HELP! who has live scores of Lindsay? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2002, 08:48 PM   #1
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HELP! who has live scores of Lindsay?

of course just when the Davenport/Sugiyama match was heating up, WTAworld goes down. Davenport won the first set 6-3, and Ai was serving to start the 2nd, but i can't get on the damn site now!

does anyone have a link to live scores or actually know the score? thanks!
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2002, 09:02 PM   #2
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

never mind, WTAworld is up and running again. and Lindsay is one game away from the win!
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

Old 08-11-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Pity, Lindsay lost in the 3 rd set, but credit to Chanda, she played well, moved better, used her forehand quite well.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 02:57 AM   #4
Leo7

i'm so distraught! it's so devastating, i mean she was up 7-5, 5-4, 30-15 and CHOKED!

Old 08-12-2002, 03:00 AM   #5
Leo7

WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! i don't think i'll ever get over this one, unless of course Lindsay wins the US Open! come on Linzi! kick some ass in New York dear!

Old 08-12-2002, 12:53 PM   #6
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

i was rooting for her, too, Leo. But Chanda made her move around the court.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:22 PM   #7
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she made an awesome return after the injury. Its kind of normal to be a little rusty. And that shows up on decisive moments. I for one think she is doing a lot better than I would expect.
Stanford (TII) - semifinal lost in 3 sets to Clijsters
San Diego (TII) - semifinal lost in 2 sets to Venus
Los Angeles (TII) - final lost in 3 sets to Rubin
She won 9 matches (including Dokic and Rubin and Sugiyama twice) and lost three, all to great players.
Im happy!
She´s resting this week, and probably practicing on the flaws she´s showing. She should be fine for the USOpen!

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 04:53 PM   #8
Leo7

yeah, Lindsay has made an amazing return in this past month and i'm so happy to see her back fit and healthier than ever before! her 38th title will come in time, maybe even next week in new Haven! Good Luck sweetie!

and did you know her sister was having twins?! wow!

Old 08-12-2002, 11:46 PM   #9
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

No, I didnt know that!
AUNTIE LINDS!!

Now go there and rock!

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.

Last edited by Dissident : 08-13-2002 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:17 AM   #10
Leo7

she's already an aunt i think. i read somewhere that she enjoys spending time with her niece. and now the Davenport family will continue to grow!

Old 08-13-2002, 02:37 AM   #11
Leo7

nice article on Lindsay:

Davenport sees herself as potential U.S. Open spoiler
By BETH HARRIS
AP Sports Writer
August 12, 2002

MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- Lindsay Davenport's fears about coming back from knee surgery and not being good enough to be successful are over.

Since returning to tennis three weeks ago, Davenport reached the semifinals in two tournaments and lost to Chanda Rubin in the finals of the JPMorgan Chase Open on Sunday.

``I'm happy with what's happening,'' Davenport said. ``It's tough not playing for a lot of months, but winning matches and beating a lot of good players along the way is going to give me confidence.''

Davenport finished last year ranked No. 1 in the world, but injured her right knee in November. She was off the WTA Tour for seven months recovering and rehabilitating after having surgery in January.

Her biggest fear was not being able to play again. Her second fear was being mediocre.

``I've been in the top three for five years. I didn't want to come back out here and be like a top-40 player,'' she said.

Davenport's concerns went away when she beat fifth-ranked Jelena Dokic in her first tournament back at Stanford last month. She was up a set and 4-2 in the second against No. 6 Kim Clijsters when she started thinking how easy it was, and wound up losing in three sets.

``It was really important to get off to a good start,'' she said. ``If you start off coming back from an injury not playing well, sometimes it just keeps snowballing to where you lose all your confidence.''

Davenport is ranked ninth, the result of special consideration by the WTA Tour for being injured. It allows her a higher seeding in tournaments than she would normally receive with such a ranking.

The knee is giving Davenport no problems. She's compiled a 9-3 record in her first three tournaments. One of those losses came against second-ranked Venus Williams, who beat her 6-2, 6-1 in Carlsbad, Calif., on Aug. 3.

``I was totally not ready at that point,'' Davenport said.

She avoided having to play top-ranked Serena Williams and No. 3 Jennifer Capriati in Manhattan Beach when both were knocked out in the quarterfinals.

Davenport is taking this week off after playing three consecutive weeks in California. She'll play in New Haven, Conn., as a final tuneup for the U.S. Open, which begins Aug. 26.

``I feel like I could definitely be the spoiler for a lot of things,'' she said. ``I should be hanging around until the later rounds.''

That's where she will likely find the Williams sisters and possibly Capriati, who hasn't won a tournament since the Australian Open in January.

A bigger question than Davenport in New York will be Martina Hingis, off the circuit since having ankle surgery in May. She's requested a wild card into the U.S. Open.

Serena Williams beat older sister, Venus, in the finals of the French Open and Wimbledon, and doesn't see much other competition for the year's final Grand Slam event.

``I would like to have a rematch with Venus at the Open because we'll play on a hard court and it'll bring out the best of our games,'' she said. ``It was really fun playing at Wimbledon and it will be great to play again at the Open.''

Davenport calls herself an underdog, a label she admits sounds funny for a three-time Grand Slam champion.

``I really felt that at Stanford and was so happy to win my first match,'' she said. ``I didn't want to throw this year away, but I certainly was not putting a lot of emphasis on. It was to come back and do well and not worry about the rankings, but just have fun.

Old 08-13-2002, 03:30 AM   #12
country flag Dissident

Oh, how I hope she´s right!
Thanks for the article, Leo.

TWENTY!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:34 PM   #13
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute

You go girl!

Who else comes back after being away from the tour for so long and reaches two semis and a final! I'm so impressed.

I confess, I only started following the WTA at the beginning of this year, so I never saw her play until a few days ago! And she rocks!!! She's my new heroine! I hope she can disturb the Williams reign and bring some excitement to the WTA tour!

Oooops, wrong board. Nevermind.