Do you Believe in God and in Heaven? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you Believe in God and in Heaven?

I was watching The Jay Leno show the other night, and he brought in some famous female new reporter (I forget her name to be quite honest), who said that she was doing a report on asking famous people (politicians, actors, etc) if they believed in Heaven. She also said one stat that quite simply baffled me: "90% of Americans believe in God" and the majority of them believed in an after life. To me, its imply amazing that in the 21'st century people continue to be religous.

Religion is one of the Biggest causes of war,hatred and segregation. I am not only talking about the middle east, I am also talking about events in history,etc.

I do not believe that God exists, because of obvious reasons such as: the problem of evil, biblical paradoxes, etc.

With that, I also state that I do not believe in Heaven, nor any form of after life.

Opinions?
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 11:56 PM   #2
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Believe in God and in Heaven?

Yes and yes

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I do believe in God and in a Heaven. And I am not ignorant and backwards. I have two degrees, one in botony (yes, I also beleive in evolution). I do not agrue that religion has been and is the cause of so much evil and suffering in the world. Human nature corrupts the true message of most religions but that does not mean God does not exisist. Religion has also been the source of much that is good in our world also... (one example that comes to mind is the abolitionist movement in the 1800's and the Civil Rights movement with MLKing-who was inspired by Ghandi-both had roots in organized religion)

I am not a theologan so I would be out of my league arguing the finer points as to whether a God exists or not, but what I do know is that I feel him in my heart. And I know that sounds stupid to someone who has not experieced it but that is the best answer I can give.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030

I am not a theologan so I would be out of my league arguing the finer points as to whether a God exists or not, but what I do know is that I feel him in my heart. And I know that sounds stupid to someone who has not experieced it but that is the best answer I can give.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:25 AM   #5
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Pfloyd : 08-18-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
country flag musefanatic

Location: In Monaco harbour waiting for next week's GP with a drunken Kimi
musefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think about it all, it's not something I've ever really thought long and hard about. I tried to read the bible once, got bored, too long. I think i'm an agnostic, if there's proof there's a god i'll jump on the bandwagon but if there isn't i'll stay as i am, not a very moral theory i know but that's how i am.

15 wins- 14 poles- 456 points

Murray HenmanNieminen Ferrero Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
oh then i come to share the bed
musefanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:37 AM   #7
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice Lafuria except that you focus exclusively on Christianity. So I assume that Nirvana and all is also bogus to you. I am agnostic but I am just asking?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #8
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have time to read the post of your paper right now Lafuria-I will do so later-but I do have one point to make:

(Speaking of the Christian faith) There is no proof of God, nor that Jeasus is the son God-beleif is an act of faith, and faith is the crux of Christianity(by faith and faith alone one is saved) Were there proof, it would no longer be a matter of faith, but of learning one more fact. Not all things in the world add up nice and tidy. For me there are unanswered questions (why so much suffering?) but I can deal with that amgibuity because of my faith....

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:49 AM   #9
country flag Pfloyd

No, I dont believe in that either. And yes, I only focus, on chrisitianity, it would would take too much time to look into all the other religions, plus religions share many simialar aspects, once you read my post you'll see.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 AM   #10
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria
I was watching The Jay Leno show the other night, and he brought in some famous female new reporter (I forget her name to be quite honest), who said that she was doing a report on asking famous people (politicians, actors, etc) if they believed in Heaven. She also said one stat that quite simply baffled me: "90% of Americans believe in God" and the majority of them believed in an after life. To me, its imply amazing that in the 21'st century people continue to be religous.

Religion is one of the Biggest causes of war,hatred and segregation. I am not only talking about the middle east, I am also talking about events in history,etc.

I do not believe that God exists, because of obvious reasons such as: the problem of evil, biblical paradoxes, etc.

With that, I also state that I do not believe in Heaven, nor any form of after life.

Opinions?
Absolutely agree on you. I don't think I coud add anything else.

Though I'm not sure about after life yet.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 AM   #11
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
Absolutely agree on you. I don't think I coud add anything else.

Though I'm not sure about after life yet.
Your two sentences here contradict each other. If you agreed on everything Lafuria said your last sentence would not be there.
You are not an athiest like Lafuria, you are agnostic like me. It is difficult for many to believe that there is no life after death.

Last edited by Jim Jones : 08-17-2006 at 01:25 AM.
Jim Jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 AM   #12
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

God yes, Heaven no.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:35 AM   #13
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Your two sentences here contradict each other. If you agreed on everything Lafuria said your last sentence would not be there.
You are not an athiest like Lafuria, you are agnostic like me. It is difficult for many to believe that there is no life after death.
Well, I do agree on everything she said but the after life part, not that I disagree, but I am not sure yet, that's what I meant.

I simply can't make up my mind about it, because... I mean, imagine this, 60.000 years ago there was not even a million habitants in the world. 20.000 years ago there could've been a million or a bit more. And now we have like, 6 billion people in the world. If we all have our own soul, that are supposed to be unique, and acording to reencarnation the soul never dies... I mean, where do we get the souls from so 6 billion people can have a unique one if we only had a million souls 20.000 years ago? Are we just part of those initial souls? Or it is just a fake?

Yet I can't think there's no life after death. I don't know. I can't make up my mind about it so that's why I said I wasn't sure.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:22 PM   #14
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe there is a God or an after life. I don't see any good reason to believe it

If there is a God then he must have a rather twisted sense of humour with all the suffering in the world.

Last edited by guille&tati4life : 08-17-2006 at 03:24 PM.
guille&tati4life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe in God (there is not a shred of scientific evidence, only man´s imagination), but in my time zone, having a morning cappuccino in bed after sex, while watching Federer v Nadal in Paris was pure heaven.