Jurgen Melzer is terrific - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jurgen Melzer is terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2monac
well at least he tried to fight...
Yes he did indeed fight. I know he gave it his all because he always does. To bad he could not get a break when he had so many chances.

He is and always will be my favorite.

Hopefully he will do great in the doubles. I think he plays better doubles than singles. Watching him in doubles is such fun.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2006, 02:14 AM   #32
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if Karl is still working with Jurgen?

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:56 AM   #33

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Jurgen and Julian won their doubles match today easily.

Knowle/Melzer df Hrbaty/Mertinak 6-2, 6-1

Kristen, I have not heard of any change in coaches for Jurgen. But then I am always the last to know. Sad to see Marach/Suk lose today.

Marach/Suk L Allegro/Bracciali 2-6, 5-7
Old 09-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #34
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Great result by J&J.

You know what? This fortnight I am saying "At least I won't have to worry about him in matches anymore", about a couple of my guys. It's a nice little coping mechanism...and I don't know whether it's pessimistic or optimistic. Just trying to find some silver lining

I hope the guys can keep going in doubles The practice will be good for Julian, and it will be nice for Jurgen to win a few in a row. *touches wood*
Old 09-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #35
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad about this double...J&J realy are a great team and jurgen is so great even if he lost in single he gives all his best to win in double...real champion's heart!!! good luck guys
cc2monac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #36
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Due to prior commitments (aka Jarkko Nieminen), I have to temporarily withdraw my Austrian support. But, only for one match! Graydon Oliver has only played a couple of ATP tournaments this year, so it is nice to see him doing well! But, if he and Jarkko lose, they lose to a great team and then... til they meet Jonas/Max in the final (LOL!?) I will cheer loudly.

Oh... Barbara, I am getting Foxtel / Cable TV this week, so I might actually SEE some tennis from now on! I might have decent input into match discussions. I'm very happy

Old 09-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
Due to prior commitments (aka Jarkko Nieminen), I have to temporarily withdraw my Austrian support. But, only for one match! Graydon Oliver has only played a couple of ATP tournaments this year, so it is nice to see him doing well! But, if he and Jarkko lose, they lose to a great team and then... til they meet Jonas/Max in the final (LOL!?) I will cheer loudly.

Oh... Barbara, I am getting Foxtel / Cable TV this week, so I might actually SEE some tennis from now on! I might have decent input into match discussions. I'm very happy
Kristen I am happy you will get to see tennis. You are getting the USO aren't you?

Knew you would abandon us for Jarkko in this match today. Still I want to see J & J win it. They start in a few minutes.

Today I printed out a lot of pictures you took in Adelaide, Sydney and the AO of Jurgen to use in his book. I wish I could find more from other tournaments. When I was in Cincy you sent a link for pictures from the RO. I would appreciate if you could give it to me again. Her computer in Cincy can not talk to mine here. Lynn is at the Open and hopefully she got some shots of Jurgen. Here ones from New Haven were so nice.

It will take lots of work to make Jurgen's book this year. It is more fun when he wins a lot . He has done very well in a few tournaments so those pages will be fun to make.

Who do you want to see win the singles at the USO? Today it was sad to see Agassi sitting their crying after he lost. For his health I hope he did not wait to long to retire. The cordisone shots can do damage after you get to many.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #38

Kristen got her wish. Nieminen/Oliver df Knowle/Melzer 7-6(5), 6-2. I was hoping for a win by J & J and certainly thought it would be closer.

Alex Peya/Phau also lost today to Damm/Paes 3-6, 6-7 (4).

Not a good day for the Austrian men at the Open.

Julian Knowle is still in the mixed doubles I believe.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #39
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan
Kristen I am happy you will get to see tennis. You are getting the USO aren't you?

Knew you would abandon us for Jarkko in this match today. Still I want to see J & J win it. They start in a few minutes.

Today I printed out a lot of pictures you took in Adelaide, Sydney and the AO of Jurgen to use in his book. I wish I could find more from other tournaments. When I was in Cincy you sent a link for pictures from the RO. I would appreciate if you could give it to me again. Her computer in Cincy can not talk to mine here. Lynn is at the Open and hopefully she got some shots of Jurgen. Here ones from New Haven were so nice.

It will take lots of work to make Jurgen's book this year. It is more fun when he wins a lot . He has done very well in a few tournaments so those pages will be fun to make.

Who do you want to see win the singles at the USO? Today it was sad to see Agassi sitting their crying after he lost. For his health I hope he did not wait to long to retire. The cordisone shots can do damage after you get to many.
I get Cable installed this Thursday, so my fingers are crossed that maybe someone I like will get far in the doubles draw. It willl be a competition between my father and I. Tennis VS Golf.

At the USO I would like to see Safin, Rochus, Novak, or Berdych do well. Mostly Berdych I guess, but if Nadal or Federer must win again, I don't mind I guess I'm more interested in doubles, where many of my guys are still active

I've just emailled you the links to the photos. Some nice ones there. LOL I assumed that when I ditched the Austrians, it would mean they would probably win the match. I'm really happy for Jarkko and in particular, Graydon Oliver... but...ouch!

Old 09-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #40

Quote:
I get Cable installed this Thursday, so my fingers are crossed that maybe someone I like will get far in the doubles draw. It willl be a competition between my father and I. Tennis VS Golf.

At the USO I would like to see Safin, Rochus, Novak, or Berdych do well. Mostly Berdych I guess, but if Nadal or Federer must win again, I don't mind I guess I'm more interested in doubles, where many of my guys are still active

I've just emailled you the links to the photos. Some nice ones there. LOL I assumed that when I ditched the Austrians, it would mean they would probably win the match. I'm really happy for Jarkko and in particular, Graydon Oliver... but...ouch!
The links worked for the pictures. Thank you. They will be a nice addition.

Ouch!! Is right. I thought Jurgen and Julian would do a lot better.

Now it is on to the next tournament. Oh forgot Julian plays mixed doubles today. He will need lots of luck to win this match. Martian N. and Bob Bryan will definitely be the favorites.

I have my fingers crossed for Andy Murray (he would have to play Davydenko who I like) and Berdych. We will just have to wait and see how this all plays out. Happy Roger beat Spadea. If you read Tennis Week.com you would know why. By the way as of this week Alex Peya is leading my contest. He will go way down because he did not make the main draw at the USO this year and did last year. Marty Fish is second.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #41

Quote:
Does anyone know if Karl is still working with Jurgen?
I rememberd you asked this question and the answer is Yes he is still Jurgen's coach. He was with him at the Open. I have a friend who attended the Open and she wrote me today that Karl was with Jurgen. She did not get any pictures of Jurgen, so I have none from the Open for his book. If you find any, please send them to me or post them on here.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #42
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute

for the one who understand something to this language here is one link it's an article about jurgen with some pix but I realy don't know what it's talking about

http://kurier.at/sport/weiteresportarten/25531.php
cc2monac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:16 AM   #43
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

LOL At times like this I have to wonder how their partnership works. If he was going by a percantage of what Jurgen wins... he'd be picking up other clients

Really glad to hear they're still together though. Thanks for the news! I will pass on any photos I see, but haven't really been looking much

Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #44
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

My all-time favourite description of Jurgen has to be Bud Collins'. During the Newport doubles final, Jurgen hit 2/3 returns in a game down the line for winners. On the third one, Bud jumped out of his seat and shouted 'This guy's an alley cat!!'
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2monac
for the one who understand something to this language here is one link it's an article about jurgen with some pix but I realy don't know what it's talking about

http://kurier.at/sport/weiteresportarten/25531.php
I translataed it but it still did not make much sense. Kept saying that Jurgen wanted to win the first round at the USO. Obviously he did. It did mention Miska, but Jurgen said something like "You make what you want of it". Not sure what that means, but I think he did not want to discuss it.

Thanks for the article even if it did not say much. The pictures were nice but they did not say when or where they were taken.