The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread! - Page 645 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #9661
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
BTW an all-time great leaves the WTA Tour I feel sad, but at the same time I'm happy for her because it's a new part of her life that will start, and I'm sure she's thrilled to be a mom I know you'll also miss her Lee
She'll be missed, that's for sure
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #9662
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW an all-time great leaves the WTA Tour I feel sad, but at the same time I'm happy for her because it's a new part of her life that will start, and I'm sure she's thrilled to be a mom I know you'll also miss her Lee

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #9663
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall_one View Post
Davenport, you haven't heard about it??

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #9664
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't hear about it so Davenport did stop playing?!

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #9665
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Davenport to retire after birth of first child

LONDON (Reuters) - Three-times grand slam tournament winner Lindsay Davenport has no plans to play tennis again after giving birth to her first child next year.

"I hate the word 'retirement' but this season was such a struggle physically for me and I can't imagine playing again," Davenport told ESPN.com (www.espn.com).

The 30-year-old American missed most of 2006 with back problems before reaching the quarter-finals at the U.S. Open.

In her career, she has won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and U.S. Open singles titles plus the 1996 Atlanta Olympics gold medal. Her 51 singles titles put her ninth on the all-time list.

Davenport began her professional career in 1993 and was one of the pioneers of the power game in women's tennis.

In the early stages, her strength was offset by a struggle with her weight but she devoted herself to fitness training and in 1998 won the first of her three majors by defeating top seed Martina Hingis 6-3 7-5 in the U.S. Open.

She beat Steffi Graf in the 1999 Wimbledon final and captured the Australian Open title in the following year.

Davenport struggled with injuries in 2002 but came back to win 13 tournaments in 2004 and 2005. Her loss to Venus Williams in last year's Wimbledon final was the longest championship match in the tournament's history.

"I can't say there's any sadness, yet, about missing tennis. My life is with my husband and my future child," Davenport said.

"I feel like the second part of my life is about to begin, and I feel so lucky that if everything goes well, I'm able to go out like this. The timing couldn't be better."

U.S. Fed Cup captain Zina Garrison said: "I'm excited for her. She's very family oriented, has a great, close-knit family. I don't think she would have any regrets. She can walk away knowing she gave her all."

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #9666
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Ah thanks for the article I wish her good luck in her "2nd part of life". I always think it's strange not to hear such famous names in tennis anymore...

Hopp Suisse!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #9667
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Ah thanks for the article I wish her good luck in her "2nd part of life". I always think it's strange not to hear such famous names in tennis anymore...
I agree
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #9668
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am both happy and sad. She will be very missed. But being a mother is soooooooo great.

She will be a great mom just like she's a great tennis player.

Can't wait for May to come!!!!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #9669
country flag Billabong

I feel the same as you Like Yvo said, it will be very strange for me to not have Agassi, Clijsters and Davenport around, they've always been there in the tennis scene for me...

Old 12-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #9670
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Quote:
I feel the same as you Like Yvo said, it will be very strange for me to not have Agassi, Clijsters and Davenport around, they've always been there in the tennis scene for me...
it will be strange that there will once be a moment that there's no player around anymore, who you know since you started watching tennis. But well it's logical it happens, can't expect the players to stay around till they die
Luckily there always come new nice players, so the tennissport stays interesting.

Hopp Suisse!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #9671
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

I can't sleep atm, so I thought I better log in to post a bit. But I can notice that I hardly ever log in at this time of the day, as none of my chatfriends are online

Hopp Suisse!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #9672
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Davenport, you haven't heard about it??
*lives under a rock*

experience DENIAL

Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #9673
country flag Billabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall_one View Post
*lives under a rock*

I'm currently almost under a rock, SO many exams (everyday until December 20th, when the vacations will finally start)

Old 12-15-2006, 04:16 AM   #9674
tall_one

good luck with exams Seb

experience DENIAL

Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #9675
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Good luck with exams Seb

Hopp Suisse!