Tennis Austria - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #241
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Austria

I completely trust that Stefan did question the Doctor and the Doctor made a mistake in reasurring him it was okay. It I am reading the translations correctly, it is a newly banned substance and the Doctor did not have the current list which is was on.

Does anyone know if they will appeal? I think they are trying to decide whether to appeal or not. Orginally the committee wanted to suspend Stefan for 2 years and take away his wins against England in the Davis Cup. Is that correct?
MightyJurgenfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2004, 04:07 PM   #242
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan
I completely trust that Stefan did question the Doctor and the Doctor made a mistake in reasurring him it was okay. It I am reading the translations correctly, it is a newly banned substance and the Doctor did not have the current list which is was on.
Yes, that can be correct because there was a newly forbidden substance (since 2004) in it.

Quote:
Does anyone know if they will appeal? I think they are trying to decide whether to appeal or not.
Not completely correct, from what I always have read they want 100% appeal, they are already waiting to appeal, but this is not possible until the written confirmation of the sentence arrives and this is not expected until middle of January, they said.

Quote:
Orginally the committee wanted to suspend Stefan for 2 years and take away his wins against England in the Davis Cup. Is that correct?
exactly, they wanted a much higher penalty, but thanks to the effort of Dr. Demel, a very experienced guy who is the head of the Austrian Doping Commitee, a ligther penalty was the result.

If they had only reported the treatment due to therapeutical purposes, this incident would have never happened and everything would have been okay

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #243
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Well of course he is going to appeal this, but he or his coach should have notified the ATP that there was going to be an injection for his injury, then they would know about it.

I mean Koubek might like some pot, but that's not performance enhancing, but I don't think he went out to intentionally cheat unlike Rusedski and some others.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #244
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can see I have a lot more respect for Stean Koubek than you do. I suspect all players will need to notify the ATP even if they want to take an aspirn. Will that protect them? I doubt it.

I agree with you about Rusedski and your some others comment. He got off fairly well. Why aren't the tennis players coming out and supporting Stefan the way they supposedly did Rusedski. I think the othe Austrian players would be taking his side.
MightyJurgenfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #245
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

You guys!!!!!
Jurgen was SO lazy today! He sat on the sofa for hours, lol, and then he trained with Radek. He did pretty well, hit the tape a few times but otherwise not bad

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:36 AM   #246
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björkman_Girl
You guys!!!!!
Jurgen was SO lazy today! He sat on the sofa for hours, lol, and then he trained with Radek. He did pretty well, hit the tape a few times but otherwise not bad
Still chasing the man with the lovely hair then BG? It seems the previous poster doesn't understand my appreciation for Koubek.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #247
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah definitely! And after today, it will probably increase! I told him he'd be getting a little something from me in Sydney (inspirational book thing. I decided he needs it for DC!) His hair is looking mighty fine and he is sooo friendly! And lazy! lol.... there are a couple of big lounges here,,, one had jurgen on it all day, the other had thomas, his gf/fiancee/wife as well as aspelin, and magnus and some other guy.... lol
Old 01-01-2005, 08:45 AM   #248
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well now since Koubek isn't going. I won't be going to Sydney, though I might just to see Muster.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #249
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Davis Cup?
Tickets on sale in just over a week
Old 01-01-2005, 09:04 AM   #250
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Davis Cup?
Tickets on sale in just over a week
You will be there with bells on.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #251
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

I bought my Austrian flag a couple of days ago
Margaret (the ToJo fan) is keen to come along I'm ecstatic!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #252
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I bought my Austrian flag a couple of days ago
Margaret (the ToJo fan) is keen to come along I'm ecstatic!
You are almost as bad as Lou.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #253
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

lol... I'm figuring out if I want Igor Kunitsyn to be my #5 player... which would mean 5 flags... perhaps I'll choose another german, and save money ^_^
Old 01-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #254
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
lol... I'm figuring out if I want Igor Kunitsyn to be my #5 player... which would mean 5 flags... perhaps I'll choose another german, and save money ^_^
You are better looking than Lou and that's the most important thing. You could always cheer for another Swede.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #255
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

The flag will get a test run tomorrow when Jurgen plays Berdych