Tennis Austria - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2004, 11:58 AM   #181
country flag MissKoubek1981

MissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Austria

2-6 7-5 7-5 vs. Ljubicic!

Will be hard vs. Novak today ... but still there are chances!!

AUF GEHTS STEFAN AUF GEHTS!!!!
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2004, 03:08 PM   #182
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, Koubek lost, but it's still a good result for him reaching this semifinal.
The only think that is not acceptable is that he didn't score another game after he was up 4-1 in the 1st set, I believe. Or was it only 3-1, I don't know. But no matter how, this looked liked a total collapse there.

But it's till a semifinal and he can need it

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:02 PM   #183
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Today afternoon, before the Nalbandian vs Novak final in Basel, I was watching the broadcast on ORF1 that showed the ladies final between Mauresmo and Bovina.

And Stefan Koubek was also there and they showed him a few times when he was giving autographs to some fans that came to him. They also asked him a few questions during one changeover.

And from what I can remember Koubek said, that his ankle got better and better, that he is happy with his current form and that it feels good to reach a semifinal after such a long time ago.

I checked his results and his last semifinal before Basel should have been Munich as he lost against Federer. This was in April 2003. Well, certainly it was well needed for him after such a long time. Congrats to him!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 11-01-2004, 04:41 PM   #184
country flag Neely
-

Jürgen won 6-1 6-4, quite easily, against Chela!!!

well done, I'm happy about this result.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:10 AM   #185
country flag Neely
-

Melzer continues to win in Paris....

Melzer def. Robredo 6-3 3-6 6-1

yeah, I'm pretty satisfied now with his result. Two wins are better than none at all

Old 11-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #186

MissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond reputeMissKoubek1981 has a reputation beyond repute

Will be interesting tonight, against Safin ...

I wonder if Marat has an Austrian paranoia after playing Stefan in Madrid, Alex in St. Petersburg, Juli also in St. Petersburg and Jürgen now ... *lol*

Alex has a bad injury. double torn ligament in his right ankle. He has already had the surgery. Really sad for him, he still wanted to play some tournaments this year.

Last edited by MissKoubek1981 : 11-04-2004 at 05:20 PM.
MissKoubek1981 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:43 PM   #187
country flag Neely
-

Safin def. Melzer 6-2 7-5

tooooo bad that Jürgen lost and that his season is finished now.
But well, as I said above, he didn't expect himself too much and said that is happy with every win and that he takes everything as it comes.

And he won two matches before falling to Safin who is playing really well currently.

That's really okay to end the season, Jürgen!!!
he had a great year all together! Best Austrian! And Koubek is also on the rise again!
Jürgen, COME ON!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKoubek1981
Alex has a bad injury. double torn ligament in his right ankle. He has already had the surgery. Really sad for him, he still wanted to play some tournaments this year.
OMG
that's really bad
I've had similar injury three years ago, also torn ligaments in my ankle.

I wish him all the best for recovery!!! So many injuries

Last edited by Neely : 11-04-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #188
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with tennis... not really.
The Sound of Music is on tv tonight
I would watch this daily, as a child. Maybe it's the cause of my affection for the environment, brunette men, and Jurgen!? LOL I would always associate environmental beauty with Austria. Danielle and others, we must go to the Vienna tournament one day!

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björkman_Girl
Danielle and others, we must go to the Vienna tournament one day!
Sure!!! You can count on me for that trip!! *hehe*
Old 11-09-2004, 04:08 AM   #190
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guess what!
Austria vs Australia is in Sydney, where I live!

Here's the article: http://www.tennisaustralia.com/pages...d=4&PageID=206
It's on grass!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:11 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björkman_Girl
Hey guess what!
Austria vs Australia is in Sydney, where I live!

Here's the article: http://www.tennisaustralia.com/pages...d=4&PageID=206
It's on grass!
That's fantastic! You surely will have a great time there! We all calculated with grass, so the surface is not a surprise!

Nice pic of Tom with the Austrian flag on the second page of the article!

Last edited by MissKoubek1981 : 11-09-2004 at 05:13 PM.
MissKoubek1981 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #192
country flag Neely
-

That's huge, BjörkmanGirl!

I'm sure you will get to see Jürgen there, too!

Old 11-11-2004, 07:40 AM   #193
country flag 1NightStandsRule

1NightStandsRule has a spectacular aura about1NightStandsRule has a spectacular aura about1NightStandsRule has a spectacular aura about

Good luck with your Davis Cup adventures BG.
1NightStandsRule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:37 AM   #194
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Thanks guys!
It's gonna be a lot of fun... I will have a Spritzer for Danielle and I (our birthdays). Are spritzers actually Austrian, or am I confused because an Austrian guy introduced me to them!?

PS. I put $200 down on a camera today Just gotta pay the guy an extra $180 and it's all mine .... so then I can get some decent pictures of our guys (I hope).

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Old 11-11-2004, 08:44 AM   #195
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

You better get some Muster pics and Almdudler is an Austrian drink along with Red Bull.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote