The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread! - Page 493 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2005, 06:04 PM   #7381
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Guga's Lazy Beach Bums" Chat Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall_one
okay i'm done ranting, i don't know why we are arguing about this again but i hope you realize this is nothing personal Lee
Nicki, I'm not trying to argue with you. May be this conversation will help both of us understanding more.

I had similar experience as you although I was an adult at that time and it's to a lesser degree. I was asked to put my hand on my heart during the US national anthem in a TKD tournament. Canadians don't have this 'tradition' and I'm still a Canadian. I didn't feel comfortable at all. My son has to pledge his allegiance to US everyday in school when he's not even a US citizen. I understand I have the choice to not living in US but the reality is, this is where we are living, NOW. Even I put my son in a private school, he'll still pleging his allegiance to US. I can demand my son not doing this. There may be a battle with school, I don't know. But I choose not to because I don't want him, who's already struggling with the social side of learning, to have more burden.

I am really sorry that the people around you didn't respect your choice. When I moved to US, I was quite shocked by some very devoted Catholics here because what many did was a mockery to their religion. IMO, they don't really represent what Christianity is but they are like family members, you can't cut them off because they are black sheep.

I would be very sad for human beings if children are not told about Mother Teresa, her work and her devotion to help people, only because she's a Catholic nun.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #7382
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee some news for you: Rainer´s coach Dirk Hordoff has announced he wants to stand for election for president of German tennis federation in November. Many people were surprised, because the current president wants to be reelected and for a long time it appeared he would be the only candidate.
I would be happy should Hordoff be elected, because the current president has not done much for tennis - and Hordoff is very respected by many people involved in tennis here. But I don´t know what his election would mean for his job as Rainer´s coach
Old 10-20-2005, 06:48 PM   #7383
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the news Claudia. I would be happy that Hordoff be elected too. I wouldn't mind he's no longer Rainer's coach as there's basically nothing he can do for Rainer. IMO, there's only emotional attachment, just like Guga and Larri. It may be tough that Hordoff can't be always behind Rainer but he's not travelling that much with him anyway and Rainer is not the only player he coaches.

What Rainer needs are confidence and a personal assistant to manage the mundane details on the tour. Alfonso may be interested in the task?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #7384
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

I´m sure alfonso would be interested
But where to get the confidence from? No idea what anybody can do for Rainer at the moment
Old 10-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #7385
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst
But where to get the confidence from? No idea what anybody can do for Rainer at the moment
Rainer has to dig very deep himself.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #7386
country flag amethyst

I hope Rainer finds something while digging
Anyway this is not a nice time to be a tennis fan! Almost all players I like are either
a) injured
b) have no confidence
c) can´t manage to win the important matches
d) all of the above
e) suspended because of doping

Old 10-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #7387
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

add this

f) they are playing in challengers

I'm spending more time on challengers thread than ATP tournaments thread these days.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:47 PM   #7388
country flag amethyst

Lee We have to wait for better days to come!
The bad thing about challengers is there´s even less coverage (no coverage exactly) than from ATP tour. Still only WTA matches for me. This week they showed Ivanovic-Golovin from Zurich This one could make even a die-hard-fan turn away from tennis. The reporter was obviously in despair. And guess what? They showed a replay the next day!

Last edited by amethyst : 10-20-2005 at 08:50 PM.
amethyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:14 AM   #7389
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lee We have to wait for better days to come!
The bad thing about challengers is there´s even less coverage (no coverage exactly) than from ATP tour. Still only WTA matches for me. This week they showed Ivanovic-Golovin from Zurich This one could make even a die-hard-fan turn away from tennis. The reporter was obviously in despair. And guess what? They showed a replay the next day!
what was that bad about that match?

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:15 AM   #7390
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I extremely enjoy my job right now, I have so much fun being the cashier! Credit card or interac anyone? I'm always looking forward to working and the girls who work with me are soooo hot, what can I do? Could the girl of my life be working with me right now???

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 10-21-2005, 12:56 PM   #7391
country flag amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong
what was that bad about that match?
I only watched half an hour. It was full of awful errors. And every time one player was leading, she reacted by making even more awful errors and double faults and choking all good opportunities away.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #7392
country flag amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong
I have to say I extremely enjoy my job right now, I have so much fun being the cashier! Credit card or interac anyone? I'm always looking forward to working and the girls who work with me are soooo hot, what can I do? Could the girl of my life be working with me right now???
I can imagine you´re having fun being the cashier Just be careful you don´t mess it up while keeping your eyes on all the hot girls
Old 10-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #7393
country flag Billabong

Quote:
I only watched half an hour. It was full of awful errors. And every time one player was leading, she reacted by making even more awful errors and double faults and choking all good opportunities away.
lol and they're supposed to be really good players!

Old 10-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #7394
country flag Billabong

Quote:
I can imagine you´re having fun being the cashier Just be careful you don´t mess it up while keeping your eyes on all the hot girls
But they're all around me, everywhere in the store (BTW the name of the store is Simons, very popular everywhere in Quebec)

Old 10-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #7395
country flag Billabong

what about the Myskina-Dementieva match I'm soo happy Nastya won thi8s one!