Can we have the v-betting changed back to it's former layout? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Can we have the v-betting changed back to it's former layout?

I really don't like the new layout for v-betting where you have to go to the actual tournament thread to put a bet on. It was so much easier before when you just clicked on a v-cash link or the VirtualBetting link and it took you to all the open matches

This new format is so much slower There are a few others that I know of that have shown displeasure for it too so please consider changing it back!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
country flag NATAS81

NATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we have the v-betting changed back to it's former layout?

Yeah, this new format sucks. I gotta click 50 links to place one bet.
NATAS81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I completely agree.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

what? new layout?
Old 08-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yeah....BOOOOO!
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100%. I haven't even bothered placing bets recently because I can't be bothered to click through a ton of screens just to find the couple of matches that I want to bet on.

It was much more user friendly and easier to just click on the v-betting link and all of the available matches to bet on were laid out right there on one page.

Why did you have to mess with something that wasn't broke to begin with?
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:52 AM   #7
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

let´s see if they are gonna listen to you? can we set a bet on this?
zethand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:06 AM   #8
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethand
let´s see if they are gonna listen to you? can we set a bet on this?
Well if we could I wouldn't be able to find the page where the bet could be placed anyway
Old 08-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
I agree 100%. I haven't even bothered placing bets recently because I can't be bothered to click through a ton of screens just to find the couple of matches that I want to bet on.

It was much more user friendly and easier to just click on the v-betting link and all of the available matches to bet on were laid out right there on one page.

Why did you have to mess with something that wasn't broke to begin with?
It was broke because it was causing the site to crash during busy times.

It's still fairly easy to find your bet. Just use your browser "find" tool to jump immediately to the thread(s) you need each day. In firefox, you can keep the find box open until you're finished.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

I also prefer the old layout

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:57 AM   #11
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind the newer vbetting format but I definitely prefer the former one. I went about a month without vbetting because I had no clue the newer way was in place. I just thought vbetting was down. MTF you owe me money!!!

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
country flag Tommy_Babyboy

Tommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Babyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I will be glad to have any layout of vbetting just TO HAVE IT!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

WHATEVER HAPPENS
WE LOVE YOU, TOMMY!
Tommy_Babyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #13
country flag wtn_amanda

wtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond reputewtn_amanda has a reputation beyond repute

Due to time constraints, I will no longer be able to run the Virtual Betting game with immediate effect. If somebody else, or a team of individuals is interested in carrying on the game, it may be possible to resurrect virtual betting.

You will need to understand fractional odds to post markets.
You will need to source odds from betting sides to keep the game realistic.
And you will need time and plenty of enthusiasm to keep up with the rash of events.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks.
wtn_amanda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

That's fair enough. You did a good job.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Last edited by Bolar Bolabi : 08-25-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #15
bad gambler

Best if we can get people from different timezones as well to cater for everyone here for those interested in running v-betting
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote