Fan Experiences - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fan Experiences

Have anyone here met Richard before and can you please share your experience? I don't think they have this section at richardgasquet.net.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
country flag simpletennis

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fan Experiences

i hope to meet him at the USO

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
simpletennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
country flag mistry

mistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond repute

i hope you meet him too LC
mistry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

I actually met him this past week in Toronto on the day of the final and he was a total sweetheart. My friend and I were sitting in this Corona tent / "restaurant" thing and I noticed him walking by to go to a practice court. When he was passing in front of us was when I realized for sure that it was him and my eyes went and I tapped Aundra's arm and was like "Aundra............." and he was looking right at me as I did this and smiled and turned and said something to Eric. I thought for a second that he probably thought I was an idiot but Aundra and I left our stuff there and started moving out to try and meet him. The bad thing was that we had to walk around the whole tent to get to where he was so at the rate he was walking we knew he'd be gone. Much to our surprise when we got there he was still there walking very slowly. Eric had already gone onto the practice court. (I'm assuming he told Eric to go on ahead cuz he realized we were gonna be coming out to see him) I got up to him and said hello and asked him if we could get pictures and he said yes. And then I asked him if we could each get an individual picture and he said yes. So both of us got a picture with him and then I wished him luck in the final and he thanked us. And that was that. People started noticing him after we got our pictures so I think he took pictures with like two other people after us. But no one had even noticed him till we stopped him, which blew my mind. He was adorably sweet though. I hope everyone who is a fan of his gets the chance to meet him.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:23 AM   #5
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleternity
I actually met him this past week in Toronto on the day of the final and he was a total sweetheart. My friend and I were sitting in this Corona tent / "restaurant" thing and I noticed him walking by to go to a practice court. When he was passing in front of us was when I realized for sure that it was him and my eyes went and I tapped Aundra's arm and was like "Aundra............." and he was looking right at me as I did this and smiled and turned and said something to Eric. I thought for a second that he probably thought I was an idiot but Aundra and I left our stuff there and started moving out to try and meet him. The bad thing was that we had to walk around the whole tent to get to where he was so at the rate he was walking we knew he'd be gone. Much to our surprise when we got there he was still there walking very slowly. Eric had already gone onto the practice court. (I'm assuming he told Eric to go on ahead cuz he realized we were gonna be coming out to see him) I got up to him and said hello and asked him if we could get pictures and he said yes. And then I asked him if we could each get an individual picture and he said yes. So both of us got a picture with him and then I wished him luck in the final and he thanked us. And that was that. People started noticing him after we got our pictures so I think he took pictures with like two other people after us. But no one had even noticed him till we stopped him, which blew my mind. He was adorably sweet though. I hope everyone who is a fan of his gets the chance to meet him.
Awww....you are so lucky. Get to have his autograph and take a picture with him. Glad to see that he's a nice guy. (Even though I know that already)
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #6
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope i could meet him in shanghai this year!
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19
I hope i could meet him in shanghai this year!
That is an ambitious hope. Good luck with it.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
country flag mistry

mistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond reputemistry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

oh i was there that day!! i was actually in the rogers tent. when i saw him walk by very slowly (haha) with Eric. i started to panic.. cause i have never missed a single richard practice or match that entire week. so i wanted to make sure i was there. But my friends and i were about to go somewhere after the match and we needed to find a bus that went there (cause none of us are actually from toronto), so we took an extra 10 minutes..( i was sorta pissed at them... but again i though since i already took like 3 pictures with richard and a couple of autographs that maybe he'd be annoyed if i asked for more.. )

i was upset cause then roger came to practice on the same court.. and he brought all his fans with him.. so when richard came out after his practice... they all made him sign usless stuff, like those stupid state farm fans or a crappy piece of paper you know they were gonna throw away after.but richard is too nice to say no to anyone.. so he signed alot.
mistry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #9
country flag adelaide

adelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond repute

I was at AMS Canada for the entire week plus the qualifying days and I met Richard a few times. I've written about the "interactive" experience here with a picture I got with him ( it's a terrible photo of me but who cares )... and other times I was just watching his matches and getting autographs.

Here's just what I've said about that encounter, for those who are too lazy to click on the link....
Quote:
.....Then back to the practise courts! RICHARDGASQUETRICHARDGASQUET
Esther hopped a little bit. IT WAS SO AWESOME. He was in the far court so we couldn't really see him, but for us it was like a chance for redemption from the morning's why-didn't-we-jump-him incident. AND, indeed.

Anyway, before I get into the whole Gasquet thing again, Roger Federer arrived. It was MADNESS. They put up some chain to stop people from swarming in, but I was RIGHT at that chain thingy so I was REALLY close to him and I shoved my pen and magazine at him but he politely neglected. There was just too many fans. I could feel his godliness though.

It was good news anyway because he was going to overtake Gasquet's practise court, so he had to come out. When he came out I asked for his autograph, and when he returned the pen to me, I grabbed his hand again like I did last year. HAHA. Two years in a row bitches.

After touching his hand I turned around and was like lol I touched him again. And this enthusiastic lady was like "GOOD GIRL. GOOD JOB!" I was like WTF. lol it was funny.

Then Lisa said she wanted a picture, so we chased him down and somehow this time I felt no shame or anything at all screaming, CAN WE GET A PICTURE WITH YOU?? And also to ask random strangers to take a picture for us. So we got me, Esther, Lisa, and Sheila in the frame and took some pics. He was really sweet about it, taking turns with each camera to look in every single one of them. ♥

I got a little bit of his sweat on my arm. HAHA.
I was a volunteer so I could go to the back, so I was there when he left the venue but I was too shy to go up and say congratulations, you did fantastic. He did look dashing in a long-sleeve Lacoste green polo though.

And I met him another time in Montreal last year but that was just an autograph.

From what I've seen of him he's kind of shy but he's really sweet and generous about photos and autographs and such.

+ NADAL + GASQUET +
+ ANCIC + KIEFER + MATHIEU + GULBIS + FEDERER + ANDREEV + FERRER +
+ KARLOVIC + LLODRA + BENNETEAU + BERDYCH + ZIMONJIC +

peter polansky fangirl

Last edited by adelaide : 08-17-2006 at 04:28 PM.
adelaide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #10
country flag simpletennis

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute

awesome stories!!! he sounds like such a sweetie. anyone got to touch his hair yet? haha

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
simpletennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #11
country flag _pyromatic

_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute

Addey, have you washed your arm yet?

"Truth is great and will prevail if left to itself."
_pyromatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #12
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

happy to enjoy what you shared
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #13
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Addey, I am suprised you did not include the Eric fangirling in your story.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:41 AM   #14
country flag adelaide

adelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond reputeadelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Addey, I am suprised you did not include the Eric fangirling in your story.

.... yes there is that. I saw his coach like freakin' EVERYWHERE and I was sneaking pics OOPS. he's my daddy PotBelly Eric for lyfe!

+ NADAL + GASQUET +
+ ANCIC + KIEFER + MATHIEU + GULBIS + FEDERER + ANDREEV + FERRER +
+ KARLOVIC + LLODRA + BENNETEAU + BERDYCH + ZIMONJIC +

peter polansky fangirl
adelaide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:08 AM   #15
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
.... yes there is that. I saw his coach like freakin' EVERYWHERE and I was sneaking pics OOPS. he's my daddy PotBelly Eric for lyfe!
PBE for president!!!!