Graydon Oliver fan gathering! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2005, 02:00 AM   #1
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Graydon Oliver fan gathering!

Well, it is way past time for Graydon to have his own thread here at MTF (one that begins in a happy, positive place, not like the other one).

His official website can be found at www.graydonoliver.org. He's off this week, but he will be playing at the Cincy Masters according to the Doubles early entry list. I'll see if I can track down a few of the pictures I've taken of him in the last few years to add to this thread.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2005, 02:49 AM   #2
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Graydon Oliver fan gathering!

Go Go Graydon Volley!

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

i just thought this was funny:

OLIVER ON OLIVER:
Favorite movie: Ace Ventura
Favorite TV show: Most memorable moment: Vacationing in Arizona with my family and getting stuck in a sandstorm
Most embarrassing moment: Getting gum stuck in my hair in sixth grade
Why you decided to attend UI: What you miss most about high school: Nothing
If you were a superhero, what you would be named: Flash, because I’m so fast.
Favorite athlete: Stefan Edberg, because he was so consistent with his performances.
If you could date anyone in the world, who it would be: Catherine Zeta-Jones, because she loves me--she just doesn’t know it yet.
Favorite thing to do besides tennis: Play on the computer, trade stock, and re-stock my fish tank.
If you were stranded on a desert island, and you could take one person with you, who it would be: My Dad, so I could get to know him better.
Most prized possession: My car
Favorite type of music: Country
Favorite Food: Waffles
Favorite song: “The Gambler,” by Kenny Rogers
Best tennis moment: Winning NCAA’s in doubles and becoming 2000 national champions
Personal heroes: My parents
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

is that from that old fan site? Some of that information seems a bit out of date.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #5

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

haha, no. it's actually from his Illinois NCAA tennis page. so it is really out of date!

http://fightingillini.collegesports....graydon00.html

SVERIGE
Old 08-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
country flag Fee

Classic. Excellent find for you.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:23 AM   #7
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work Fee.
Indeed, Cookie does deserve his own thread. I just went over all the photos I took this year, and I only took a couple of him as I was leaving the Adelaide tournament! (And he didn't look so nice in them ) WOE IS ME! The only other time I saw him play, I wasn't too interested because Tripp was on another court Shame on me. Oh well, next year Next year I will have some nice pictures to add.

Go Cookie!

**"Cookie" because of a conversation *~kat and I had with him, over what we would eat for dinner. [Adelaide 2005. Across the road from Subway, when he confessed he was quite a fan of their cookies, and I think he was contemplating getting one. Poor guy. The store closed before he had a chance.]

Last edited by Bjorkman_Girl : 08-11-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #8
country flag Fee

Funny that you call him 'cookie'. I've given most of 'my boys' food-based pet names and somehow Graydon became 'baby biscuit', probably because JMG is the big biscuit, and they were my 1-2 guys for a while. I don't think I have a 'cookie' but Travis is 'cupcake'.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:13 AM   #9
country flag Fee

Graydon and Travis got into the Montreal Masters as alternates when Llodra/Santoro had to withdraw. They won their first match together {Oliver/Parrott d Etlis/Rodriguez 46 76(2) 76(4)} and will play Bjorkman/Mirnyi on Friday.

Go Baby Biscuit and Cupcake!

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Old 08-13-2005, 02:02 AM   #10
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Conundrum!

Not really... I know who I will be ditching. Age before beauty Back to Graydon-supporting next tournament

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson

Last edited by Bjorkman_Girl : 08-13-2005 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Okaaaay..... so, the match was played hours ago. oops! Nice tiebreak win for Jonas.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #11
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea Fee Nice move as alternates at the Masters! We have to get Jules in here Her first MTF post-she has the account!!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:30 PM   #12
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

LOL @ Kristen - I just discovered this thread
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #13
country flag Fee

For the record, in Montreal:

(1)Bjorkman/Mirnyi d Oliver/Parrott 64 76(7)

Today at the Cincy Masters, Graydon and Hrbaty will play Justin G and Rick Leach.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:33 AM   #14

they lost to gimmy and leach.

SVERIGE
Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 AM   #15
country flag Fee

Graydon is ranked 29th in doubles this week. I think that is the highest he has ever been. Yay for Graydon!