Support driven by looks? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Cheering for Sexy and Baldy?

Yes, I drool as i watch... 121 61.42%
No, I cover my eyes... 76 38.58%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #31
country flag Guybrush

Guybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond reputeGuybrush has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Support driven by looks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz
Yes most of the people on these boards are pretty immature with a limited appreciation of the game itself.
Guybrush is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #32
country flag Godiva

Godiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Safin the very first time I saw him play. I was simultaneously taken in by his looks and his talent. I also like Stpanek, Blake, Chela, Monfils, Gasquet, Baggy. I'm indifferent to Ljubicic and Ancic but I like Karlovic. I dislike Kiefer who has great looks. I'm indifferent to Ollie Rochus, but I like Malisse. Make what you want to that.
Godiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #33
country flag Godiva

Godiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, I love Guga the most.
Godiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #34
country flag tennisgal_001

tennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgal_001 has a reputation beyond repute

The only real turn-on that gets me rooting for a guy is the quality of tennis he displays in a match.
tennisgal_001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #35
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. (Leaving my signature as evidence!)
In terms of looks/ability to be a walking turn-on, that award goes to Massu, Verdasco and several other spaniards (for me). I don't really support them like I do the others... though I think most guys are attractive in some way

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #36
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it have to be a yes or no? I like some players because of their looks, probably, and others because they're nice people, or I like their games. You're really obsessed with this.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #37
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

I heart the Sex Machine!

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #38
country flag Kalliopeia

Kalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond reputeKalliopeia has a reputation beyond repute

It's an interesting question. I think some players do have larger followings because they're attractive. Nadal comes to mind. He's my current favorite and yes, I find him ridiculously sexy. But! Having said that, that isn't why I started watching him. The thing I love about him is his visible passion for and joy in the game, the way you feel like you can never consider him out of a match.

Back in the day, I thought Agassi and...one of the Sanchez brothers (Emilio I think) were ridiculously sexy, but I only could be considered a fan of Agassi. And I never found Boris Becker or Stefan Edberg particularly attractive (at least not physically, I thought Becker was adorable personality-wise), but I loved watching them.

Honestly, I can't think of any current players I consider out and out ugly. I think the looks factor, for me at least, isn't significant one way or the other.
Kalliopeia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:59 PM   #39
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is so hot

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:11 AM   #40
country flag dkw

dkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond reputedkw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanhenman
So...do you admit to being fickle and only cheering for the 'beautiful people'.
I'm not fickle you're just ugly
dkw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 AM   #41
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I like Stepanek, Lendl, Koubek, Snobel, Mantilla and Muster cause of their looks, well 99 percent of it anyway.
We all know you're one sexy beast

And I do think Mantilla, Lendl and Muster are good looking
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 AM   #42
country flag chicky841

chicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond reputechicky841 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think I support players based on looks. Its more of a personality thing and how good they are. The more I like their personality the better looking they get to me.

Acasuso ~ Nadal ~ Gasquet ~ Clement ~ Nalbandian ~ Almagro ~Tursunov ~ Gaudio ~ Mathieu ~ Grosjean ~ Roddick

Ljubicic~ Robredo ~ Gonzalez ~ Massu ~ Ancic ~ Ferrer ~ Zabaleta ~ Monaco ~ Del Potro ~ Haas ~ Ferrero ~ Monfils ~ Verdasco ~ Moya ~ Tursunov ~ Chela ~ Serra ~ Lopez ~ Djokovic ~ Tipsarevic ~ Llodra

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Beauty, after all, is an ideal, which by its nature can be approached but never reached.
chicky841 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #43
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute

there are other fish in the sea
but why do i have to get stuck with my one and only marat?
looks may be a part, but the six years we've shared together is not easily forgotten. huhuhu!
drf716 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:28 AM   #44
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
Roger is so hot
Not really, but your avatar is.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #45
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely no disadvantage if a player is considered as good looking by a fan or many fans

As for myself, I believe I would still like all of my current favourite players if they were 'ugly/uglier', but maybe some not to the same extent because I admit that it is not only the tennis itself which makes a player interesting for me, but it can be also the little things between the points, a facial expression, a cool outfit, a nice smile or any other characteristic traits or something like that which I find intriguing.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote