(Ranking Watch) Bouncing around - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute
Default (Ranking Watch) Bouncing around

I couldn't find a ranking watch thread in the last few pages (guess even we're not that masochistic), so I decided to start a ranking "peek and look away, check back later" thread.

As of Monday, August 21, Marat is ranked 104 (probably his temperature in degrees Fahrenheit when playing Whitehouse ). He has no points to defend until late February, and so from here on out it should--should--only get better. In theory, we should have only good news to report here for the foreseeable future.

Next stop, top 100!

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.

Last edited by atheneglaukopis : 10-15-2006 at 09:43 PM.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Thread

It's almost weird that he's still 104 with no points to defend for the next 5 months. I mean, it's not like he has done much this year.
(yes, that was optimism)

The only way is UP, Marat!!
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Thread

Nothing to lose babaaaaaaaaaay Back we go into top 100
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

ok....reading the first post really depressed me...but then I realised you guys are right: HE HAS NOTHING TO LOSE FROM NOW ON!!!!! So, come on baby!!!! Give'em hell!!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Hey.....Top 100, Top 50, Top 10! Baby steps! Let's go Marat!

Hey, where would Marat get if he won the US Open? Whaaaaaat? I'm vice-president of the IOM, remember????

*goes to check about the points Marat would win*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

I checked! And if he wins the US Open, he'd get 1000 points, adding to the 400 he already has, he'd have a total of 1400. That means Top 20, about place number 18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
country flag carroll

carroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond repute

OMG it would be so great... You know it's cruel to make me hope like that !

When you win, when you lose, when you smile or when you're mad : Marat you're still the best to watch.

"Just give yourself the opportunity, give yourself the chance. You have to
be happy with what you have achieved and don't take any notice if somebody
tells you that you should have achieved much more. You have achieved what
you have achieved. Nobody can take that away and you have a clear
conscience." Marat
carroll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #8
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea
I checked! And if he wins the US Open, he'd get 1000 points, adding to the 400 he already has, he'd have a total of 1400. That means Top 20, about place number 18!
rotflmao!
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #9
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we are high today
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #10
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

never thought arithmetic could be such a fascinating thing
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #11

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle
It's almost weird that he's still 104 with no points to defend for the next 5 months. I mean, it's not like he has done much this year.
(yes, that was optimism)

The only way is UP, Marat!!
I know! His race position is 64.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #12
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am totally safe now... it puts my mind at rest to know that there is a person to take over my crown of the IOM when I retire
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #13
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
I am totally safe now... it puts my mind at rest to know that there is a person to take over my crown of the IOM when I retire
you think that there is a way out?
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
honey!!!! I told you to lay off the sangria!!!!! or better yet, hand it over aaaaaaa yes....I see your point....mmmm....Marat can easily do this!!!! I have total faith in him!!!! He has the power to do it!!!! IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!!!!!
After USO is over, I will have a tiny confetion to make ...I don't wanna jinx it by saying it now...
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik
you think that there is a way out?
You took the words right out of my mouth.