News Arnaud - Page 180 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #2686
country flag loulou33

loulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond reputeloulou33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News Arnaud

top chef, only tennis part : http://www.nolwennleroy-artiste.com/...audtopchef.wmv
loulou33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #2687
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Fred Viard commentator of tennis on Sport + twitted that Arno will be on their channel as a witness.
Quote:
oui en intégralité avec le même dispositif que le monte carlo masters et Arnaud clément en grand témoin #1/4coupeDavis
Well I don't what it exactly means but I think he will be in MC to watch the guys and they will ask him some question after the matches. Well I don't have Sport + but good to know. If he goes in mc so early he may stay and finaly train with Julien Jeanpierre and Azarenka even if he's not sure at all to enter MC qualies
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #2688
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I think it means he'll be their "consultant", as pioline, golovin etc in France 2/3 during RG.
They'll ask him questions between the games. I guess he'll be on the spot, it's not far from Aix.

It makes me laugh, they wrote for the place to play: "Monte Carlo Country Club, Roquebrune, France".
They have to justify it's really in France, not in Monaco. It's just that every year, the tournament takes place in Roquebrune, but I'm not sure it's written.
Ok, it's a detaile. Just fun (maybe because I know very well all these places)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #2689
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I think it means he'll be their "consultant", as pioline, golovin etc in France 2/3 during RG.
They'll ask him questions between the games. I guess he'll be on the spot, it's not far from Aix.

It makes me laugh, they wrote for the place to play: "Monte Carlo Country Club, Roquebrune, France".
They have to justify it's really in France, not in Monaco. It's just that every year, the tournament takes place in Roquebrune, but I'm not sure it's written.
Ok, it's a detaile. Just fun (maybe because I know very well all these places)
The matches will be commented by Julien Boutter as usual for DC on that channel. Sport Plus is not used to have a special witness that's why it's strange but it's a very small participation before or after the matches with Agathe Roussel it seems. They also recorded interview of Forget Leconte and Noah for that tie. I think they want to speak about past USA/France in DC.
Still according Fred Viard They have problems to sell the places due to easter week-end and surely the cost of the hotel in the area around the club.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #2690
country flag soulage

France lost and we'll have a new DC captain but not before september The press writers put Arno as a fav but yesterday Hagelauer and DIP say that's the FFT who make the choice with the players of course but it appears that the choice of the players is not the only one. For the case of Arno they surely think he has a lack of experience and it's too early for him.

some articles http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012...in-esprit.html

Quote:
À Monte-Carlo, les langues se sont déliées. Si Jean Gachassin tient à garder la main sur la succession de Guy Forget, comme il l'a confirmé hier dans nos colonnes, l'idée d'une nomination d'Arnaud Clément, soutenue par plusieurs joueurs influents (Tsonga, Llodra), fait son chemin à la fédération. Une éminence de la DTN explique pourquoi : « On avait deux solutions d'expérience. Mais Boetsch est pris par Rolex et Tulasne coache Simon. Aucun autre CV n'est aussi complet. Quand on fait le détail des plus et des moins, celui d'Arnaud Clément est le plus avantageux. » Plutôt, le moins rédhibitoire.
or this one http://www.lejdd.fr/Sport/Tennis/Act...Forget-501100/

It seems that according E Salliot Arno left MC fastly yesterday to go in Aix and hopes to get back for the qualies. He was surely upset by all the questions about Dc Captain Then for the MC qualies it looks that won't be easy and I'm wondering when he will start his clay season as he didn't enter Barcelona qualies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg captaindc.jpg (165.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg par0804.jpg (150.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #2691
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the different articles.
It's not very comfortable for arnaud, the medias didn't stop saying he's the favorite while Forget was still in the court with the players, while himself was not in campaign in Monaco, he was just there to support the team.

You're right soulage, I think arnaud is the favorite of the players, not of the fédé. It's not because they don't like him, but it's true, he has no experience, he's young compare to Boetsch or Tulasne or Pioline.
In one hand, I'd love to see him as a captain, on the other hand, I don't imagine him as a leader, as a "coach", he's still a kid sometimes ! lol It's Arnaud quoi ! lol

Guy Forget
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #2692
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the different articles.
It's not very comfortable for arnaud, the medias didn't stop saying he's the favorite while Forget was still in the court with the players, while himself was not in campaign in Monaco, he was just there to support the team.

You're right soulage, I think arnaud is the favorite of the players, not of the fédé. It's not because they don't like him, but it's true, he has no experience, he's young compare to Boetsch or Tulasne or Pioline.
In one hand, I'd love to see him as a captain, on the other hand, I don't imagine him as a leader, as a "coach", he's still a kid sometimes ! lol It's Arnaud quoi ! lol
Forget was 35 when he became a captain...Tulasne & Boetch are not candidates and Pioline LOL.

I can understand the lack of experience ect but that's the same for most of the candidates.
And I have the bad impression that FFT is changing the rules just because they don't want Arnaud as a captain.

Another article with the strenghts and weaknesses of each candidate, I agree except for the age cause it's the same for Escudé and Grosjean http://www.paris-normandie.fr/articl...ceder-a-forget
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #2693
country flag soulage

Forget was already bald he looked more older I think the FFT wants someone who can hold the players who are big ego who are not always making the good choices for exemple the clay this we Arno or Seb are maybe not the best to stand up to these players. FFT want a captain who is the real leader of the team . I don't think the FFT members who elects the captain wants a guy like Arno they surely see him as a friend captain with no experience

The problem is that there nobody with that profile that's why there no name who goes out. There is also the problem of the english that I read by journalists. True that Forget was able to speak fluently and that not the case of all the candidates We need someone with an iron fist in a velvet glove who speaks english and enough loved and credible for the players Arno I don't know if he can be this but I really think he could be good as a coach anyway he can be worst than Roux Then it would depend of the captain of course. He could maybe be a could combo with Escude
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #2694
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Forget was already bald he looked more older I think the FFT wants someone who can hold the players who are big ego who are not always making the good choices for exemple the clay this we
Because another surface would have been better ??? Isner was excellent at serve, imagine in hard court for example... it's too easy to criticize after. Clay was the best choice I think. Moreover, clay season begins, it's better for everybody.

Quote:
Arno or Seb are maybe not the best to stand up to these players. FFT want a captain who is the real leader of the team . I don't think the FFT members who elects the captain wants a guy like Arno they surely see him as a friend captain with no experience

The problem is that there nobody with that profile that's why there no name who goes out. There is also the problem of the english that I read by journalists. True that Forget was able to speak fluently and that not the case of all the candidates We need someone with an iron fist in a velvet glove who speaks english and enough loved and credible for the players Arno I don't know if he can be this but I really think he could be good as a coach anyway he can be worst than Roux Then it would depend of the captain of course. He could maybe be a could combo with Escude
I really think arnaud has the same values as Forget, he's perfect for his team spirit and his love of the davis cup. But it's not shocking to think he won't have this leadership among the players. I have the same doubts.
He's a good friend of mika, jo etc... and it won't be easy to be accepted as a captain, as a chief, and nomore as just a good friend. Arnaud can be a bit crazy sometimes etc... and yes, Forget was 35 when he started, but Forget was totally different, he was more mature. It's weird to imagine Arnaud to take big decisions, to be their representant, and I don't talk about his english, that's not the most important. Anyway he speaks english, not fluently, but enough to say the main things.
Well, it's difficult to explain but I can understand the FFT's doubts.
It doesn't mean they will change the rules just because they don't want arnaud as a captain !
Players will take the decision I think.

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 04-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #2695
country flag soulage

Quote:
Because another surface would have been better ??? Isner was excellent at serve, imagine in hard court for example... it's too easy to criticize after. Clay was the best choice I think. Moreover, clay season begins, it's better for everybody.
Fast court. We are better on fast courts and Isner gets less time to play on very fast courts. I don't see the matches this week-end but it would have been tough on fast court not maybe less than on clay.

Quote:
I really think arnaud has the same values as Forget, he's perfect for his team spirit and his love of the davis cup. But it's not shocking to think he won't have this leadership among the players. I have the same doubts.
Agree then who ? Escude would be FFT choice and what about Amelie A girl between mens
Old 04-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #2696
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I still think that Arnaud is best IF he's the choice of the players. If the FFT goes against the preference of the players they might rebel like Rumania did this weekend. Maybe not so drastically by not showing up, but it will be harder to handle them. For me being a friend is a good thing for a captain, cause people are willing to do a lot for their friends and Arnaud can still grow into his role as a leader. They might understand his choices better and accept them, cause they know him well and therefor also know his way of thinking. And Arnaud is one of the few I see with everyone, with Jo, Gael, etc, but also with the youngster like Adrian & Benoit. I don't know how Arnaud's relation with Gilles is, but I do hope for Gilles that the next captain is one who likes him more than Forget does. I feel so bad for him, if I were him I wouldn't have played I think.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #2697
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I don't know how Arnaud's relation with Gilles is, but I do hope for Gilles that the next captain is one who likes him more than Forget does. I feel so bad for him, if I were him I wouldn't have played I think.
It's not Forget's fault is Gilles is not very good in davis cup !
But I'm not sure Arnaud is very close of him. Anyway, if Arnaud is captain, if Gilles is better than the others, he'll play, that's all. If the others are better, he won't.
In davis cup, I'm more confident when Jo or Gael play, so I understand Forget.

Guy Forget
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #2698
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not Forget's fault is Gilles is not very good in davis cup !
But I'm not sure Arnaud is very close of him. Anyway, if Arnaud is captain, if Gilles is better than the others, he'll play, that's all. If the others are better, he won't.
In davis cup, I'm more confident when Jo or Gael play, so I understand Forget.
I didn't say that it's Forget's fault. I said Forget doesn't like Gilles. If Gilles is on court, he is the only one who can win or lose, but it's not a secret that their relationship isn't good. He isn't very good in DC so far, but what's to expect if he is the one to play the top players first without a lot of confidence in Davis cup? That is something Forget could have worked on. I still don't understand his choice in the 2010 final. Gilles was rested and proved he could easily beat either Tipsarevic or Troicki several times, but still Forget prefers Mika, who was the worst player on court in the 5 setter the day before. Don't get me wrong, I like this team and Forget did a great job overall, but I think I can never understand that decision. And it sure didn't help Gilles with his confidence or to make him feel like he can be trusted in a deciding match in DC, though Forget definitely had a reason for this. Also after this tie I read that Jo sort of blames Gilles for not tiring Isner enough. It all comes across as if Gilles' presence isn't appreciated. And he didn't even have to be there on such short notice, it would have made much more sense if he stayed at home and got some rest for his back.
Things like this just make me feel bad for Gilles and I would be a much happier fan if he withdrew from DC all together, but I guess that will never happen. Hopefully with a new captain things will change for him without having a negative impact on the team.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 AM   #2699
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For me being a friend is a good thing for a captain, cause people are willing to do a lot for their friends and Arnaud can still grow into his role as a leader.
well said

arno is not a softie friend either, witness how he 'instructs' his doubles partners over the years ...

imo the main obstacle to his chances as captain, is how he still has not made up his mind regarding his playing career. people can't choose him if they don't know how available he will be.

ps. funny we won't have such a debate in aus. it's now rafter, and no prize for guessing when he quits it will be hewitt's turn.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #2700
country flag soulage

Quote:
If the FFT goes against the preference of the players they might rebel like Rumania did this weekend.
Not yet Like for OG with the double team FFT has a choice and wants the players listen it. That's why the fav of the federation is one step before the others. But of course federation won't put someone the players don't want.

About Monte Carlo qualies It seems Arno asked a WC and is awaiting not sure he will get one. 2 should go to Monaco players let's see if he has the opportunity to play because I don't think it will have 11 withdrawals from the qualy list http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/sport...a-semaine.html

Quote:
CLÉMENT N'A PAS FAIT CAMPAGNE

Alors que Nicolas Escudé s'est prêté de bonne grâce à toutes les interviews pour se déclarer ouvertement candidat à la succession de Guy Forget, Arnaud Clément, autre nom cité pour le capitanat de l'équipe de France, s'est fait plus discret.

Une fois la défaite consommée, il a quitté rapidement le Monte Carlo Country Club pour rallier Aix-en-Provence. Le Provençal, 139e mondial, espère revenir en Principauté pour prendre part aux qualifications. Il est pour cela en attente d'une invitation.