David limping through Cincy. - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #241
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David limping through Cincy.

It´s Cincy time again

Ferru has a bye in the first round and will probably play Wawrinka in the 2nd round, not that easy, but I am sure Ferru can win

I just hope Ferru has come over the Olympics loss and is motivated to play on hardcourt!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Machi Gonzalez ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #242
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Ferru!
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #243
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post
It´s Cincy time again

Ferru has a bye in the first round and will probably play Wawrinka in the 2nd round, not that easy, but I am sure Ferru can win

I just hope Ferru has come over the Olympics loss and is motivated to play on hardcourt!
Yeah I really hope he has, because from what I've seen of the draw... He's going to find Nishikori on his path again...

Did anyone see what he had posted on Twitter? "Ya en Cincinnati tratandome de la espalda"... I don't know if it's because my Spanish is too limited, but for me, that means "getting my back treated", and that would mean he had an injury?
not that I would be surprised, I said before that the way he served during the Olympics made me fear he might be injured, but the strange thing is, he never mentioned it)
Sophitia36 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #244
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, no! Not Ferru, too! Rafa and Juanqui have been fighting injuries, too. My poor Armada boys!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #245
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG... I hope to God this is just a warming up round, because those serve stats are a disaster... Don't want to spoil it for you by giving you figures but it's not good, not good at all.

Actually it reminds me of Guille Coria when he had his shoulder injury and couldn't serve (Coria was far worse, though, so let's hope David's not heading that way).

I should not have started following that livescore before going to bed. Now I have to stay up
Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #246
country flag Sophitia36

That match was a DI-SAS-TER. Couldn't serve, couldn't return, nothing was working at all.

I'm afraid my fears were justified. He is either very tired, or injured.
I would tend to think rather the latter. I could only see the end of the match, but I saw him wince a couple of times. That, plus the little Twitter comment... And the fact that his serve was so inaccurate, and he seemed to move with difficulty as well...

I'm really worried now. There's obviously something wrong, now if he's injured, I wish he would say so, at least we would know for sure.
I can understand why he would have wanted to keep it a secret until now, but now that he has played possibly the worst match in his career, I don't think there's much left that's worth hiding.

And all that in front of Marta who had come to see him, poor David
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #247
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn´t believe my eyes this morning when I saw the result and how bad Ferru had lost

I somehow I was fearing the match against Wawrinka and had not the best feeling about it, but I didn´t expect such a bad result

Sophitia, I also read that twitter message of Ferru and the same as you, I was also worried about it. But I don´t think he had a surgery, but to me it sounded as if something is not 100% good and because of that he gets treatments like massages and things like that.

I didn´t see the match last night, but from what you told (especially the bad serve procentage) it really sounds that he is not healty. I really, really hope it´s nothing serious and if he really is injured, I don´t understand either why he doesn´t talk about it.

Oh yes, unfortunately I also remember the Guille Coria service disaster. I also was a big fan of him during that time and it made me so sad. He made unbelievable many doubles faults and I sometimes couldn´t continue watching
Really hope it´s not that serious in Ferrus case and I hope his serve will be back to normal when he is 100% fit again. Though I have to say that his serve was already bad during the Olympics. I remember in the matches I saw there (2 doubles and one singles) that his first serve procentage was very low also

Get well soon, Ferru

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Machi Gonzalez ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #248
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get to see the match. They weren't televising it. I knew staan would be a tough opponent but didn't think he'd lose with that kinda score. And I had no idea there was a possibility he was injured. Whatever it is I hope he gets fixed. Rafa is already out and it would be worse if david couldn't compete fully at the us open. I guess he has some time now to get rest.
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #249
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Sophitia, I also read that twitter message of Ferru and the same as you, I was also worried about it. But I don´t think he had a surgery, but to me it sounded as if something is not 100% good and because of that he gets treatments like massages and things like that.
Yeah, same here, I don't think he had surgery. But I do think there is something wrong. I'm no doctor but having pain in your back would certainly impact your serve percentage...
He still didn't mention anything on his Twitter, though. I need to look for interviews, maybe, and see if he mentioned anything.
I don't know what would be worse actually... If there is an injury, I hope to God it's not serious and won't keep him off courts for long.
If there isn't, then, I don't understand what the hell is going on with poor David...

Quote:
Oh yes, unfortunately I also remember the Guille Coria service disaster. I also was a big fan of him during that time and it made me so sad. He made unbelievable many doubles faults and I sometimes couldn´t continue watching
I think being a Coria fan was one of the most painful experiences ever! The RG final... and then the slow decline with this double-faulting nonsense... The worst about it was that he could play beautifully, and then his ability to serve would just vanish, and double-fault, double-fault, double-fault... Horrendous!
Ferru's serve definitely isn't that bad, thank God!

Quote:
Though I have to say that his serve was already bad during the Olympics. I remember in the matches I saw there (2 doubles and one singles) that his first serve procentage was very low also
Exactly. That's what I just wrote on the Wawrinka def. Ferrer post, actually... I think it dates back to the beginning of the Olympics. Even in his first two matches that he won easily, his serve stats were bad. Against Nishikori, they were also bad. In the doubles, it showed less, but they were bad, too.
He never had a powerful serve, but at least, he is usually very reliable and consistent with it. 54% of 1st serves, for him, is a dreadful record.
What's even worse this time, is that he also failed to score return points. Extremely unusual for Ferru who's arguably the best returner on tour... And generally he seems very dispirited on court. As if there wasn't much he could do... Another very unusual behaviour.

But anyway, I have other theories about a possible injury, but since he doesn't say anything, that means either that he's not injured, or that he doesn't want to talk about it. So I'd better refrain from launching crazy rumours, I guess.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #250
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
I didn't get to see the match. They weren't televising it. I knew staan would be a tough opponent but didn't think he'd lose with that kinda score. And I had no idea there was a possibility he was injured. Whatever it is I hope he gets fixed. Rafa is already out and it would be worse if david couldn't compete fully at the us open. I guess he has some time now to get rest.
It's only speculation. Apart from this little message on Twitter, which puzzled a couple of people, he never mentioned anything about an injury. I could very well be completely wrong about this.

I saw the end of the match by subscribing to the official website's livestream. Money well spent, since Ferru is already out, lol!
Works very well, though!

You're right, since he's out of Cincinnati early, he will have time to rest, and that's a good thing.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #251
country flag Edda

Oh, poor David! I hope he's not hurt.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #252
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

May i ask what the hell happened to David
Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #253
country flag Sophitia36

Well... We all would love to have an answer to that question, but I think now we'll just have to wait 10 more days until the US Open and keep our fingers crossed

Some people are suggesting Murray didn't want to go far in Cincinnati because he wanted to rest properly for the US Open... I don't know about Murray, but I don't think David would do that on purpose, doesn't look like him and he seemed pretty distraught about his performance.

But in a way, it might be a good thing. If his performance was the result of playing too much lately, that gives him 10 days to rest and practice for the US Open.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #254
country flag Edda

I hope David is okay in time for the U.S. Open! I'd hate to hear that he's out, too.