Stiff and sore hand/wrist - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #1
country flag thefan

thefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond reputethefan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stiff and sore hand/wrist

Sometimes near the end of my practice(after 2-3 hours), I will have a stiff and really sore hand and wrist. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?
thefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stiff and sore hand/wrist

Maybe you're using the wrong grip size?
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
country flag tennisdreams

tennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond reputetennisdreams has a reputation beyond repute

I know that after I haven't hit for a few weeks and I get back out on the court, especially if it is for more than two hours, my hand will sometimes get stiff and it will hurt when I'm tightening my grip to hit the ball. To me this is natural, it goes away in the next few days while still playing and I believe it's just my body not being used to hitting such a huge amount of balls. If it's hurting even when you're off the court this is probably something different, but otherwise I think its just your body not being used to it. When
I first started playing competitive tennis my wrist was really sore. You should try to build up your forearm muscle and focus on hitting the sweet spot to decrease the amount of vibration going through your wrist. I hope that helps!

Vamos Rafa!
tennisdreams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
country flag lazyman

lazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond reputelazyman has a reputation beyond repute

that happens to me sometimes to. my coach tells me its because i am flicking my wrists to much.
lazyman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
country flag tennisplayer89

tennisplayer89 is on a distinguished road

Your equipment could be causing the problem. What strings and racquet do you play with?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
country flag klinsi

klinsi is on a distinguished road

It's because you're using your wrist to hit the ball...
Maybe you need the racket bracket
klinsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote