++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++ - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:29 PM   #271

Default Re: 2006 U.S. Open

Congrats to Richie for his win today And it is sad that you used to be able to believe what was in the press especially with the quote marks, but now you can't I think they want to see if they can stir up some trouble so they will have more to write about
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #272
country flag InfiniteSadness

InfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
There's a possibility that he said those words in a separate interview. Considering the article was taken from Eurosport.fr, it'd be quite shocking if they really misquoted him.
Press always do that... (or almost everytime)

Welcome to the real world of French press!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
InfiniteSadness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 PM   #273
country flag InfiniteSadness

InfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++

Quote:
Well, if your opponent is making a lot of UEs, it's not a bad idea to play like that.

Simon was quoted in the article as saying that Richard fears him so...
Because they misquoted him... That was the journalist who said that to him...

It seems they would like that there's a kind of argument between the 2 friends.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

InfiniteSadness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 PM   #274
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteSadness
Press always do that... (or almost everytime)

Welcome to the real world of French press!
I've hardly heard of this happening in the English press so...
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 PM   #275
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

The lesson from all this : we should only believe transcripts!

Had they transcripted what we can hear in the audio, things would have been different...

Silverwhite : i doubt that he would have done another interview. I think that it's one of those time when they all put their mic under his mouth to get what he has to say or that the FFT has the exlusivity of this interview or something and then the press (those who summarize everything are the Reuters, AFP, AP and co) manage with what was asked and answered... If they want another interview, Eurosport make it in video i think...And that's only for the "bigger stars" apparently. And maybe L'équipe has the right to one too in the written press, plus a local newpaper from where the guys come from through a phone call and that's it.

Maybe i'm imagining too much stuff but wll, the point i wanted to make is that i doubt that he had done another interview. What he says in the audio and what is in the quote is very much alike so we know it was taken from it and at the same time it's very different because he didn't say those sentences exactly at all but like 5 other ones for each that were "diminished" in those...You see what i mean?

Well, let's forget it...My blood pressure is getting o high...lol
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #276
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've hardly heard of this happening in the English press so...
Yes, yes. The English speaking press do it too, believe me. I read it often... Actually that's not really "the press" but all those "reports thingy" lol...
Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 PM   #277
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Well, let's forget it...My blood pressure is getting o high...lol
Yeah, I don't think it matters anymore at this point.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #278
country flag delsa

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think it matters anymore at this point.
True. And that's a good thing.

Last edited by delsa : 09-01-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:29 PM   #279
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteSadness
Well, that's good that he won against Simon but I didn't like the way he played...
He was too far away from the base line and wasn't agressive... He was just waiting for Simon's UE.
For the next match, he has to play better (or at least differently) because this time, he shouldn't meet someone who's quite afraid of him...
Completely agree with you.
Moreover the match was very boring, especially the first two set. I hope the organizers won't let him play his next match in a no televised court because of that...

His next opponent is Marco Chiudinelli . In his post match interview, Richard believe that he will meet Lopez...
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #280
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the match with simon (btw my mother thinks simon looks like Evis *
Gasquet really needs to come in. I must be missing something- Gasquet does know that he can cross that little white line doesn't he He played like he was in an exhibition rather than at the U.S.Open. Not much aggression.

I liked the original version posted here of simon's comments. Much, much funnier. Sorry that the humor got lost in translation.
Oh, well... Now that Lubishit has abruptly left the tournament, I guess the rude and insulting comments left with him.

* wasnt simon the one with the M&M's at metz?

Last edited by case : 08-31-2006 at 11:08 PM.
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #281
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

richie's in the 3rd round! it's officially his best grand slam of the year! good luck for the next match!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:50 PM   #282
country flag silverwhite

Hmm.. I listened to their interviews on the FFT website (I could understand more of what Richard said than what Gilles said ) and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed in what Gilles had to say (although it's understandable after such a frustrating match). I know he gave Richard some credit for being solid but he sounded bitter when he talked about how he made errors on 180/200 of his shots (a gross exaggeration given that he made 34 UEs) and how Richard didn't have to do much. Those were his tactics, Gilles...
Old 09-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #283
country flag MullerGasquetFan

MullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeMullerGasquetFan has a reputation beyond repute

Lopez lost, I'm guessing his next opponent will be tired since he won in five sets and hardly any player will still be in good shape after five sets.

Safin*Becker*Benneteau*Gonzalez*Golovin

~~~Go Gilles Muller!~~~

IT'S TIME TO TAKE FEDERER DOWN!!!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

MullerGasquetFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:03 AM   #284
country flag lucashg

lucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always sort of put off when he plays that boring, defensive tennis of his. I know he can and will step up to be more aggressive, but he should do to some lesser opponents as well, because against the top he'll have a tougher time adjusting his game to it. I believe his natural game is to be quite aggressive, so it shouldn't be that hard, though.

Chiudinelli is next. He seems to be on relatively good form for a guy of his ranking and definitely must have some confidence right now. Richard should step up and make his life easy, not underestimate his opponent, etc.

Good luck in R3!

Roger Federer

Richard Gasquet, Marcos Baghdatis, Tomas Berdych, Evgeny Korolev, Stanislas Wawrinka, Fabrice Santoro, Paul-Henri Mathieu, etc

Proud passenger on The Federer Express

Seat #115
lucashg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:46 AM   #285
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
We should never be so prompt to judge especially when it comes to press "reports"... Spinning of information is spreading so fast now.....
I totally agree with you. Caution is always needed.

Nevertheless, I feel that there was some truth in it, as Richard often had problems against lower-ranked compatriots. Therefore, I am very pleased with the convincing scoreline. I have not seen the match, so it is difficult to judge. Yeah, I also like it much more, when he is aggressive and goes for winners. On the other hand, being able to apply different tactics for different opponents is a sign of maturity. Good luck against Chiudinelli!
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote