Do you Believe in God and in Heaven? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #31
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Believe in God and in Heaven?

I believe in God, not sure about Heaven/Hell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #32
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza
i belive and 100% know there is an afterlife
Do you have the proof?

I 100% believe there is no God or afterlife, but I do not have the proof, therefore I am not foolish enough to say I know it.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:29 AM   #33
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniey2g
I believe in both; not just because I'm a Christian, but there is too much evidence/signs of the times not to.
Typical Christian nonsense talk, trying to see a God, even in the midst of barbarism. The logical conclusion to draw from the signs of the times is that there is no God, just a devil or nothing.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 AM   #34
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by zine56
...i believe wars are caused by people and the fanatics ... not by Religions ... like Sparko said "Human nature corrupts the true message of most religions"...
I think you are missing the whole point. Yes, wars are caused by people and fanatics. So are religions.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:48 AM   #35
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

religion is the source of good and evil in people. But we only hear about the evil because it is more newsworthy and shocking. Being generous and kind is not surprising, but being evil is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
Yes, I do believe in God and in a Heaven. And I am not ignorant and backwards. I have two degrees, one in botony (yes, I also beleive in evolution). I do not agrue that religion has been and is the cause of so much evil and suffering in the world. Human nature corrupts the true message of most religions but that does not mean God does not exisist. Religion has also been the source of much that is good in our world also... (one example that comes to mind is the abolitionist movement in the 1800's and the Civil Rights movement with MLKing-who was inspired by Ghandi-both had roots in organized religion)

I am not a theologan so I would be out of my league arguing the finer points as to whether a God exists or not, but what I do know is that I feel him in my heart. And I know that sounds stupid to someone who has not experieced it but that is the best answer I can give.
World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #36
country flag Radek Stepanek

Radek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond repute

I am my own God. Or Godess. I worship myself. I focus on making things happen for myself, instead of looking to god to make it happen. Pray to God to make you a better tennis player, it won't work. Practice everyday, it may work.

Ljubicic - Ancic - Mirnyi - Hrbaty - Berdych - Hajek - Hernych - Novak - Lendl -Rochus - Davydenko

Supporting all the CZECHS!
Radek Stepanek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #37
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

I look at it like this: Take paper for example. Most would agree that paper did not just appear; it was man made from other things. If I were to tell you, "The bit of paper in my hand came into exsistence just like that," none of you would believe it. If you aren't able to accept something as small and simple as paper to have been in exsistence since the beginning without it being created from other things, how can you be ready to accept something of such a grand design (the universe, for you idiots out there) was not created by something else?

That's just how I see it.
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #38
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

We'll all find out for sure when we die.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:55 AM   #39
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

I want to believe in both
I want to meet again my dad and my grandma but not too soon, huh?

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:21 AM   #40
country flag uglyamerican

uglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life
I do not believe there is a God or an after life. I don't see any good reason to believe it

If there is a God then he must have a rather twisted sense of humour with all the suffering in the world.
There are reasons, but earlier posters are right...there is no logical way to decide where you stand on these issues.

Someone famous wrote, "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain; it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
Old 08-21-2006, 02:29 AM   #41

uglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
I find it easier to believe in Jesus than God. I don't know what to think regarding heaven... that part disinterests me somewhat. If we die and rot, then that's fine by me...it's the easiest theory to believe (it's proven, anyway).

The way I look at religion (which I loathe) is as more of a spiritual thing rather than an organised set of rules you need to follow or practice. I'm more interested in trying to lead a decent life and 'Do Unto Others' etc.

I suppose that what I have is 'hope' that there's something out there. I call myself agnostic, because I don't know what to believe, but I do hope there's something more. I couldn't disbelieve in God because of the 'The world's f*cked up, what kind of asshole God would do that?' idea. I'm quite sure we've done that to ourselves.
Interesting thoughts. I like that you're not too focused on the after-life. Too many believers focus on the after-life, instead of making this life better.

I'm not a huge defender of organized religion. Or one uniform morality. I think that God sometimes wants us to do things that might not fit a strict moral code.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:32 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek Stepanek
I am my own God. Or Godess. I worship myself. I focus on making things happen for myself, instead of looking to god to make it happen. Pray to God to make you a better tennis player, it won't work. Practice everyday, it may work.
I think many people follow this way of life but are not bold enough to admit it.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #43
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi
Not really. We can only find out if heaven exists, not if it dosent. (If we are really dead, there is nothing to find out)
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:45 AM   #44

One more thought...

Science is also a religion. Much of scientific thought cannot be proved (or in other cases understood by most), yet people believe in it. There are many things in life that we have to have belief in, because there is no proof. Or we don't understand the proof.

Thanks to everyone who has posted, and for limiting the name-calling and petty insults. I think the world can benefit, right now, from people sharing their beliefs in a non-aggressive way.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #45
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi