Ranking Watch - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #106
country flag Michael.

Michael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond reputeMichael. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

#72.
Michael. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #107
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
During his loooooong summer break I checked some useless informations

As i was fun to read in all articles lately The french veteran Arnaud Clement I checked the ranking of the veterans players this week. I consider veteran a player born before 1980. In bold there are the players older than Arno.

This week there are 34 players born before 1980 in the top 200 = 17%. 11 are older than Arno with 5 with a better ranking. We can conclude is a veteran in the single ranking
As I did it 1 year and a half I checked again the rank of players born before 1980 in the single ranking

Today there is only 8 players born before 1980 in the top 100. They are Ljubicic, Stepanek, Karlovic, Ramirez Hildago, Clement, Schuettler,Daniel and Russel and they are only 16 in the top 200 so from 17% in top 200 in mid 2009 to 8% end of 2010. That's go down even if some of them are trying come back like Blake or Haas.

I count only 5 players older than Arno still able to be consider as activ on the single tour. They are Schuettler, Lapentti, Delgado, Koubek and Gicquel. I mean i can't count Bastl or Dupuis as activ players and I should put off Lapentti from the list but i was not sure about his retirement So indeed Arno almost belongs to the five oldest players taking part to the single tour

All this to see how each month and each year are bonus years and tough it is to play over 30 years in single.

Last edited by soulage : 12-30-2010 at 07:04 PM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #108
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

When I first read Lapentti in what you consider active players, my first thought was "You call him active? " But then I read the rest.
I never heard of official retirement, so I still have hopes he will come back one more time... But since he has this insanely beautiful gf he spends a lot of time with lately and didn't play DC against Romania because of injury, so I think we can consider him practically retired.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #109
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's because i found any official retirement annonces that i have put him first but he's not activ since RG and i doubt we'll see him again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
But since he has this insanely beautiful gf he spends a lot of time with lately
is a father ? because lately many players retired after the birth of a baby and some injury of course like Moya, Hrbaty or Kiefer. The baby seems the way to call veterans injured players to stop the efforts of a come back.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #110
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is a father ? because lately many players retired after the birth of a baby and some injury of course like Moya, Hrbaty or Kiefer. The baby seems the way to call veterans injured players to stop the efforts of a come back.

Didn't hear anything of retirement, but also didn't hear anything of a baby.
I think the gf is quite a lot younger than him, so don't know if there will be a baby anytime soon.
Though babies don't have to lure players into retirement per se. Nenad, Nestor, Mika, Haas, Gilou and Federer have kids, but don't see them retiring.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #111
country flag soulage

Quote:
Though babies don't have to lure players into retirement per se. Nenad, Nestor, Mika, Haas, Gilou and Federer have kids, but don't see them retiring.
When the players are quite old for the tour and almost injured the baby is often a good reason to not try a come back that why i quoted Kiefer Moya or Hrbaty who were veterans and hoping a come back almost like Lapentti. Gilles is too young to retire
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #112
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

But grass is still very good for veterans!
Last player over 30 who reached Grand Slam semifinal was Haas in 2009 at Wimbledon. And Schuettler in 2008 also in Great Britain, it could be Arnaud, what unluck for Clement to stop at 6-6 40-40 on his serve.(
In 2010 nobody repeated their success, but anyway, Rainer looked great on grass tournaments before Wimbledon!

Last edited by Fat Camel : 12-31-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Some errors
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #113
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I did it 1 year and a half I checked again the rank of players born before 1980 in the single ranking

Today there is only 8 players born before 1980 in the top 100. They are Ljubicic, Stepanek, Karlovic, Ramirez Hildago, Clement, Schuettler,Daniel and Russel and they are only 16 in the top 200 so from 17% in top 200 in mid 2009 to 8% end of 2010. That's go down even if some of them are trying come back like Blake or Haas.

I count only 5 players older than Arno still able to be consider as activ on the single tour. They are Schuettler, Lapentti, Delgado, Koubek and Gicquel. I mean i can't count Bastl or Dupuis as activ players and I should put off Lapentti from the list but i was not sure about his retirement So indeed Arno almost belongs to the five oldest players taking part to the single tour

All this to see how each month and each year are bonus years and tough it is to play over 30 years in single.
great analysis

apart from arno whom i'm partial to.... most of the 30+ active top players are not very attractive to look at

which brings us back to the other discussion about babies... could they still be playing, because they can't find someone to have babies with

ahhhh sorry for such sexist talk
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #114
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

I just read couple of days ago that Kiefer retired. He wanted to start a new life with his wife and newborn baby girl.

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

ˇVamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #115
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
great analysis

apart from arno whom i'm partial to.... most of the 30+ active top players are not very attractive to look at

which brings us back to the other discussion about babies... could they still be playing, because they can't find someone to have babies with

ahhhh sorry for such sexist talk
Well, I think Nico L is and Gicquel is kind of cute too.

Oh, Ljubicic has kids I believe. And doesn't Gicquel also have one?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #116
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I think Nico L is and Gicquel is kind of cute too.

Oh, Ljubicic has kids I believe. And doesn't Gicquel also have one?
lapentti is of course a hottie but we've agreed that he isn't 'active' anymore.

never seen ljubo's kids, you know how behind i am. but he's not so good looking in my books and he still fits my theory

tennis is back on tv now... i feel sorry for all aussies who have to wait so long for some free viewing
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #117
country flag soulage

Nice signature Kezzi, Gilles's smile is cute

Arno is 113# Not that Bad First time out top 100 since october 2009.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #118
country flag Kezzi

Thanks I do have to get used to pics in my sig, I hope I don't annoy people with it, cause it makes my sig bigger. But since I have a premium account now, I'd better use what I paid for. Hopefully I can also make a similar one for Arnaud sometime this year.

Oh, 113 indeed isn't that bad at all. I'm not good at ranking watch, so it's always a surprise where he ends up.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #119
country flag soulage

#127 this week and the cut for RG is next monday ranking. It's officially over for MD He will have to ask a WC even if according the french gazette he could not If it's his last RG I wouldn't be shocked if he asked for one even if he's not a young player to help Let's see what the organizers will decide and if Arno will ask for a MD WC.

His double ranking is now #110 He also need WC for doubles
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #120
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...and i don't see Wimbledon or USOpen organizers giving Arnaud a WC.
Qualies in Winbledon are almost inevitable or he should do something extraordinary on..clay!! The only chance are two grass tournaments before the main, because it's gonna be very tough for poor Arnaud to play qualies on his favourite Grand Slams.
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote