New To Tennis Betting--- Any Help? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
country flag The Tennis Ninja

The Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up New To Tennis Betting--- Any Help?

Hi People!

I am fairly new to tennis betting and wanted to hear sone of your pearls of wisdom.

Let me tell you the story so far. I've been a tennis fan for over 20 years and have a decent knowledge of the game. I am a poker player so I have a small understanding of gambling but have a massive ammount to learn.

I started tennis betting in May 2006 and am not broke yet so I cant be going too far wrong!
This is what I do:
I have the On Court program and look up the stats for each player including head to head. I then check the odds for each match. If I find somebody who has a winning record over the other player but is the underdog I then get my money on, provided that they have some kind of form. I don't bet on anybody who is less that evens. On a first round of any tournament you can find 2 to 3 bets of this nature if you look hard.
An example would be in this weeks US event I think it's in Washington Safin was 6/4 against to beat Blake. I knew Blake was in form but Safin was too good odds for me so I got my money on and got lucky!

I'd love to hear what systems you guys use and where I can improve.
The Tennis Ninja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
country flag Lebowski

Lebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond reputeLebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To Tennis Betting--- Any Help?

Rule #1. Dont bet on tennis.

Looks like you already screwed yourself so ..... welcome to the club

I say the mental psychological side plays a much bigger factor to stats. Every tennis player eventually loses.... Surprising results do happen often.... Motivation, Endurance are key....

Not many tips one can offer. We are all in the same boat * you win some and lose some. Its how one reacts to winning big or losing big. One thing is 100% proven: You wont get rich doing it.
Lebowski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tennis Ninja
Hi People!

I am fairly new to tennis betting and wanted to hear sone of your pearls of wisdom.

Let me tell you the story so far. I've been a tennis fan for over 20 years and have a decent knowledge of the game. I am a poker player so I have a small understanding of gambling but have a massive ammount to learn.

I started tennis betting in May 2006 and am not broke yet so I cant be going too far wrong!
This is what I do:
I have the On Court program and look up the stats for each player including head to head. I then check the odds for each match. If I find somebody who has a winning record over the other player but is the underdog I then get my money on, provided that they have some kind of form. I don't bet on anybody who is less that evens. On a first round of any tournament you can find 2 to 3 bets of this nature if you look hard.
An example would be in this weeks US event I think it's in Washington Safin was 6/4 against to beat Blake. I knew Blake was in form but Safin was too good odds for me so I got my money on and got lucky!

I'd love to hear what systems you guys use and where I can improve.
Soo many people have their different style of capping,it works both ways!!if i told you mine i would have to kill ya In the end after all the capping,nuffin beats the old good gut feel afterwards!!Sometimes you just know n other time your 50/50 another words ifty on that particular match stay the hell away champ,cos a guess is most of the time wrong!!!

Good luck in the future Ninja,welcome to the Mens Tennis Forum
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
bad gambler

Just cap the matches as you see it - you say you have a knowledge of the game and the players which is obviously key. Don't really believe in systems per se but I rely heavily on statistics & trends when I cap matches properly.

good luck and feel free to post your thoughts in the tennis betting forum
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote