Sebastien Grosjean's official site in English? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2004, 05:44 AM   #1
country flag Sammy

Sammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond reputeSammy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Sebastien Grosjean's official site in English?

Hi!

For those of you who don't know the address for Seb's official site - it's at www.grosjeansebastien.com

As it's in French, and I don't understand much French, I have started a campaign of sorts. lol.

I just sent an email to each of the three people listed in the credits page on Seb's official site.
In the email I explained that seeing as Seb's fan base was growing world wide then it was only fitting that his website be available in English to accommodate their interests.

I was hoping that others would follow suit and do the same. Send them an email requesting that his site be available in English for his English speaking fans.

To find the email addresses just go to his site, scroll to the bottom of the front page and clickk on 'credits'.

I would really love to be able to visit his site and understand what I'm reading! I'm sure there are others who would appreciate it too!

Sammy
Sammy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #2
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sebastien Grosjean's official site in English?

i am not (quite) a seb fan but what a great effort, sammy!

esther could you start petitioning with sylvain, lol........

the girl we (+kat) met watching arnaud at practice also said that she had given up following arnaud's website, because she couldn't read the french !!!! if it's in english she would sure visit more.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:03 AM   #3
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

As much as this is a great idea and I have been wishing for months that Seb's site would be available in English, I don't think it will happen.

Unfortunately (and I don't mean this in a nasty way), but a lot of French people don't want to acknowledge that English is a more common language than their own. I hope this doesn't hamper us getting an English site, but I worry that it will.

I know Jonas Bjorkman's official site has recently been made available in English - which is fantastic coz I'm not that fluent in Swedish either :P

Peta
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
country flag irishface

irishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond reputeirishface has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you succeed, Sammy. Séb has so many English speaking fans, it's a big shame for them to miss out.

I've given up hope that Nono's site will ever have even an English section or page. I generally don't bother with it, except for the diaries, because my French isn't good enough to post on the forums, and frankly - it's not a very good site. Sorry Sylvain. There are as good/better sites for Nono that are run by fans and are in English. For example, Nastka's site is in English, French and Polish. I think she does a great job.

Unless the people that run the site have enough interest to make it bi-lingual, or the player (or the player's management) wants it to be I think you're talking to a brick wall, but I hope I'm wrong.
irishface is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

i haven't been to the official arnaud site for a long time, except when i try to 'gate crash' the forum, lol..... but in the past i thought it was cool in the way that it got the fans involved like it's great little club. all those fans of the month, fan's reports of meeting arnaud and why they liked him etc etc it's all terrific.

nastka's arnaud site was great too.... (again i am now a rare visitor!) but like most unofficial sites, it is an observer and cannot speak for arnaud. and i suppose it doesn't carry translations from the official site?

i don't think the french are that stubborn about english these days. in sylvain's case, it's a matter of resource that it can't be done in english, lol.

i suppose i should just approach arnaud next year and talk to him about an english site, lol...... it's actually easier to find the player himself, than to email someone on a website
Old 02-06-2004, 09:39 AM   #6
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of starting an English Seb site coz i could translate articles and interviews and have pictures and stuff but i actually do not have the time with school so...

i have been a bit slack with translating stuff lately but if marine or whoever posts articles or itnerviews of him here then i'll translate them asap
Old 02-06-2004, 09:42 AM   #7
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

i actually never go on unofficial fan sites...are they actually worth going on? coz dont you already check scores yourself neway...and most news i'd find would be from what people have posted here or other sites neway

natska...how long has she had an english version of her site for?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:15 PM   #8
country flag Via

hmmm... i think natska's site has been around since i've been an arnaud fan which means at least 3 years... but she probly became a fan at around the same time for the same reason, lol

esther between you and me there's no reason why we can't do an english arnaud site...... problem is with time.... you have your hsc year coming up and i have a damn uni course which never seems to finish.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:20 PM   #9
country flag Via

hey, i'm testing a new thing for my site right now... reading all the links from a database which is a big adventure for me to do .... lol.... do you want to test it, it isn't done yet but i've got your new forum link on the database already, so have a look...

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/links.php?type=P

Last edited by Via : 02-08-2004 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:42 AM   #10
country flag esther

yeah thatd be cool doing an arnaud site!! we should do one one day. just a matter of having the time but getting the information and photos isnt a problem coz we're doing all that stuff at the moment here neway but yeah if natska alreayd has an english site then i'm guessing a lot of english speaking people would just go `to that?
Old 02-08-2004, 03:00 AM   #11
country flag esther

hehe thats cool that you put the new forum on it- u dont have this site on it?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:11 AM   #12
country flag Via

Default Re: Re: Sebastien Grosjean's official site in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esther
yeah thatd be cool doing an arnaud site!! we should do one one day. just a matter of having the time but getting the information and photos isnt a problem coz we're doing all that stuff at the moment here neway but yeah if natska alreayd has an english site then i'm guessing a lot of english speaking people would just go `to that?
by the time we get around to it, arnaud may already have retired ....

i'll go and add more links now.......
Old 02-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #13
xuzizhen

xuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone knows why these days i cannot open seb's official website???
Old 02-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #14
country flag esther

lol thats so true via *sigh*
this is as good as an official website for me...if that makes sense..i mean i recko forums are better than unofficial websites coz you have everyone posting here so its just easier *shrugs*

having said that...making an arnaud site would be fun!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:19 AM   #15
country flag esther

no i dont know why sebs site isnt working
i'm guessing they are making changes or sth..