least the handshake at the end would be alright with all the scandinavians on court, but Simon was absolutely shattered. It was the quickest shake-hands, and if you blinked, you would have missed him leaving the court. That's how quick it was

Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #1348

I was afraid for them. When I read that Julain pulled out of the mixed Doubles because of his ear, I was sure he was having troubles on the court. I feel bad for them. They will do better when Julian gets better. Hopefully he will recover soon.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #1349
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

I present to you, the turd who beat Oli in qualifying. Just kidding, he didn't do a thing to annoy me, aside from the obvious. And I found him quite goodlooking which eased the initial pain [the nose, and big blonde hair reminded me of Popp!]. Then again I find Oli more than 'quite' goodlooking and that didn't help at all

Martin Slanar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0913.JPG (47.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0916.JPG (65.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0980.JPG (57.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0981.JPG (77.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0984.JPG (197.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0987.JPG (152.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0991.JPG (59.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0993.JPG (129.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0994.JPG (194.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0995.JPG (42.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #1350
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

In the previous post, the photos where he's wearing a hat are from the ill-fated Marach match. The others are from his match against Healey where I was sad that I left my Austrian flag at home. Nothing gives me more enjoyment, than vocally cheering against an Australian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0997.JPG (59.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0998.JPG (73.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0999.JPG (44.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1000.JPG (276.0 KB, 1 views)