God Bless our Heroes - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
country flag Preston

Preston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond reputePreston has a reputation beyond repute
Default God Bless our Heroes

This is truly a very touching and well put together slide show (clip). It's kind of old, so maybe a few of y'all have already seen it. But if you haven't, or just would like to see this great tribute agian. Please check it out.
http://www.pcsuccess.us/yrg/farewell.html

PS. I know that we are on the eve of the anniversary of the hurricane that hit the Gulf Coast, that I don't even need to name. And I am not trying to still it's thunder at all. I just thought this was pretty moving too.
Preston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
country flag dkw

dkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: God Bless our Heroes

This sh*t is taking 500 years to launch on my computer...

As far as I can tell it's about dead Marines yeah? Well since these guys get paid to kill other people I won't waste my time shedding tears. What can I say, I'm a cynical b*tch!
dkw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: God Bless our Heroes

Thanks for posting that link Preston. It is a good reminder to us in the US the sacrifice our soldiers make for a questionable war and now (what sadly seems) a futile cause. A war that was started for false reasons and then bungled badly by politicians. And our service men and women (and the people of Iraq) are paying the price.

My husband is a SSG in the Army National Guard and was scheduled to be sent last year when another unit was taken at the last minute. He is currently on a list to be sent as a replacement should the need arise and I am fully aware that he may end up over there before the US ends its involvement.

A Marine from our church fights for his life after losing an arm and a leg. He is now has a possibly deadly infection. My husband was assigned to assisit a local mother whose son died in Iraq last spring. Casualites are everywhere in this country now. There is always a high price for war,and we can only hope our leaders use war as a last resort when there is no other recorse. That was not the case with Iraq and the blood of all these soldiers is on the hands of the Bush Administration. Soldiers take orders and do as they are told. Politicians make the life and death decision to go to war.

I will not/can not ever defend the Bush administration but I will always stand behind US soldiers.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 08-30-2006 at 05:46 AM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote