European Athletics Championships Gotebörg (6-13) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #61
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European Athletics Championships Gotebörg (6-13)

Thank you so much for the great report and the pics, Val

It was very interesting and touching also for me to just read it You know in all things concerning Sweden I am very emotional, so I would have been very touched to hear the Swedish anthem for Carro as well!

As for Carolinas coach: Was it Yannick Tregaro? Don´t know if he is still Carros coach, but he is definitely Christian Olssons coach! I like him a lot and it was quite funny, because when I went to Monte Carlo this spring, he was in the same bus like me from Nice Airport to Monte Carlo He is very cute

And also great to here that you saw princess Victoria, I think the chance is not very big to see her.

Marstrand is very nice. I have been there myself and I liked it a lot.

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #62
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Forget it about Carros coach, of course it is Agne Bergvall, I forgot...
But do you know Yannick Tregaro, Val?

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #63
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome
Could you please post a pic of those two guys ??? It would be easier for me to tell if I saw them or not. There were just sitting behind me and I heard the guy who organised the trip telling us that it was his coach, but don't remember if he gave us the name, and I have to say that I didn't turn many times to have a look But, if he's cute, I noticed him he he !!

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #64
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

For the fans of Olsson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olsson_250x300.jpg (52.3 KB, 7 views)

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 08-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #65
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
So about the report, sorry it will be long

As I said earlier, we have been invited with my colleague by the city of Göteborg, so everything were organised. From the airport, we have been transfered with the official cars of the Championships (a beautiful Volvo). Well, it was funny to feel like VIPs I'd like to someday to be treated like that in a tennis tournament Then, we went to our hotel, close to the stadium Ullevi, had a little buffet and then, visited the city, by tram and by boat. The boat stopped in front of the stadium. Then, we entered in the stadium and we got our tickets. We didn't have "vip" tickets, we were in the 1st category, a bit "far" to take pictures but enough good to see them and to feel the atmosphere. When we arrived, Caroline Kfüft was there, I tried to take some pics with my camera, but not easy, the best I took is in the first post, then, I prefer taking pics of the giant screen The stadium is big and the Swedish audience is very fair-play. Our group was an international group, so it was nice because everyone was supporting the athletes from each country (in our group, there were German, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, French). I was happy because I saw a lot of Swedes : Berqvist, Klüft, Green, Holm, I also saw the French, I'm not a big supporter of the French in tennis, but in athletics, it's ok. I forgot to say that when we were walking in the streets of Göteborg, we saw the French hurdler, Ladji Doucouré, in a restaurant. I recognised him, and I said to my colleague "please, turn on your left", and it's maybe the French, he wanted to see, we were sure to not see him on the tracks, because he started this morning. Well, what I like in Sweden, is that athletes can live freely without being disturbed. After the stadium, we have been invited in a restaurant, on the "avenye", the restaurant was an official place during the tournament, only could enter people with VIP pass, we ate delicious meals during that evening. When we arrived, we saw an official car arrived, it was the Princess Victoria, unbelievable !!! We saw her from very far but I recognised her and was very happy. We were very happy Well, people interested by Sweden culture knew her. After the dinner, we came back at our hotel.

Early in the morning, we left to Marstrand, in the north of Göteborg, we went there by boat, and saw the beautiful archipelago, the weather was sunny and very warm. A big chief travelled with us and we tasted his marvellous food.

In the late afternoon, we came to the stadium for the semis of 100 meters. The French Pognon qualified easily for the final, we thought, with my colleague that he'd have the gold medal or he'd be on the podium later that night. Unfortunately, not We were very surprised !! German were happy because one German won a gold medal in the 10000 meters. Carolina Klüft won the heptatlon as expected. Sad that Barber wasn't there, it could have been a great match, even if I was for Carolina. When Carolina won, it was so moving, people were very enthousiastic. I was very touched, I was very happy to be the witness of that big event. We also got a song, I think it was the official song, I don't know, have to check it. Carolina was running everywhere with the flag and the other competitors were with her. A good atmosphere between the athletes. We have waited until the trophee ceremony. I almost cried because it was great and touching. They sang the Swedish National Anthem and again the princess Victoria was there (so for the second time we saw us). I remember that people around us were singing the anthem, was unbelievable !! It will remain my best memory I think of the championships. After the stadium, we had dinner at the official hotel of the athletes. I knew that hotel and I'm going to work with them very soon, we didn't know that it was the official hotel, so when we arrived, we saw many athletes outside, we saw some French we didn't know, we entered in the hall and many were there, so we had dinner in the restaurant at the top of the hotel, with a magnificient view on Göteborg. Behind us, the coach of Flügt was having dinner with other people from the Swedish team. Was funny !! At that hotel, we also ate a delicious meal. Göteborg is considered as the capital of food in Sweden !! When, we had finished, we left the hotel, and we saw the Italian team outside, and with my colleague, we saw the French Raquil & Djone coming back from somewhere (it was midnight). We hoped for a victory for one of them the morning after, because we had to leave.

On wednesday morning, we had a free visit of the city, I had to buy some stuff for a colleague and for a friend, then, we had dinner in a restaurant in the center of Göteborg (very nice place, in a park), and then, we have been transfered to the airport, in offical car again !!!

Well, I'm a Sweden lover so I have liked a lot Göteborg during the summer & I still have many things to visit there, but being there during the Championships was great, it was the first time that I attended to an atheltics competition and I'd like to come back again.

I hope Kasja will win tonight

Tack så mycke Göteborg och leve Sverige

http://rapidshare.de/files/29001568/PICT0203.MOV.html
Swedish anthem for Klüft's victory
Cool report...

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #66
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the fans of Olsson
Marian must beat him this time......

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #67
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Carolina Klüft won the heptatlon as expected. Sad that Barber wasn't there, it could have been a great match, even if I was for Carolina. When Carolina won, it was so moving, people were very enthousiastic. I was very touched, I was very happy to be the witness of that big event. We also got a song, I think it was the official song, I don't know, have to check it. Carolina was running everywhere with the flag and the other competitors were with her.
I was there too Tuesday and I thought the totally opposite. I cheered for Barber over Klüft, so that was a bummer. And I thought it was way, way over the top that the crown princess and the Swedish EU commissionary was handing over her prizes.

Quote:
Göteborg is considered as the capital of food in Sweden !!
It is?! You know you shouldn't believe everything they tell you.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #68
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Sanna Kallur!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #69
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
It is?! You know you shouldn't believe everything they tell you.
Aphex : It's not that I believe everything, it's just that we really ate very very well during our stay & I like a lot the Swedish food, when it's well prepared

Leve Susanna, she has just won

Now, hope Kajsa will have her gold medal, kom igen

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 08-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #70
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Kajsa
Old 08-11-2006, 06:43 PM   #71
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Aphex : It's not that I believe everything, it's just that we really ate very very well during our stay & I like a lot the Swedish food, when it's well prepared
I had a hot dog and a burger at the stadium and had a troubled stomach for two days.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #72
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
I had a hot dog and a burger at the stadium and had a troubled stomach for two days.
In the stadium, I also ate a hot dog, it was good
but the other food was very good food, in lovely restaurants, so, a bit different from the food you eat everyday I imagine.

Poor Kajsa

Congrats to the Belgium girls !!

Para siempre Gonzo

Old 08-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #73
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the fans of Olsson
what a nice one. is it a poster or card?

Thanks for your report and photos!!!

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #74
country flag Bart.

Bart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond reputeBart. has a reputation beyond repute

Tia and Kim
Bart. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #75
country flag enqvistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki
what a nice one. is it a poster or card?

Thanks for your report and photos!!!
It's a poster, you can buy it on the championships website, but a bit expensive for a poster

http://www.goteborg.com/default.aspx?id=3841

Para siempre Gonzo