Michael Russell - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #106
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Russell

Get off the bandwagon please.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 07:33 AM   #107
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

ok just because I dont post all the time in players forums means I cant be a fan of them? alright buddy.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #108
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

That was an easy catch, didn't even need to use good bait.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #109
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon man, you can do it

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #110
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Well this should be an interesting match. If ever there was a time for MR to do his thing it is now! So good playing
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #111
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/bm/sport/612420.html

Mighty Mouse will test Lleyton

DON’T be fooled by the fact Lleyton Hewitt has drawn a qualifier in his opening round of the Australian Open tomorrow.

US’s Michael Russell, who goes by the moniker of Mighty Mouse, is no one’s idea of an easybeat.

While an underdone Hewitt goes into his home grand slam battling a calf injury and adjusting to life with a new coach, his opponent is flying.

After finally overcoming a string of knee and hamstring injuries that kept him off the tour for the best part of four years, the American is back on the cusp of the top 100.

He won his past two Challenger tournaments in Hawaii and Noumea, dropping just 10 games in five matches in the latter event in early January.

Russell, 28, breezed through the Australian Open qualifiers, belting another South Australian Paul Baccanello 6-2 6-1 in the final round.

Back in 2001, Russell advanced from qualifying to the fourth round of the French Open, beating two-time former champion Sergi Bruguera and Xavier Malisse along the way.

Awaiting him in the round of 16 was claycourt king Gustavo Kuerten, a Brazilian by birth but a player so adored by the French fans he once drew a heart with his racquet on Roland Garros’ centre court.

Russell eventually went down in five sets, but not before holding match point against the man who would go on to win his third French Open title.

“You’re so close to beating the No.1 player in the world on the biggest stage and at the same time you don’t and you lose,” Russell said yesterday.

“I took a lot of positives out of it but obviously there were a couple of negatives.”

Russell has played Hewitt once before and was on the end of a 6-1 6-1 drubbing in Tokyo in 2001 when the Australian was the world No.1.

This time he has form and match fitness on his side.

“I’m playing really well but obviously Lleyton is a great competitor and he doesn’t give you anything,” Russell said.

“I consider myself a great competitor too so I think there will be a lot of great rallies.

“I’m good at mixing the pace, I play a bit like a Spanish-type player.

“I’m very quick around the court, my fitness is really good and I know it’s supposed to be pretty hot on Tuesday.”

Russell is also hopeful he can take advantage of Hewitt’s abbreviated build up, with the No.19 seed only playing one-and-a-half matches since September.

“His preparation maybe wasn’t the best for this tournament,” Russell said.

“But the thing is he’s a great competitor.

“He’s been No.1 in the world and he’s a professional, so I’m sure he’s going to be playing at his best or at least trying to on Tuesday.”

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #112
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

5 sets and Well he tried.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #113
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

Good on Michael for qualifying

I didn't see the match against Lleyton last night, but o gosh, five sets. I really thought he had a great show of beating Lleyton. Too bad. Must have been pretty fun to watch. Mike
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #114
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

It was an excellent performance from Mike and there is a lot to build on from there.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #115
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

Mike beat Nick Monroe 6-3 6-4 in the first round of a challenger in Hawaii, a decent result here would take him into the top 100.

Last edited by Grinder : 01-24-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Grinder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #116
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 AM   #117
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Mike beat Nick Monroe 6-3 6-4 in the first round of a challenger in Hawaii, a decent result here would take him into the top 100.
He certainly deserves to be there so hopefully it happens soon.

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 AM   #118
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

If he does well here, it looks like he will miss Delray Beach, though this might not be a bad thing.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-26-2007, 05:21 AM   #119
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Mike defeated the Beach Bum Brian Wilson 6-1 6-3 and he won't be having good vibrations about this match.

Mike plays Mr. Moscow Kunitsyn in the quarter finals.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #120
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Mike defeated Mr Moscow Kunitsyn 6:4 6:3 and now plays Lu or Ram in the semis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1