Tennis Austria - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #121
country flag MissKoubek1981

MissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Jürgen

He lost to Rusedski 6-3 3-6 4-6 6-7(4)
he was up 5-2* in the fourth set and had set point at *5-3 but couldn't convert it... Rusedski broke back and took the tiebreak to win the match.

damn, I really wanted him to win this, but it turned out to be a bad loss instead

Jürgen seemed to be pretty nervous and made lots of stupid errors, also he can serve much much better and he has to stop making stupid errors on his backhand side...

I hope that loss doesn't mean too much for Melzer's Davis Cup career and I hope he can still go into the right direction in future...

I'm attaching a few GettyImages pics of Jürgen Melzer and Stefan Koubek in their singles against Great Britain on Saturday...
Thanks for the pics! I also wanted Jürgen to win. But Rusedski was the better player. I think the fact that Jürgen started the tie-break with a double fault explains a lot, also the thing with the racket misuse. He didn't feel well at all. Also Stefan said that when they interviewed him about his opinion why Jürgen was playing that bad.

Jürgen surely will find his way! His next goal is to be seeded in Melbourne next year! Hope he reaches that! But that's far too far into the future, let's concentrate on tomorrow!
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2004, 01:07 AM   #122
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Jurgen

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:58 AM   #123

MissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, poor Jürgen.

But a new day today!! *wavesflag*

Auf gehts Jürgen auf gehts!!!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #124
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...at the moment; poor Jurgen again! tim leads 2-1 come on Jurgen

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #125

Too bad Jürgen lost, I really wanted him to win at least one match. But Stefan saved the Austrian tennis world once again.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:30 PM   #126
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

There will be other times for Jurgen perhaps on the faster surfaces, but Koubek is the hero this time.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:42 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Rosset is Tall
There will be other times for Jurgen perhaps on the faster surfaces, but Koubek is the hero this time.
Yes, definitely! Jürgen has so much time left to prove himself (he's only 23 now, so he has a great future if it goes on like that!!). And Stef has deserved this experience of success. He has been fighting so much and had so much bad luck, it's fantastic that he plays that good again!
Old 10-01-2004, 07:49 AM   #128
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

CAPTAIN John Fitzgerald admitted Australia could've done a lot worse than picking a home tie against Austria to open next year's Davis Cup campaign.

Last year's winners forced their way back into the World Group by winning a qualifier against Morocco in Perth last weekend after the first round flop against Sweden in February.
"It could have been a lot worse, we have a tie at home and that is always an advantage, there were a few difficult ties on offer," Fitzgerald said. "Austria are a tough combination, they just beat Great Britain so they have some form, and quality players but it is good to have the first one at home."

World No.3 Lleyton Hewitt (28-6 Davis Cup record) is unbeaten in six meetings against Austria's likely singles combination of world No.37 Jurgen Melzer (4-15) and No.79 Stefan Koubek (14-12).

Fitzgerald remained hopeful that two-time Grand Slam finalist Mark Philippoussis would rekindle his best form after a horror 2004 in time for the March 4-6 tie. The 1999 and 2003 Davis Cup hero is a good chance of having his world ranking slip into triple figures after not winning a singles match for three months.

"He has had a tough year," Fitzgerald said.

"He just needs to win, it as simple as that, Mark is the kind of player who can kind form very quickly.

"There is no secrets to Mark, he has a a big game and he can strike the ball beautifully and we just hope he finds his form coming into the summer."

The powerful Victorian (13-9) has won his only encounter with Melzer back in 2000 while Koubek won their only meeting in Qatar this year.

Fitzgerald warned Koubek was a dangerous player having beaten Juan Carlos Ferrero at this year's US Open.

Fitzgerald was unsure what the surface would be for the tie, but said it definitely wouldn't be clay.
Fox Sports - Australia
October 1, 2004

Old 10-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkman_Girl
Fitzgerald was unsure what the surface would be for the tie, but said it definitely wouldn't be clay.
*lol* Anybody calculated with them putting up a CLAY court??? *gg*
Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #130
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

LOL Yeah, who would have thought... not on clay
Old 10-01-2004, 08:33 AM   #131

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

BG, are you going to be stalking Austrians at the Aus Open, then?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:39 AM   #132
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Yes. Yes I will hehehe but I will give them prior warning at the Aus Open

edit:OOPS! That^^^ refers to Davis Cup, I'll be there also.

Regarding Aus Open, I have to split my time between Jurgen, Alexander, Jarkko and Jonas. But I have to focus more on Jurgen and Jarkko this time around... so yep. The boys will be getting a lot of support from me In the next month or so I'll have to get my hands on an Austrian flag from the city markets.

Last edited by Bjorkman_Girl : 10-01-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:01 AM   #133

Quote:
Yes. Yes I will hehehe but I will give them prior warning at the Aus Open

edit:OOPS! That^^^ refers to Davis Cup, I'll be there also.

Regarding Aus Open, I have to split my time between Jurgen, Alexander, Jarkko and Jonas. But I have to focus more on Jurgen and Jarkko this time around... so yep. The boys will be getting a lot of support from me In the next month or so I'll have to get my hands on an Austrian flag from the city markets.
Busy girl won't you be? Did you ever hear the story from GWH about Koubek, Nic Larsson and a few of the Swedes in Melbourne last year?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:07 AM   #134
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Yeah, I'll be very busy. Possibly Adelaide, and definitely Sydney/Melbourne/DC tournaments (not to mention the wheelchair one/s). It depends who's in Adelaide.

GWH told me a lot of stories last year... but I dont think I recall the Koubek/Larsson one. Should I be worried!? hehe it wouldnt surprise me if Niclas had a few 'adventures' in Melbourne

Old 10-01-2004, 09:14 AM   #135

Quote:
GWH told me a lot of stories last year... but I dont think I recall the Koubek/Larsson one. Should I be worried!? hehe it wouldnt surprise me if Niclas had a few 'adventures' in Melbourne
Should you be worried about who GWH, Nic, Koubek or three of them in the one place?