From The Lebanese People To The So Called “Civilized” West... "Thank You" - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #541
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From The Lebanese People To The So Called “Civilized” West... "Thank You"

Did you realize that a Jew and a Black (woman) are deciding the future of the war (and maybe humanity)?

and people says there is no tolerance...
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #542
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From The Lebanese People To The So Called “Civilized” West... "Thank You"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGeL
Did you realize that a Jew and a Black (woman) are deciding the future of the war (and maybe humanity)?

and people says there is no tolerance...
Very doubtful. But I won't waste my breath.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #543
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Because all these threats - including the dreadul realities of the 7/7 London Bombings, the 9/11 American atrocities, the Bali bombings etc were done in the name of Islam An extreme form of it as JXneutron correctly points out - but in the name of Islam nevertheless.
A bit like the crusades in the name of Christianity. Christians were responsible for driving the Muslims out of Spain circa 1492.

I have to admit I have little time for religion and current world events only strengthen the position of those opposed to religion. For too long religious people thought they were better than non-religious people.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #544
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules
A bit like the crusades in the name of Christianity. Christians were responsible for driving the Muslims out of Spain circa 1492.

I have to admit I have little time for religion and current world events only strengthen the position of those opposed to religion. For too long religious people thought they were better than non-religious people.
I have little time for religion either. And I agree the Crusaders committed many atrocities in the name of Christianity - but would also have to say that this was over 500 years ago, and one likes to think that the human race has moved on and developed a lot since then. Sadly some of the Islamic extremists have not moved on in the same way, and still live in their own version of the Dark Ages, where freedom of speech and thought are banned, and women are abused, refused access to education, and in some places still stoned to death for adultery At which point I guess I had better shut up - as I'm sure I will offend many people here with my personal and very strong views about the treatment of women in some parts of Islam - and I don't wish to cause any offence.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 08-10-2006 at 08:21 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #545
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
I have little time for religion either. And I agree the Crusaders committed many atrocities in the name of Christianity - but would also have to say that this was over 500 years ago, and one likes to think that the human race has moved on and developed a lot since then.
Yes, fewer people born into the Christian faith go to Church than ever before.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 22 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #546
country flag Jim Jones

Jim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules
For your information it was the Muslims who invaded Spain and the Crusaders booted them out. You mean to say that the Crusaders should have let them have Spain? Wow you think like Al Queda. Oh and I send you a rep saying that I don't agree with you when you say that less people go to churches. Go to Africa, Latin America, U.S. etc.. and you wills ee that this is not the case. Envangilsim Christianity is o the rise.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:57 AM   #547
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, at the risk of being sterotyped I must be truthful and reveal that I do belong to a church-an Evangelical Church But instead of promoting a political agenda (conservative or liberal) we believe the work of the church is to show Christ's love through helping people. Now, I know, who cares what I do, but I just want to point out the great diversity in not only Christian churches but the diversity of all religions. As far as I know, all the prevelant religions of the world run the gamut from modern/liberal to ancient practice/conservative. I will not judge all practioners of a religion by one sect because I do not want to be judged similarly.

Religion can be a force for so much good but sadly the opposite is usually the norm. I suspect that if religions and philosophies were practiced as was their orgininal intent, the world would be a much different place. We can sit here and list all the crimes committed by each religious group (because there is blood on all our hands) or we can move ahead, try to find common ground and even picture a better future. Of course the dream of peace is just that a dream. But my wish would be that we would all accept that the world is imperfect and that we still have to find a way to get along-can enemies at least agree they all want a better world for their children???? How does this endless cycle of violence make a better world for them??? Has it worked yet??Using that as a starting point, and realizing that despite all the killing, the "others" are not going away, that could we find some way to live in the same world together????

Ok, I know I'm just blabbering on now,I'm not a pacifist and I'm way toooo old to really be such an optimist, but everytime I see yet another picture of a dead child, I just want to scream. Every child that dies in this violence is a victim of our adult vanity. Vanity that tells us we are certainly right, vanity that tells us because we have been wronged we therefore have the right to unlimited violence as redress,vanity that tells us this endless violence is the solution.... Yeah, its a great world we've created.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 08-11-2006 at 06:07 AM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #548
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030
Uh, at the risk of being sterotyped I must be truthful and reveal that I do belong to a church-an Evangelical Church But instead of promoting a political agenda (conservative or liberal) we believe the work of the church is to show Christ's love through helping people. Now, I know, who cares what I do, but I just want to point out the great diversity in not only Christian churches but the diversity of all religions. As far as I know, all the prevelant religions of the world run the gamut from modern/liberal to ancient practice/conservative. I will not judge all practioners of a religion by one sect because I do not want to be judged similarly.
Agree and I'm Roman Catholic.

Quote:
Religion can be a force for so much good but sadly the opposite is usually the norm.
Not exactly, IMO. People tend to forget the good deeds and focus on the opposite. I believe most Muslims/Islamics do many many good deeds but only the extremists get all the headlines.

Quote:
I suspect that if religions and philosophies were practiced as was their orgininal intent, the world would be a much different place. We can sit here and list all the crimes committed by each religious group (because there is blood on all our hands) or we can move ahead, try to find common ground and even picture a better future. Of course the dream of peace is just that a dream. But my wish would be that we would all accept that the world is imperfect and that we still have to find a way to get along-can enemies at least agree they all want a better world for their children???? How does this endless cycle of violence make a better world for them??? Has it worked yet??Using that as a starting point, and realizing that despite all the killing, the "others" are not going away, that could we find some way to live in the same world together????

Ok, I know I'm just blabbering on now,I'm not a pacifist and I'm way toooo old to really be such an optimist, but everytime I see yet another picture of a dead child, I just want to scream. Every child that dies in this violence is a victim of our adult vanity. Vanity that tells us we are certainly right, vanity that tells us because we have been wronged we therefore have the right to unlimited violence as redress,vanity that tells us this endless violence is the solution.... Yeah, its a great world we've created.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #549
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Not exactly, IMO. People tend to forget the good deeds and focus on the opposite. I believe most Muslims/Islamics do many many good deeds but only the extremists get all the headlines.

Sadly, I must agree with you.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #550
country flag fadou

fadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee

i agree with you :
it 's the same case for all people (jews, muslims, blacks people,...).
but it's so easy to take a bad view of a category of people and to begin to generalize en fonction of skin color, religion, nationality,...
i call that the racism and it's a big problem in our societies

AIMER, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction: Antoine Saint-Exupéry
fadou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #551
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to see Israel forced to submit to the the best supporters of terror, the UN (which has more dictators, islamic states and oppressive governments than "democratic" countries).

I wonder if everyone believes this will last? of course it wont, Hezbollah want to destroy Israel, so in 3, 5 or 10 years the same thing will happen.
Very bad decision from the Israeli government, they are sacrificing Israeli lives in the near future for the sake of a pathetic cease-fire whcih will last very few years.

Shame on the west, especially the hypocritical US and UK, you want to fight terrorist yet you dont let the nation that has faced the most terrorist attacks in the last 50 years fight terrorism. If you really want to fight terrorism you would not only let Israel shell Hezbollah into oblivion, but you would do the same with Iran.

Oh and I read this article on how muslims assimilate so well into western societies, especially in the UK:
In the United Kingdom, 7 percent of Muslims consider themselves British first, 81 percent consider themselves Muslim first.

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 AM   #552
country flag fadou

fadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond reputefadou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol
Sad to see Israel forced to submit to the the best supporters of terror, the UN (which has more dictators, islamic states and oppressive governments than "democratic" countries).

I wonder if everyone believes this will last? of course it wont, Hezbollah want to destroy Israel, so in 3, 5 or 10 years the same thing will happen.
Very bad decision from the Israeli government, they are sacrificing Israeli lives in the near future for the sake of a pathetic cease-fire whcih will last very few years.

Shame on the west, especially the hypocritical US and UK, you want to fight terrorist yet you dont let the nation that has faced the most terrorist attacks in the last 50 years fight terrorism. If you really want to fight terrorism you would not only let Israel shell Hezbollah into oblivion, but you would do the same with Iran.

Oh and I read this article on how muslims assimilate so well into western societies, especially in the UK:
In the United Kingdom, 7 percent of Muslims consider themselves British first, 81 percent consider themselves Muslim first.
oh! shut up, you're really a stupid boy who believe to know everything on everybody
for you, the world is so easy : in one side, the good and nice people and in other, the savage and barbaric people.

AIMER, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction: Antoine Saint-Exupéry
fadou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #553
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Weren't Americans writing messages on missiles and bombs during WWII? Correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm not sure.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #554
country flag zesty_dorito

zesty_dorito is on a distinguished road

Aahhh... war...

it sucks