++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++ - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #346
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++

The match last night against was simply fantastic. I am so proud of the way Richard fought out there. He showed a side of him that I never saw. My voice is hoarse this morning from cheering him so loudly last night. (I was screaming so loudly, I could have awoken my neighbors.) Just to level the match at two sets all was great and then to think he could have possibly won the match if it wasn't for his cramps is surreal.

My heart was breaking in the final set when I saw Richard in so much pain. I hated him seeing like that, but the shots he came up with on matchpoint down were unbelievable. He was a real fighter out there today and the NY crowd loved him. I think he gained so many fans last night. You even heard that he got a bigger round of applause last night than Lleyton.

Of course, he needs to work on his fitness and we already know that, but still I think we all have to be pleased with amount of effort Richard put in there. No bagels and no tanking. Richard

I'm proud to be a Richard Gasquet fan

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #347
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former champion Lleyton Hewitt outlasted Frenchman Richard Gasquet 6-4 6-4 4-6 3-6 6-3 in a pulsating late-night fourth-round battle at the U.S. Open on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a match that finished shortly before 1am local time, the Australian let slip a two-set lead to an inspired Gasquet but hit back to set up a quarter-final against American Andy Roddick.

"It was hard work for both of us," Hewitt said.

"He is a young guy on the rise. I was very wary coming out here tonight. This is where it all started for me, at grand slams, so it's good to get through to another quarter-final."

Gasquet said he had given it his all.

"I'm really tired," he said.

"It was a great match for me today. I fought a lot, I did my best today but he was too good."

Hewitt, the champion in 2001, eased through the first two sets before Gasquet roared back to level thanks to a series of crushing groundstroke winners.

With Gasquet struggling with cramp in the fifth set, Hewitt broke in the second game and though Gasquet saved two match points with outrageous winners, Hewitt served out to clinch victory after three hours 33 minutes.

I hope he doesn't get discouraged
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #348
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

I am so proud of Richard for his effort last night! I thought he played amazingly, it was one of the best matches i've seen in a long time! I thought that after going two sets down he'd give up a bit, but he proved me wrong, and continued fighting until the very end. It was brilliant! It was so hard to watch him in such obvious pain in the fifth set but I think he showed how much he has improved mentally, this time last year he lost 6-0 in the fifth but this year he kept on fighting. and the two shots he hit on match point were unbelievable! Eric and Fabrice were laughing at the fact that despite hardly being able to move, he could still hit such beautiful shots! Although he'll obviously be disappointed, Richie should walk away from this tournament with his head held high. I think he gained a lot of fans last night!

I hope Richard learns from this. I believe that if he hadn't been cramping he could've won this match so if he works really hard on his fitness, hopefully he'll have more confidence in himself and believe that he can win these big matches next time.

I stayed up until 6am to watch this match, and it was worth every second!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:11 PM   #349
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

omg i did did the worst thing ever last night!!!! I fell , but reading all the comments seems like he was a real fighter out there!!!

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #350
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised Richou lost in 5 -- he really must get fitter but I think he was nervous and overwhelmed so that's what caused the cramping. Too bad... at least he pushed to 5 sets. This will be valuable experience! He just couldn't take the relentless pace of Lleyton's monotonous tennis... too solid.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #351
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

It was nice to see that most of the fans wanted Richou to win!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #352
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

When I heard the result on the radio, I was like...
Now, that I have watched the match I am more like

It's just a pity that he lost energy in his match against Chiundelli...

Now that he has the confidence back and a good mental, he only lacks some fitness.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #353
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
I'm not surprised Richou lost in 5 -- he really must get fitter but I think he was nervous and overwhelmed so that's what caused the cramping. Too bad... at least he pushed to 5 sets. This will be valuable experience! He just couldn't take the relentless pace of Lleyton's monotonous tennis... too solid.
I think that's also why he had such a bad start... That's why i wasn't happy about him playing the highlight match of the night session. A champion should be able to deal with that but he's not a champion (yet) and moreover he's the shy type and all that...I knew that as he is he would need time to adjust and you can't do that against Hewitt so i almost knew he would lose since unless he'd play 100% from start to finish he wouldn't be able to win it.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #354
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I hope he doesn't get discouraged
Me too. He just need more time than the others to learn and to get self-confident and at ease. What he hasn't understood is that he should fight on the court to get in a position were he could have time to be at ease and play his best game and not hope for his opponent to let him get there...

Had he been able to deal with the pressure, all the attention he got etc...at the start of the match and not been overwhelmed i bet he could have put up a better fight from the start...But i knew that being his well-known self, he would need to be in front of the wall to start to give it all and be agressive so that people wouldn't say he had tanked the match and above all not to have regrets...

But in the end, maybe it will be very helpful in the long term because he'll know himself better when he'll have learned all he has to learn.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #355
country flag zimzim

zimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Me too. He just need more time than the others to learn and to get self-confident and at ease. What he hasn't understood is that he should fight on the court to get in a position were he could have time to be at ease and play his best game and not hope for his opponent to let him get there...

Had he been able to deal with the pressure, all the attention he got etc...at the start of the match and not been overwhelmed i bet he could have put up a better fight from the start...But i knew that being his well-known self, he would need to be in front of the wall to start to give it all and be agressive so that people wouldn't say he had tanked the match and above all not to have regrets...

But in the end, maybe it will be very helpful in the long term because he'll know himself better when he'll have learned all he has to learn.
I think this experience would make him a better player...It should.
zimzim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #356
country flag maddison_16

maddison_16 is on a distinguished road

Where is his next tournament??
maddison_16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #357
country flag tashanv

tashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond reputetashanv has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what an amazing match that was last night !You guys must be so proud of him!I mean I always liked Richard and thought he was talented and cute,but now I love him even more !And the crowd was so supportive for Richard!It was so amazing to see how much the crowd loved him!!!And man was he fighting so hard and then the poor thing started to get cramps that was not only bad luck but it also sucks !And thoughs match points that he saved were amazing!!Even the commentators were like what are you kidding me that was amazing.But what I thought was funny was during the match one of the commentators was saying that there was a big billboard of Richard in the middle of New York city.I think they said it was an advertisement for lacoste or something.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MARIN CILIC
JUAN DEL POTRO
GILLES SIMON
Mario Ancic

Last edited by tashanv : 09-05-2006 at 11:30 PM.
tashanv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #358
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandofanz
Hopefully he doesn't turn out like Safin, a guy with lots of talent but poor results due to weak mentality.
well personnally i wouldn t mind him being the next Safin if it means he'll win 2 Grand Slams and a few Master Series

Last edited by richie21 : 09-06-2006 at 12:24 AM.
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 AM   #359
country flag Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond repute

It sucked to see both Marcos and Richard come back from two sets down to level it and then end up cramping in a close fifth set to lose it. But they showed great heart, kudos to them, when I thought they might fade away instead.

Hope that Richard will feel better and have a great indoor season!

I am a fan of Federer, Gasquet, Baghdatis, the long-deceased Safin, Youzhny, Nalbandian, Rochus, Tsonga, the sadly-departed Santoro, and good, hearty, competitive tennis matches. The quality of my life does not rest solely on who wins these matches. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I can live quite happily after a player I like chokes, mugs, bashes, or otherwise succumbs to a loss.
Flibbertigibbet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:32 AM   #360
country flag simpletennis

simpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond reputesimpletennis has a reputation beyond repute

wahhh, at least he took it to 5 sets. cramping sucks like hell.
i watched his 3rd rd. match, i love how he yells "allez!" he had some amazing points. and his backhand is so much prettier in person as is he. i've got really close up pics

Dima love!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

simpletennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote