The Official PAW Rules + Supplement - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #46
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supplement to The Official PAW Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooty_Bazooty View Post
I dont think conditional picks should be allowed, they show really poor gamesmanship.

picks are meant to be written player A over player B - there shouldnt be a story after each one.
I agree, and I think there should also be a limit for changing your final pick, to avoid "personal battles". For example:

player A has 100 points, 1 pick left
player B has 99 points, 1 pick left

player A: XX def. YY
player B: YY def. XX
then player A: replace XX def. YY by YY def. XX
and so on...

I think there should be a rule stating that once your final pick has been posted, it cannot be changed/cancelled/replaced, unless of course, it's an invalid pick.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #47
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I agree, and I think there should also be a limit for changing your final pick, to avoid "personal battles". For example:

and so on...

I think there should be a rule stating that once your final pick has been posted, it cannot be changed/cancelled/replaced, unless of course, it's an invalid pick.

That's what i thought too.
That would be a good solution.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #48
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooty_Bazooty View Post
I dont think conditional picks should be allowed, they show really poor gamesmanship.

picks are meant to be written player A over player B - there shouldnt be a story after each one.
Everything what you're saying is true, but adding these rules will first of all: help to avoid "personal (pick changing) battles" just a moment before the beginning of the match, second of all: not everyone has the time to keep an eye on the opponents till the very last minute. The manager has to also check whether the "battle" wasn't still on at the beginning of the match and which last pick was valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post

and so on...

The idea is good, but the result may be pathetic. Awaiting till the last second, and later many problems involved with that, those who won't be able to keep an eye on oponents' picks - loose.
To sum up the subject - it shows that every person has a different opinion on that, so I'm starting to think I will vote against introducing any new rules related to that issue.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #49
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robuś View Post
The idea is good, but the result may be pathetic. Awaiting till the last second, and later many problems involved with that, those who won't be able to keep an eye on oponents' picks - loose.
To sum up the subject - it shows that every person has a different opinion on that, so I'm starting to think I will vote against introducing any new rules related to that issue.
I still think it's better than leaving it the way it is. If the player wants to wait until the last second to post his final pick, it's up to him, and he will be aware of the risk he's running. This rule I proposed would make it much harder for posters to make conditional picks. And in my opinion, PAW is a game where you should make your decisions regardless of what your opponent picks.

Anyway, these are my 2 cents, the decision of course is up to you and the others.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #50
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It does say exactly the same in point 17.4. what you have just written in here.

You can do that only if you don't have any picks posted at the moment of the beginning of the 1st match (and further) of the tournament from which you want to withdraw.

(and further) - means you not only can't have any picks at the moment of the beginning of the first match of the tournament but in later matches as well.

It seems clear to me but if it isn't just tell me which part you don't understand.
No. It's not the same.
I mean that if a player post picks in a tournament in which he is commited to play (or asked for WC), he can't decide later to withdraw and play in another tournament.

According to your rule, a player is allowed to post picks at several tournaments simoultanousely, and later decide to withdraw from all but one of them, and as long as he makes his withdrawl before the start of the 1st match, it's OK. I want to avoid this situation.
A player should be responsible to know in which tournament he commited to play, and make sure before he post his first picks that he does it at the right tournament.
A player who post picks at a tournament confirms his intention to play in that tournament. There is no reason IMO that a player would switch tournaments after he posted picks.
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #51
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute

I think picks conditional to other players pick should not be allowed.

Conditional picks may be allowed on the same player's picks, provided that the conditional match was concluded before the match which it is linked to.
I mean this:

Pick 1: A over B
If A wins: Pick 2: C over D
or
Pick 2: C over D
If A wins, cancel pick 2.
or
Pick 2: C over D
If A wins, replace pick 2: E over F

Those conditions can be allowed only if match 2 started after match 1 ended.
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #52
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsansh View Post
No. It's not the same.
I mean that if a player post picks in a tournament in which he is commited to play (or asked for WC), he can't decide later to withdraw and play in another tournament.

According to your rule, a player is allowed to post picks at several tournaments simoultanousely, and later decide to withdraw from all but one of them, and as long as he makes his withdrawl before the start of the 1st match, it's OK. I want to avoid this situation.
A player should be responsible to know in which tournament he commited to play, and make sure before he post his first picks that he does it at the right tournament.
A player who post picks at a tournament confirms his intention to play in that tournament. There is no reason IMO that a player would switch tournaments after he posted picks.
There is a rule in:
PAW Rules point 17. Remember you can play just one PAW game at a time. Even when more than one tournament is run simultaneously, and there are PAW games for each of them, you must commit to one tournament.

Firstly as you can see there is already a rule that forbids playing in more than one tournament at the same time, secondly in my rule there is nothing that says you can play in many tournaments simultaneously and what's more it clearly points out you can not have any pick posted if you want to withdraw.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #53
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

I'll manage Valencia soon, and i still don't know how do we pick points for each match. Example:

Match Federer-Querrey (3-38)
can that be how manager wants, or are there some rules about it? could Cervantes have make it (3-39) or so?
Thank you

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #54
country flag robuś

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I'll manage Valencia soon, and i still don't know how do we pick points for each match. Example:
Look at post #208 and #212 (page 14-15) in managers thread.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #55
country flag robuś

Added point 10.1.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #56
country flag bruzilio

bruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond repute

How is the scoring points at the end of a Grand Slam??

Sorry but i don't found this in any thread...
bruzilio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #57
country flag robuś

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzilio View Post
How is the scoring points at the end of a Grand Slam??
PAW Ranking Points?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=11653

Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #58
country flag bruzilio

bruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond reputebruzilio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

thankzzzzzzzzzz
bruzilio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #59
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

what's the formula to calculate points? i can't find it in any place...
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #60
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiBrasil View Post
what's the formula to calculate points? i can't find it in any place...
have a look here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=212
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote