Do you Believe in God and in Heaven? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #16
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Believe in God and in Heaven?

No and no. I don't believe in God and guille&tati4life voiced my feelings exaclty on that. And as for the existance of an afterlife, in my opinion "heaven" and "hell" are a state of mind here on earth.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #17
country flag ChloeLove

Location: I live in Canada now, but I am from Newcastle, England.
ChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, I would consider myself to be agnostic. I don't completely disbelieve that there is any god, or heaven, but up to now nothing has led me to believe there is. So no, and no.

eternally rooting for:

HAAS | FEDERER | SANTORO | HEWITT | RODDICK | SAFIN

enjoying:

TURSUNOV | AGASSI | ROBREDO | MONFILS | BLAKE
ChloeLove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #18
country flag Geniey2g

Geniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond reputeGeniey2g has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in both; not just because I'm a Christian, but there is too much evidence/signs of the times not to.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #19
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

The evidence, is very much doubtful, as some of you may see if you take the time and read my previous post, (i know, i know it quite long). Of course, to those that believe no evidence is necessary, and mind you so called "miracles" are mere results of probability. Miracles, by definiton, are impossible, there are only things we do not yet know.

Of course, we may never learn everything there is to learn (i believe that is quite doubtful), but to use God as an explanation to things we dont know, does not explain anything.
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #20
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

No to both

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #21
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I find it easier to believe in Jesus than God. I don't know what to think regarding heaven... that part disinterests me somewhat. If we die and rot, then that's fine by me...it's the easiest theory to believe (it's proven, anyway).

The way I look at religion (which I loathe) is as more of a spiritual thing rather than an organised set of rules you need to follow or practice. I'm more interested in trying to lead a decent life and 'Do Unto Others' etc.

I suppose that what I have is 'hope' that there's something out there. I call myself agnostic, because I don't know what to believe, but I do hope there's something more. I couldn't disbelieve in God because of the 'The world's f*cked up, what kind of asshole God would do that?' idea. I'm quite sure we've done that to ourselves.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #22
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
I find it easier to believe in Jesus than God. I don't know what to think regarding heaven... that part disinterests me somewhat. If we die and rot, then that's fine by me...it's the easiest theory to believe (it's proven, anyway).

The way I look at religion (which I loathe) is as more of a spiritual thing rather than an organised set of rules you need to follow or practice. I'm more interested in trying to lead a decent life and 'Do Unto Others' etc.

I suppose that what I have is 'hope' that there's something out there. I call myself agnostic, because I don't know what to believe, but I do hope there's something more. I couldn't disbelieve in God because of the 'The world's f*cked up, what kind of asshole God would do that?' idea. I'm quite sure we've done that to ourselves.
Yeah I have people who believe in spirituality but not necesarily a God. And that's good, I can agree with that, making yourself want to be a better person. Of course you don't have to be spiritual to be a better person but for some people work, without the need of having a higher power up there and 'control's' us, which is what I don't believe in.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #23
cartmancop

cartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond reputecartmancop has a reputation beyond repute

yes & yes
cartmancop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #24
country flag zine56

zine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond reputezine56 has a reputation beyond repute

...i believe wars are caused by people and the fanatics ... not by Religions ... like Sparko said "Human nature corrupts the true message of most religions"...

..and you're right LaFuria, there's no logical reason of why a person believes in something he can't see... i'm an Engineer so i consider myself a very logical person....but i believe in it, it's something you feel ... not something u can rationalize, because there's no evidence of that

..and no i don't believe in the christian's "heaven"... i think this existence is our "Kingdom of God" like Jesus used to call it...but it is up to us...

..oh btw i recommend the Book from J.J. Benitez "Caballo de Troya" (Troyan Horse)... it has lots of critics against the christians, the religion (which i personally dislike)... but in the end it talks about of the personal relation with this "superior entity"... away from all the corrupt religions which are biased interpretations of spirituality

hey laFuria u're from Spain right? u know this guy !

Last edited by zine56 : 08-19-2006 at 08:06 PM.
zine56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #25
country flag Washa Koroleva

Washa Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe in anyone or anything I haven't had anything to do with that I saw or felt. And Carito is right.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
- Mark Twain
Washa Koroleva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #26
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all, I do not believe anything regarding any thing to do with heaven, god etc. Not religious one bit; 100% athiest.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #27
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washa Koroleva
I don't believe in anyone or anything I haven't had anything to do with that I saw or felt. And Carito is right.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #28
country flag fadou

fadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zine56
...i believe wars are caused by people and the fanatics ... not by Religions ... like Sparko said "Human nature corrupts the true message of most religions"
i agree with you on this point

yes, me i believe in god and the life after death

AIMER, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction: Antoine Saint-Exupéry
fadou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #29
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, why not?
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:58 AM   #30
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

i belive and 100% know there is an afterlife