The Official PAW Rules + Supplement - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #91
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official PAW Rules + Supplement

Suggestion: player that commits to tournament but fails to post a single prediction (and not giving the reason why he didn't play that particular week) should be banned of playing next scheduled tournament!
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #92
country flag Frooty_Bazooty

Frooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
17.6 What if a player posts picks without commitment or WC?

His picks are not valid until he asks for WC. Therefore posted picks become valid at the moment of question for a WC. So picks for matches played in the meantime are invalid.
This is ambiguous. In Houston I posted picks and then after the matches had been played I was informed I had forgotten to commit. I asked for a WC and was granted it. From the wording of the rule above, "Therefore posted picks become valid at the moment of question for a WC", when I asked for a WC, my picks should have been validated.

I understand that if it had said "Therefore posted picks become valid at the moment of question for a WC, as long as the matches have not already commenced" but it doesnt say this, it just says they become validated. therefore my picks in Houston should be valid as they were posted before the matches began and I now have a wildcard.

thoughts?
Year end no. 1 in 2012

PAW Titles : 9 (WIMBLEDON '12, Washington '11, Acapulco '08, Stockholm '07, Houston '05, Monte Carlo TMS '04, Newport '04, Beijing '04, Moscow '04)
Finalist: 15 (Buenos Aires '12, Stockholm '11, Barcelona '11, Queen's 09, Nottingham '08, Las Vegas '08, Adelaide '08, Tokyo '06, St Poelten '06, Australian Open '05, St Poelten '05, Newport '05, Wimbledon '04, Houston '04, Basel '04)
Frooty_Bazooty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #93
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

"So picks for matches played in the meantime are invalid."
It seems to me like You have skipped this line, which is there to avoid the ambiguity.
You wrote:"...,as long as the matches have not already commenced" so You simply named the same part of the rule using other words.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM   #94
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Frooty, The rule is quite clear to me that picks are only valid from the time that you posted your request for a WC, not the time of your original post which had listed your picks.

As Rob says, the wording 'So picks for matches played in the meantime are invalid' is included to ensure that any matches that had started before your WC request are invalid and cannot be counted.

For Example, if the above rule was not adopted then the following situation would be possible:-

Player X has not committed to play any PAW tournament on a particular week which has two PAW tournaments.
He then posts PAW's 1 to 8 in BOTH tournament threads before any matches have started.
He waits until the results of all matches are known and he then asks for a WC at the one tournament where he has scored the higher number of winning PAW picks.

You can understand that this situation cannot be allowed in the PAW game.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #95
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś View Post
Once the tournament that you have committed begins (keep reading for instructions of how to commit), go to the PAW thread located in that particular tournament forum (ie if it is Dubai, go to the Dubai tournament forum and then click the PAW Dubai thread). You may also send your picks by PM to the current PAW manager of that tournament.
Robuś
Is the manager obliged to post into the thread the picks that were received by PM before the picked match(es) start?
Old 05-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #96
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You may also send your picks by PM to the current PAW manager of that tournament.
This note has been taken from TF, but I think it's not needed. Not only it's not needed but it can also cause problems. Picks should be posted in the tournament thread, and only in exceptional circumstances on the alternative forum www.pawforum.ovh.org or by PM.

I suggest to delete this sentense from the rules.

So refering to your question, manager is not obliged to post picks sent by pm before the match(es) start, but it would be simply good if he/she had done that.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #97
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much

Yes it would be good if there is a clarification on situations like that. I'll definitely post the picks before the match start so other players are aware of what other contenders have chosen.
Is there any decision on the "picking reverse pick" situation that has been discussed here? I have this and I accepted it http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...87#post9892587 Is it right?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #98
country flag hallso

hallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond repute

imo it's better to accept PMs for last pick from 2 or more contenders to the title than having "reversal pick" situation or things like that

edit: but I don't think there is any official decision about that
hallso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #99
country flag robuś

Please vote in this poll:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=161520

Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #100
country flag robuś

Quote:
You may also send your picks by PM to the current PAW manager of that tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś View Post
This note has been taken from TF, but I think it's not needed. Not only it's not needed but it can also cause problems. Picks should be posted in the tournament thread, and only in exceptional circumstances on the alternative forum www.pawforum.ovh.org or by PM.

I suggest to delete this sentense from the rules.

What do you think?
The "fair final pick" case is a separate case and will be discussed later.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #101
country flag Sunfire

Sunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond repute

I was written off from the PAW Ranking at the beginning of May 2010 (due to my absent for a whole year it seems... yes it's my mistake, and I'm sorry for that), but can I still play this games?
What should I do?
Just make a commitment at the commitment thread?
Thank you so much.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #102
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

You don't need to have ranking to play PAW. Just commit in the commitment thread which tournaments you want to play and you are already in.

GL
Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 AM   #103
country flag Sunfire

Sunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond reputeSunfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
You don't need to have ranking to play PAW. Just commit in the commitment thread which tournaments you want to play and you are already in.

GL
Thank you sooo much
Old 10-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #104
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

I have noticed that the ranking points awarded for 56-draw Masters are the same as for 96-draw Masters. Is that correct? Is that how it should be or there is another table for 56-draw Masters?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #105
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Thanks so much

Yes it would be good if there is a clarification on situations like that. I'll definitely post the picks before the match start so other players are aware of what other contenders have chosen.
Is there any decision on the "picking reverse pick" situation that has been discussed here? I have this and I accepted it http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...87#post9892587 Is it right?
I know I'm way late to the discussion on this but isn't the whole point of sending a pick by PM so other people close to you on the leaderboard, particularily when it's the top 2 people on the leaderboard, don't know what you're picking? Therefore avoiding the back and forth switching of picks? Also on that idea if one person wasn't going to be around at the start of the match, then the other would get the advantage when it comes to switching picks. Wouldn't the manager posting the pick on the thread totally defeat this purpose? Also, the reverse pick thing, which I saw in this form before I believe...

PAW13 same as "Posters name" pick

that shouldn't be allowed imo, in the rules it states that picks should be posted in a Player A over Player B format not anything else like what I posted above.

Anyway, just came across this and thought I'd give my 2 cents, it's probably way to late but I wanted to state my opinion anyway

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote