(Ranking Watch) Bouncing around - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #16
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik
you think that there is a way out?
she is the founder of the IOM...it's normal she would think that

although I am a faithfull folower of the IOM, I know I am cursed/blessed to be a safinholic for life

Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #17
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis
I couldn't find a ranking watch thread in the last few pages (guess even we're not that masochistic), so I decided to start a ranking "peek and look away, check back later" thread.

As of Monday, August 21, Marat is ranked 104 (probably his temperature in degrees Fahrenheit when playing Whitehouse ). He has no points to defend until late February, and so from here on out it should--should--only get better. In theory, we should have only good news to report here for the foreseeable future.

Next stop, top 100!
We've kinda not needed a thread like this ... so far. Now we've arrived there.
Btw JCF was never out of top 100, his lowest was like 98.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #18
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV
Btw JCF was never out of top 100, his lowest was like 98.
Well you know how men always like to outdo the others, I'm sure it's just so that Marat can later say that he came from outside the top 100 to the no 1 spot.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #19
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
never thought arithmetic could be such a fascinating thing

why don't they print mathematics school books with ATP ranking issues exposed to the pupils? You know, something like Marat Safin wins the USO, Roger Federer withdraws before the first round, what will their post-USO rankings be?
It's much more interesting than the train A leaving Boringland at 2:30 pm at the speed of X km/hr and the train B leaving Stupidland at 3pm at the speed of Y km/hr, and who the hell cares about when and where they'll meet anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle
Well you know how men always like to outdo the others, I'm sure it's just so that Marat can later say that he came from outside the top 100 to the no 1 spot.

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #20
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
I am totally safe now... it puts my mind at rest to know that there is a person to take over my crown of the IOM when I retire
Oh, come on Annie, there's no way you will retire! I'm proud to be your right hand! I've learnt from the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #21
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita

why don't they print mathematics school books with ATP ranking issues exposed to the pupils? You know, something like Marat Safin wins the USO, Roger Federer withdraws before the first round, what will their post-USO rankings be?
It's much more interesting than the train A leaving Boringland at 2:30 pm at the speed of X km/hr and the train B leaving Stupidland at 3pm at the speed of Y km/hr, and who the hell cares about when and where they'll meet anyway?
I was thinking that the other day, only about physics! Olivier Rochus lobs Ivo Karlovic with speed of X and angle of Y from a height of Z above the ground, if Karlovic has reach A, will he be able to deliver a smash or will he be forced to resort to a tweener from the baseline?

We got "X kicks a football; where does it land?" questions of this sort in my classes, but tennis would be so much more fun!

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #22
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG that would be so

Quote:
Ugh.. I hated these kind of questions.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #23
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was thinking that the other day, only about physics! Olivier Rochus lobs Ivo Karlovic with speed of X and angle of Y from a height of Z above the ground, if Karlovic has reach A, will he be able to deliver a smash or will he be forced to resort to a tweener from the baseline?
priceless

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #24
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We got "X kicks a football; where does it land?" questions of this sort in my classes, but tennis would be so much more fun!

karlovic will send it into the net because oli rocks!!!!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #25
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin

AIR!!!!! I need AIR!!!!!!! You guys are killing me, you are priceless!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #27
country flag suertelina

suertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's the right answer, I didn't know you are good in mathematics

"I won't trade my party life on an useless halo and some shitty wings"

"I'm sure if I were a girl, Safin is the best looking guy on the circuitand has a bit of personality. But then I probably wouldn't want to be his girlfriend because I know what he's like!" {Andy Murray}

Juan Carlos David F. - Fernando V. - Max Mirnyi - O Rochus
suertelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #28
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

of course! I have a 4 page proof here if you want to see it!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #29
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suertelina
I think it's the right answer, I didn't know you are good in mathematics
Our very own Einstein.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #30
country flag suertelina

suertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
of course! I have a 4 page proof here if you want to see it!
I would like

"I won't trade my party life on an useless halo and some shitty wings"

"I'm sure if I were a girl, Safin is the best looking guy on the circuitand has a bit of personality. But then I probably wouldn't want to be his girlfriend because I know what he's like!" {Andy Murray}

Juan Carlos David F. - Fernando V. - Max Mirnyi - O Rochus
suertelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote