Olek Dolgopolov Jr. - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #271
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olek Dolgopolov Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
No pics?

Minorellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 AM   #272
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu_cheese View Post
Sooo close, but he exceeded my expectations. Hopefully he'll have some good results on the clay so he can get into the masters.
As far as I know he has plans to play Hard-court Masters in USA and Canada
Old 06-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #273
country flag Minorellen

Old 06-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #274
country flag bibatof

bibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #275
country flag Minorellen

Old 06-26-2010, 01:58 AM   #276
country flag whattheheck

whattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond repute

Love love love
whattheheck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #277
country flag bibatof

bibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga digs deep to down Dolgopolov

Ukraine's Alexandr Dolgopolov may have lost to 10th seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in a thrilling five-set encounter but he should not go home disappointed. The talented 21-year old, who was making his Wimbledon debut, produced magical tennis in a 6-4, 6-4, 7-6 (5), 7-5, 10-8 match that demonstrated why he has rocketed up the rankings over the past 12 months.

This time last year he was languishing at 370 in the world, but a breakthrough season this year has propelled him to the 43rd spot. And while Tsonga may have been the more experienced player on the court, it was tough to separate the two throughout the match.

Dolgopolnov possesses an incredibly fast service action and scuttles around the court almost terrier-like. He's not afraid to mix up the game, will charge the net, throw in deft drops and stand his ground at the back of the court. These were in abundance in his duel with Tsonga and it was merely the Frenchman's experience that enabled him to sneak a break in the latter part of the first set.

At 4-4, a Tsonga winner down the line put Dolgopolv under pressure. A couple of errors, including a double fault on break point handed the Frenchman the break and he promptly pocketed the set.

The pattern was repeated in the second, with Tsonga breaking Dolgopolnov at exactly the same stage and going on to claim the set by the same score.

However, this time round the man from Ukraine had undergone a medical time-out, which involved treatment on his right elbow and rotator cuff. The magic touch worked and his confidence blossomed. Interestingly, Dolgopolnov only played his first professional grass court tournament last week in Eastbourne - an event that saw him reach the semi final - but he was beginning to look like an old hand on the surface when he went on to claim the third set on a tie-break.
The fourth also went his way thanks to a combination of drop shots and precision lobs that Tsonga could not get a racket on.

By the start of the fifth set, the long-haired prodigy had again called for a medical time-out - this time a left thigh injury appeared to be the problem. By the time the trainer trotted off the court, Dolgopolov was sporting heavy strapping, which began to unravel in the following two games and he promptly ripped it away.

Despite his ailments, Dolgopolov was clearly enjoying the moment. By 5-5, the spectators were alert and vocal and when he held breakpoint on Tsonga's serve, he looked within sniffing distance of serving for the match. But Tsonga saved it with an impossibly powerful drive and the Ukrainian could only smile in admiration.

Dolgopolov managed to stave off one match point against him in the following game, but from that moment on his service games always looked in danger. Tsonga, on the other hand, was winning his with comparative ease. When the 21-year-old netted a backhand, again on his serve, Tsonga found himself in charge of a further three match points. The Frenchman claimed the match on the last one - thanks to a Dolopolov error - in a scintillating battle that ended just under the four hour mark.

SOURCE : http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...394617805.html

Old 06-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #278
country flag bibatof

Interview : Alexandr Dolgopolov: it was a good match against Tsonga

Alexandr Dolgopolov has recently entered TOP-50 of ATP ranking. This time he was able to play not worse than one of the strongest players in the world. After the match against No. 10 seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Ukrainian Tennis Portal asked Alexandr to tell about his impressions after the battle.

- Alexandr, the match was unbelievably tough physically. You called for a trainer during the match. What was going on? How do you feel now?

- From the very beginning I had pains in my elbow. Thatís why I had problems with the serve. And in the 4th set, when I played well on Tsongaís serve, I pulled my hip muscle. I had pains after that and I couldnít move normally.

I had to finish points faster, played risky in the moments, where it was better to play rallies. At the moment I donít know if Iíll play the doubles match. If no, Iíll start my recovery before next tournaments.

- What did the doctor say you after he checked your injury?

- He told me that I simply pulled the muscle and that he couldnít help me somehow. He put the ice. After the doubles match Iíll have a more precise inspection.

- Letís go back to the match. To play the match against a top-player in five sets, having good chances for a win, means a lot for your personal progress. In the last couple of matches opponents were of a lower class, did you feel your limit today against Tsonga?

- At start I didnít do my best. My serve didnít work well. At the same time Tsonga served stably and confidently took games on his serve. Then I started to serve better and was good at the baseline. The game evened, but there were lots of ups and downs. But generally, the match was very good, I liked my level.

- Do you feel reserves for a progress? In what elements can you improve your game?

- Of course I have on what to work. For example I showed good tennis only in three of five sets. I need to work hard in order to improve my ranking and to polish my game.

- Did the situation around the court influence your game? You played on Court 2, the stands for almost 4 thousand spectators were almost full. Did you hear support of your team, your coach?

- I feel myself comfortably on big stadiums. It is always nice to play in front of a large crowd. So conditions were good. The coach supported me, but there were no advices, because I played according to the game plan and lost the points only with errors or when the opponent played with a winner.

- In the first two sets you didnít play worse and you lost your games only on little errors. What happened in those moments?

- Actually, Tsonga played unbelievably. When I didnít serve with the first serve, he attacked aggressively and my previous tactics didnít work well, he moved fast and played risky even after my slices. Then he was a bit tired and my tactics was more effective.

In the 5th set he didnít play so confidently. But in the first two sets he used my mistakes and made breaks. He is a TOP-10 player, so I expected for his level of play. Comparing to my previous opponents, he was faster and played more variably. Actually, he can play with a winner with his forehand to every spot of the court. But as I said, I had expected this game from him and tried to get used to his speed and pressure.

- He returned well with his forehand, but from the backhand he just tried to return the ball into the court. What was your tactics on the serve?

- He returns actively with the forehand, but makes more errors. From the backhand he just tries to hit into the court. If I felt myself ready to play the rally, I served to the backhand, and if I wanted to finish the point faster Ė I tried to serve fast to the forehand so that he risked and made errors.

- By the 5th set amount of mistakes increased dramatically. Both of you lost a couple of chances. Was it tiredness or you just lost concentration?

- It wasnít because of tiredness. I pulled the muscle and it stopped me of playing points better, I had to finish them faster and risked.

- What are your plans for the following 2-3 weeks? Are you going to change something in your plans after performance here and after the injury?

- No, everything will be as we have planed. Iíll have a recovery during a week, then preparation and then Iíll perform in Stuttgart.

- Thanks, Alexandr, good luck!

Source : http://www.sapronov-tennis.org/?p=pr...erview&id=1164
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #279
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga-Dolgopolov.Wimbledon.2010.2nd.incomplete (9 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #280
country flag khulood

khulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond repute

Dolgopolov and Stakhovsky are starting in Hamburg
Ukrainians Alexandr Dolgopolov and Sergiy Stakhovsky will take part in ATP tournament in Hamburg, Germany.

Dolgopolov is seeded 15th. He will start his performance from the second round. His opponent will be decided between Pablo Cuevas (Uruguay) and Florian Mayer (Germany).
Sergiy Stakhovsky will play his first round match against Argentinean Juan Ignacio Chela.

source: http://www.sapronov-tennis.org/?p=ne...page=1&id=8320

Delpo , Nando , Dolgo , Cilic ...

Andreev , Istomin , Berdych , Soderling , Simon , Fish , Gasquet , Tipsarevic , Kohlschreiber ..!
khulood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #281
country flag khulood

khulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond reputekhulood has a reputation beyond repute

Draw Singles

http://german-open-hamburg.de/filead...19_07_2010.pdf

Order of play

http://german-open-hamburg.de/filead...19_07_2010.pdf

Andreev , Istomin , Berdych , Soderling , Simon , Fish , Gasquet , Tipsarevic , Kohlschreiber ..!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #282
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Up to rank no. 39 this week
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #283
country flag khulood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hass300 View Post
Up to rank no. 39 this week

Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #284
country flag marquez
Banned!

marquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond repute

12.30h against flo mayer, should be a great match, shame there wont be a livestream
marquez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #285
country flag marquez
Banned!

marquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond repute

6-4 6-7(2) 3-6 against flo mayer

close match as expected
marquez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote