Olek Dolgopolov Jr. - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #391
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olek Dolgopolov Jr.

Alexandr Dolgopolov def. Ivo Karlovic of Croatia - Day Six of the 2011 US Open on September 3, 2011.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #392
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandr Dolgopolov lost to Novak Djokovic - Day Eight of the 2011 US Open on September 5, 2011. *Dolgopolov hit 25 winners to Djokovic's 13*

Epic tie-breaker in the 1st set

The remainder of the first set leading up to the tiebreaker saw the two men exchange healthy rallies off the ground, Djokovic seeming to find his comfort -- and his grunt -- at 6-5. But the Serb flubbed a backhand long and then watched an ace sail past him to bring the set to a tiebreaker.

It was there that the two players brought out electric tennis from one another. Dolgopolov found lead at 3-0 and then 4-1 thanks to his wicked slices only to yank a forehand well long to bring the score to 4-4.

The Ukranian had set points at 6-5 and 7-6, but could not convert. Down a set point at 7-8 himself, Dolgopolov delivered a sideways backhand volley that cut across the court and kissed the line, bringing the breaker to 8-8. As Djokovic took a 12-11 advantage, a volley from the No. 1 clipped the tape and allowed Dolgopolov to rush the net, hitting two overheads before lobbing Djokovic, whose own defensive lob went just long of the baseline.

With the score at 12-12 and the players switching sides for the fourth time, fans -- some of them who had waited hours to get into the match -- gave the men a deafening standing ovation, many of them already on their feet from the excitement of the point before.

Djokovic came in behind a strong forehand at 13-14 down to knock away a forehand volley winner. He then slipped a serve up the T, drawing an error from Dolgopolov and, on his fifth set point of the breaker, watched a Dolgopolov forehand land just beyond the baseline.

The three-time major champ lept into the air, pumping his fist and turning to the crowd that was again on its feet, applauding the display of craft and guile the two men had put on for the one hour, 16 minute set.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #393
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

An Interview With: Alexander Dolgopolov

Monday, September 5, 2011

Q. What do you think happened in the tiebreak and why did you lose that tiebreak?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: I think he wear me out in the first points and I was a bit tired. When I was serving for it on 4-1, I got an unlucky call. I mean, I was leading in points and attacking. One unlucky call, and then it turned around and it was a tough tiebreak for me. You know, I was trying to play steady because I saw he wasn't comfortable with the rhythm. You know, I wear myself out, as well, for the match. I mean, it was a really tough tiebreak.

Q. Everybody knows about your talent, your different game. What do you think you need to be really in the top?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Yeah, I felt comfortable on the court. I think I just need to get my first serve for sure. You can't play a great returner like that, you know, serve around 40%, that's impossible. For sure, you know, get my fitness together to be able to compete like five sets like this because I was, you know, a bit more tired in the second set and the third set. That, of course, made me make more unforced errors. Yeah, I think pretty much it.

Q. After you lost the heartbreaking tiebreaker, did you have a feeling it was Djokovic, that was it right there?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: No, I don't think the tiebreak would change the match even if I won it. I mean, he's better than me physically now. I wasn't serving that well, you know, to compete all five sets with him. I mean, I was a bit unlucky on the tiebreak, so I was just trying to play the match.

Q. Was that the most exciting atmosphere and tiebreak you ever played? Did you enjoy the crowd?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Yeah, for sure. It was really nice to play. People I think liked the fight in the first set and they were enjoying. So it was just fun to be on the court.

Q. During the tiebreak, Novak was smiling during the second half of it. Seemed like he had an appreciation of how much fun it was. Did you have an appreciation of how much fun the tiebreak was and were you having fun playing it?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: For sure I was having fun just stepping on the court, so much people, good court, playing Novak. I mean, I made a good result on the tournament. I was just happy to play tennis. For sure he was the favorite. I gave a bit of a fight, but I still need some work.

Q. Can you talk about his mental toughness. Do you think players find it increasingly tough to play against him now because he's so mentally strong?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: I don't know. I was just, you know, playing the game. I don't think he made he was just tougher than me in fitness. He didn't, you know, do anything like exceptional on the tiebreak. I had my chances; I didn't take them. So, of course, he's really solid and better in fitness and just more steady than me now.

Q. You had four set points in the tiebreak. Did you think at any point it could be the one where you could pull it out?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Not really. I wasn't thinking about that. I think I could have just gone more for my shots. I was just thinking to win that set. But that just wore me out in the physical. So I could have just taken a bit more risk in that. But mostly I played it fine.

Q. Did you ever play with Santoro and what do you think about him?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: I never played him, but I think he has a fun game to watch. Players are really irritated to play him. I think he was a nice player.

Q. They say you are the new Santoro. What do you think about that?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: I don't think so. I think I have a bit more in my game. I can serve better, play some flat shots, sometimes go to the net. I think I use a bit more of my game. Of course, I use the slice. But today, you know, playing flat with Novak, I mean, it's impossible. He just is so solid. So I tried to mix it up.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #394
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Nice victory over Baghdatis in Metz today!
Keep it going, Dolgo!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #395
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Happy for his today's victory, into QF

ATP NEWS - Moselle Open, Metz (France)

Third seed Alexandr Dolgopolov denied Marcos Baghdatis his 200th match win as he rallied past the Cypriot 6-7(5), 7-5, 6-3 at the Moselle Open on Wednesday.

Baghdatis came back from 3-5 down in the first set tie-break to clinch the 56-minute opening set, but rued his three missed opportunities to go up a break in the second. Dolgopolov drew level with a break on set point and built a 3-0 lead in the third, proceeding to claim the victory after two hours and 20 minutes.

Dolgopolov, currently at a career-high No. 29 in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings, is making his first appearance since a fourth-round run at the US Open (l. to Djokovic). He is through to his eighth tour-level quarter-final of the season.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #396
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Long and nice interview with Alex in the October edition of French Tennis Magazine. I have no time to translate it, but he talks about his early life, when he travelled a lot and played tennis as a child with the great players. He also talks about his heriditary illness, Gilbert syndrom, which forces him to play differently, he speaks about the low interest in tennis in Ukraine and his passion about cars and speed.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #397
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Alex plays his doubles partner, Malisse, next.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #398
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
Alex plays his doubles partner, Malisse, next.
Turned out to be a very easy job for Alex. Too bad about Malisse's injury...

Anyways, next on board: Tsonga!
Do-able, certainly if he plays the same level as he did today.

Go take it, Alex.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #399
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Xavier...

It's turning out to be a solid season for Alex after that rough patch around April. He's already beaten Jo twice this year, so I think he can do it again.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #400
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ATP WORLD TOUR UNCOVERED - Alexandr Dolgopolov

In season 3, episode 39, ATP World Tour Uncovered profiles Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov, who has reached new heights in 2011 with the help of coach Jack Reader.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #401
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

China Open - Beijing, China
Alexandr Dolgopolov and his girlfriend Viktoriia Zast visited the Great Wall of China on Wednesday.
Snaps from Alexandr's personal album.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #402
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a new girlfriend? I saw him in Cincinnati and New Haven last year with a blonde girl who looked younger than this girl.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #403
country flag memetoo

memetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond reputememetoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Is this a new girlfriend? I saw him in Cincinnati and New Haven last year with a blonde girl who looked younger than this girl.
I have seen this girl in Shanghai some days ago, she has beautiful smile and looked very young and lovely, and seems could not bear one minute without Sascha...the most important is...Sascha smiling like the sunshine when together with her...so sweet the partner is...lol
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #404
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Congrats, photos from Shanghai, he made it to his 1st QF in a Masters Series

he speaks quite frankly, I like it!

Dolgopolov: Small crowd makes for strange match

Alexandr Dolgopolov says it was strange to play in front of so few fans in his win over Bernard Tomic at the Shanghai Masters. "For sure it's a bit weird," he said. "It's the third round of a Masters Series. You don't feel that atmosphere a bit, but still you need to make yourself play. It was pretty tough because the court is a bit faster, bounces are different. So it was really tough to stay out there and be motivated and try to play your best tennis."
Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #405
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

This week Kremlin Cup in Moscow... Cheers!

Oct 16, 2011 - Alexandr Dolgopolov and his coach Jack Reader share a joke at the Kremlin Cup party on Sunday night.