Why do you get good-repped ? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why do you get good-repped ?

And does it tell you something about yourself?

I know people good rep you because they like your post but can you look at the content of all the good reps (or bad reps if you like) and create a model of what makes you tick as a human being? Or is the data not sufficient enough considering how complicated the mind is?

For example, I don't consciously try to get good reps (in fact, I don't consciously try to get any reps at all) but my good rep to bad rep ratio is fairly high. That doesn't inherently tell me a lot but it does after I look at the content that got me those reps.

Interestingly enough, it tells me a little bit about the poster that gave me reps too.

Any thoughts?
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you get good-repped ?

My only thought is that this is a pathetic attempt at getting good reps. We've seen this type of thread before. Boring subject.
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Reading that post made me go through all my reps. I go the number 102 good reps and I think 7 bads. (Although 4 were from Xristos for saying hes a clown, joke, etc. )

I think bad reps mostly come from when you say something outrageously bad or unpopular with a bunch of people. I.E. a thread titled "Safin is a joke, he sucks and is obviously gay" would be bad repped to hell. Alternatively, a very funny thread (such as my "Laws of MTF" thread) give many good reps. My laws thread gave me I think 20 goods, and an endearing use across the boards and sigs
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava
My only thought is that this is a pathetic attempt at getting good reps. We've seen this type of thread before. Boring subject.
Ok, then don't post. Simple things don't have to be complicated.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
country flag rofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004
Reading that post made me go through all my reps. I go the number 102 good reps and I think 7 bads. (Although 4 were from Xristos for saying hes a clown, joke, etc. )

I think bad reps mostly come from when you say something outrageously bad or unpopular with a bunch of people. I.E. a thread titled "Safin is a joke, he sucks and is obviously gay" would be bad repped to hell. Alternatively, a very funny thread (such as my "Laws of MTF" thread) give many good reps. My laws thread gave me I think 20 goods, and an endearing use across the boards and sigs
Right, but have those good reps (or bad) told you about yourself, about the way you think when you post and respond to posts? I am not talking about how others post in this forum. "Laws of MTF" covers it quite well.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:53 AM   #6
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe
Right, but have those good reps (or bad) told you about yourself, about the way you think when you post and respond to posts? I am not talking about how others post in this forum. "Laws of MTF" covers it quite well.
the reps tell you more that you said something witty or funny, and when you argue, you have good points and are recognized by people on the boards. But I dunno! Is this a quiz?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:58 AM   #7
country flag rofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004
the reps tell you more that you said something witty or funny, and when you argue, you have good points and are recognized by people on the boards. But I dunno! Is this a quiz?
Nah, I was just curious. It told me something about how I think when I post about tennis, tennis players and how that knowledge relates to how others think about tennis. In fact, it is not just good reps but generally replies to my posts as well.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:26 AM   #8
country flag uglyamerican

uglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond repute

The bad rep functions to keep tabs on people who only visit MTF to give fake scores and false information.

I often use good reps just to send a little message to somebody.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:26 AM   #9
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

I remember I made a thread about the most hated player on tour, where I put descriptions as to why the players might be hated, anyway I said alto of stuff about coria, that he is a rat, cheater etc. I go the same amount of bad and good reps from that post 4 and 4.

Most of my good reps have come from jokes or satirical pictures.

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:09 AM   #10
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

I have 990 total reps---about 900 good and 90 bad...not a bad ratio
also i have hit the rep point limit- 2147483647

most of my reps come from making mistaflava look like a fool. ...people seem to like that

most of my bad come from rodduck fans and some from Jogy

Last edited by El Legenda : 08-15-2006 at 05:15 AM.
El Legenda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #11
country flag dkw

dkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond repute

Fedtards need to be bad repped just on principle!
dkw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #12
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Because I am loved!

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote