Ryan Sweeting - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #46
country flag rob32

rob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryan Sweeting

can somebody please post/find/take a video of sweeting? i am dying to see this kid play. thanks.
rob32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #47
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I should have done that... but I can tell you that he has a big game. A big serve, huge groundstrokes. He hits the ball as hard as anyone I've seen.

He also isn't afraid to come to net, and while he's not an all-star volleyer, he's competent at the net.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:58 AM   #48
country flag rob32

rob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond reputerob32 has a reputation beyond repute

MatejBockoFan I was wondering if you could please describe his strokes as much as possible. Does he have an abbreviated serve? Does he move his right foot on his serve? Does he hit a forehand and backhand like Safin? What kind of grip does he have on his forehand and backhand? Does he have a loop on his forehand? Are his strokes ugly? Please just describe them as much as possible. Thanks.

Last edited by rob32 : 09-05-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 AM   #49
country flag rob32

Also if anyone else has anymore photos/videos please post.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #50
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I don't have that much detail. I guess his forehand is sort of like Roddick's... but harder. Backhand is two handed and normal?

I don't remember all those details.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:59 AM   #51
country flag rob32

does he use the aeropro drive plus? or is it a paint job?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:56 AM   #52
country flag Scotso

Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #53
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

It's been reported that Ryan will be traveling with the Davis Cup Team USA to be their hitting/practice partner when they go to Moscow at the end of the month.

Here's more news from Charles Bricker of the Sun-Sentinel:

Quote:
Heat's On Ryan to Turn Pro

NEW YORK -- "Well, duh."

That was Rodney Harmon, director of men's tennis, reducing the most important question about Ryan Sweeting to two words.

The question: Does he turn pro or go back to the University of Florida after he gets home to Fort Lauderdale after serving as practice partner to the U.S. Davis Cup team in Russia, Sept. 22-24.

There is a succession of knowledgeable tennis people who think it's time, including his personal coaches, Harold Solomon and Andy Brandi. "He's got all the tools -- physically and mentally," Solly said Tuesday morning by phone from Lauderdale. "He still needs to get physically stronger, but he's ready."

Of course he's ready. Discount the five-game win over Guillermo Coria in the first round here, where Coria said "no mas" after pulling a hamstring and hitting five double faults in his first three service games (his shoulder wasn't exactly in the best of fitness, either).

But taking a two sets to one lead over Olivier Rochus in the second round before going down with cramps 6-0 in the fifth says he can compete at a high level on the ATP tour.

Ryan has either shut off his cell phone permanently or buried it in the bottom of his bag, because I can't get a return call from him. So I phoned Solly to see what he knows. Nothing. Same as when he left for New York. He hasn't made a decision, Harold said.

My gut feeling is he's leaning toward going back to Gainesville. When he came in for his post-match interview after Coria he was wearing a Gator baseball cap and his face lit up as he talked about (a) having an apartment for the first time and (b) "a serious girl friend." Ryan gives you a sense that school is a sort of safe haven for him, where he doesn't have to get beaten down by the big boys on the tour.

So. . .school or pro tour? I hope he waits until he gets back from Russia to decide because a week hanging out with Andy Roddick, James Blake, the Bryan brothers, captain Patrick McEnroe and coach Dean Goldfine is going to help him get a much more solid feel for what awaits him if he turns pro, and I think all these people can kick his ego up a notch and infuse him with a higher sense of excitement about professional tennis.

And remember, Solomon (Rice), Blake (Harvard), McEnroe (Stanford), Goldfine (Texas A&M) and the Bryans (Stanford) all went to college before turning pro. They know the value of college and the value of professional tennis. They can relate easily to Sweeting's situation.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #54
country flag Scotso

I'm fairly certain after his results this summer that he'll go pro.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #55
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

MBF, judging by your description and his appearance, he sounds somewhat similar to James Blake. I know you hate James, but objectively speaking, would you say that they have similar skill sets?
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #56
country flag Scotso

Well, Ryan has a two-handed backhand, so that's a major difference. I mean, I wouldn't say that, no. Ryan constructed a lot of points, he doesn't just go for winners which seems to be James' game. Ryan also goes to the net quite a bit.

I could see Ryan being very successful on clay while Blake is not. Ryan is also much smaller and uses racquet speed and not brute force to power his shots. I don't see that they're that similar.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:02 AM   #57
country flag Scotso

Ryan was with the US Davis Cup team today in Russia.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #58
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan,

Top 50 Next year

Go Ryan

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:46 AM   #59
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Sweeting has turned pro. His loss to Amer Delic in the first round at the Louisville Challenger was his first 'official' pro match. All the best Ryan.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #60
country flag Scotso

Yay, good decision I think.