News Arnaud - Page 182 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #2716
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News Arnaud

Thanks, it's very nice from you ! I'm downloading it. You take risk for the summary with my poor english ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #2717
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

To play his last RG he wanted to be competitive and not be a figurant. he took pleasure during that matches. Leconte, Mouratouglou congratulates him to have use the most of his possibilities and Arno thanks them as for him it's the best thing we can say about him. They comes back on his run in AO 2001 and for hims his bets memories is the quarter vs Kafel.
About the top players he played Agassi on HC, Nadal on clay and Fed on grass and he felt with no solutions while he beats them at others moments in his career.

About the decision to stop he said that the last two season his ranking goes down but he had still the desire to play then he was wondering when and how it would stop and when he takes the decision it was natural it was the right moment there were no troubles in his thoughts. He's very happy to have lived this moment on court one with his friends and family and the family of tennis. He was feeling good.

Arno doesn't like Sharapova he doesn't manage to be interested by her game as he says for him she's not polite no smile and never say hello. He prefers girls like Schiavone, Wozniacki or Azarenka. It seems that he would like a win of Azarenka which is logic with all his french staff. In the mixt tournaments Arno likes to see the smile of the girls the hapiness well the behaviour is important for him.

Then they had a long speech on Gasquet and Arno underlines the progress of Richard physically and mentally. He speaks a bit about Murray. He's very admirative of PHM saying he's not like everybody and he has no limit why not come back in top 20. About Bennet he thinks he was done physically today. Arno explains that the french players has been very combatives and he remembers some russians players few years ago thinking that when you arrived in a fifth against a french it was OK for the win.

There is a game at the end of the talk so not easy to sum up but it was fast so we didn't have the anwser about why he changed so many times of rackets
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #2718
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I continue about the story on DC captain. In the JDD today they explain that Pioline is on course. He went in switzerland to see the players and Tsonga would have been interested by his speech. Seb would be the choice of Gasquet what I think is totally true.

If it was Pioline I would be surprised because never been a big fan of the man even if with Seb he has been the best french players last 15 years. Players could be interested by a new speech and someone with no affect with them.

I think that all the players have their fav but are also not against others witch explains why it's so long. If Tsonga wants Pioline I think Simon would be OK and it could enter the decision. Pioline makes campaign so it shows his motivation and the FFT could go with this especially if two of the most important players are OK with that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pioline.jpg (102.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #2719
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please, Pioline, that's a joke ! Ok the guy did great things in tournaments, but that's not the most important. He's individualist, he has no team spirit, and he's not good in communication.
I'm ok if Gasquet prefers Seb, that's normal, he's his coach, he knows him well.
That's a bit complicated for Arnaud. Actually, he's mainly the favorite of...the journalists ! I don't think he has more support of the players than the other candidates. Well, Mika roots for him. Not sure about Jo, and I think Gilles and Arnaud are not close, so...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #2720
country flag soulage

He made Dancing with the stars I think that Pioline is not close from the players so in a quite paradoxal way it could be his chance to be elected. I don't like the man who is not fun and boring when he speaks but I'm ready for anything and we must know it must be Pioline. Well the most important are the players to win DC but with Pioline it won't be like with Forget.

On radio RG they have annouced Arno for the traditionnal football match tomorrow. He was not playing it since 4/5 years to avoid injury but now he don't care I think To play with his buddies is quite fun.

About the WC for RG it will be no I think. Hewitt, Haas, Goffin asked for it and many english guys so unless they are totally in love with Arno I don't think he'll get one

Last edited by soulage : 06-03-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #2721
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

About the WC for RG it will be no I think. Hewitt, Haas, Goffin asked for it and many english guys so unless they are totally in love with Arno I don't think he'll get one
Wimby* lol
Yes, I don't know why they would give him a WC.

Guy Forget
Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #2722
country flag soulage

Yes I'm not optimistic for the WC Big names will get them but the english are strange with their WC . He's not so far so he can still try the qualies if he wants. We'll see already if he play Queen's qualies next week-end.

Back on our story with an eurosport article and some words by Ysern the director of RG http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/coupe...78/story.shtml
Transaltion by google http://translate.google.com/translat...%2Fstory.shtml

At the begining of last week I heard ERV on radio RG saying that he saw the players meet about Dc captain but he was not guest so he was not able to give exlu but I think it's clear there have been a meeting but they're not Ok on a name. Now the opinion of Tsonga will surely give the move. No decision before summer
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #2723
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

I think Goffin and Hewitt will definitely get their deserved WCs and Arnaud with Tommy will dispute for another one.

Thank you very much Soulage for all these news, videos and interviews
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #2724
country flag soulage

As said by the JDD Pioline is now one of the favorite he has discussed with the players and some of them has been seduced by him. Tsonga would have been interested like Simon and others have nothing against him.

Jo said last week that thay have to choose someone for everybody so as Pioline is not close from all of them he could be the one. I would not think about him but if his the choice of the players it will be him When you consider how Pioline was in Davis Cup with his partners and his history with the competition it's quite funny but the players seems to be Ok with Pioline so that's would be the most important.

Gael has no opinion Simon could be the one who changed everything. His voice would go to Pioline and if he has a veto against Escude, Seb or Arno they can't be choosen. Pioline would be the choice not of passion but of the reason. Not close from the players, no problems with them and retired player with a great career.

Last edited by soulage : 06-06-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #2725
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Pioline so funny...poor boys.

Sauf que Benneteau n'a jamais été pour Arnaud (dans son interview sur radio tennisplay il parlait d'un ancien joueur ce qui exclut clairement Arnaud) et Jo & Mika était d'accord sur un nom il y a quelques semaines. A pity if they are so influenced but I'm not sure of that, all candidates talked to the players. The veto it makes me laugh, if any player give a veto against Pioline, Arnaud, Escudé or Grosjean they have no candidate anymore !
And a veto of the Fede against Pioline that's possible ? He does'nt represent their values.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #2726
country flag soulage

Un ancien joueur de coupe davis Then I don't know the vote of each player but I'm almost sure about the vote of Richard for Seb and the vote of Gilles for Pioline (same mindset). The opinion of Jo is very important and his last interview you feel he hesitates and according last article he has been convinced by Pioline and as they are not all OK on a name they would choose someone with no affect with them. I was thinking FFT would be OK with Escude but it seems players are not all OK with him. Seb is in Florida so they'll go with Pioline. Then the values of Pioline I'm sorry I'm laughing but no problems if it's the choice of the players Maybe it's a good choice and it's because I don't like him as a person that he can't be a good captain. He can be the one who makes the right choice for the team.

For french speakers they speak a bit of Arno in radio Tennisplay
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #2727
country flag Marine

I don't want to hear about Pioline.
He won't be a good captain, he has not the same values as the others, and humanlu, he's not interesting. And...he was Bîmesman, I can't forget it.

Simon I don't like him, I'm pretty sure he won't vote for Arnaud.
Benneteau...I'm not sure.
Gasquet...vote for Seb. Between pioline and arnaud, not sure he will make the good choice
Monfils, no opinion, that doesn't count
Tsonga, I fear the changes of opinion...traitor !!
LLodra, well I hope he still rules for Arnaud.

Actually, Arnaud is not the favorite of the players, he's still just the favorite of l'Equipe

But seriously, I'd be disguted if it was Pioline.

Guy Forget
Old 06-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #2728
country flag Lesliem

Gasquet rules for Grosjean but I'm pretty sure Arnaud is his 2nd choice and not Pioline.
Mika is for Arnaud, Simon for Pioline, Benneteau I don't know.
And Tsonga choice will be crucial, he was for Arnaud at the beggining (according Mika's interview) but his choice could change and I don't know why because acts are more important than a speech !. Players said that the futur captain must have values like Forget ect, Pioline is just the opposite pfff
Players are divided between Pioline & Arnaud but Arnaud is not just the choice of L'Equipe. Voices of Mika, Gasquet and maybe Jo are important (and Bennet but I'm still thinking his choice is not Arnaud).

Et s'il y a une égalité et que la Fédé tranche Arnaud a toutes ses chances contre Pioline même si la voix de Jo pésera sans doute très lourd.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #2729
country flag soulage

I think that we all agree on the behaviour of Pioline when he was a DC player . Then according newspapers he made a good campaign and seduced the players, i'm wondering with which arguments ? On the chair the droopy face of Pioline will be funny . You know when you're not able to choose between cheese or desert you take a coffee Players was not able to choose so they take another way which would be Pioline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Actually, Arnaud is not the favorite of the players, he's still just the favorite of l'Equipe
All these rumors are funny who speaks ? I mean why it is so secret and so long I still think it's a problem when 5 players are not able to agree on a name. It shows how the team spirit is
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #2730
country flag soulage

Reading the interview of Jo today in l'equipe I noticed that Jo was close from Pioline in 2008 when Pioline was the head of men's tennis at FFT. He was talking to him everyday during AO so finally he's maybe close from some players. Finally we may be too harsh with him

In the phone interview given by Arno yesterday http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=683 Arno sounds he is not only interested by be the captain of DC but maybe coach of the team or any another job linked to tennis. He's interested to give back his experience and stay close from that sport and that family of tennis.