++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++ - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #256
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 U.S. Open

ROFLMAO. I would never have guessed that someone with that kind of recent form would talk like that.

Spank him please, Richard!
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 03:47 PM   #257
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

And on the other side, Richard is all praise as always for his opponent...

I think you're a bit overreacting about the quote but still, it's pretty funny what he says...

I translate Simon's quote :"We know each other very well. I think i'm more solid physically than him [LOL! i like him but the guy's almost as skinny as a skeleton... of course he was speaking about endurance but still...lmao] and that he defends well. [...] "I know he fears me. We're both not like players who doesn't feel the ball. [how pretentious but wait for what's comming lol] Richard and myself, we don't have limits tennistically speaking so we "undergo" big extremes in level of play, both for the better or the worse...[pfffff.... so funny that on top of everything he's speaking for Richard...]!!!

I hope Richard will put Simon back on earth. That's not mean what he said, but he's definitely lost it. Only momentaly hopefully...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:49 PM   #258
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

One thing's for sure. He thinks too highly of himself. I'm just glad Richard is remaining humble. (*GASP* I actually praised him )
Old 08-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #259
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
I'm just glad Richard is remaining humble.
Well, too much humility is also wrong. There has to be a healthy self-confidence if you want to be among the very top. But the deeds have to match the words.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #260
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
Well, too much humility is also wrong. There has to be a healthy self-confidence if you want to be among the very top. But the deeds have to match the words.
I'd rather he be overly humble than over-confident.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #261
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Simon is arrogant in a funny way... and he 's right about the big extremes.

Good luck Richie
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:42 PM   #262
country flag zimzim

zimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd rather he be overly humble than over-confident.
Me too
zimzim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 PM   #263
country flag silverwhite

Well done! So much for him being afraid of Simon
Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #264
country flag zimzim

zimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
zimzim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #265
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Very well done indeed but i'd like to add something there...

I went to the FFT's US Open following site to listened to the audio of Simon's post-match interview on which this quote was supposed to be extracted and well... That's not really what he said at all. Actually that was the interviewer who said that Gasquet told to everybody who was wanting to hear it that he was afraid of this match against Simon because it was a "trap-match", that he was convinced since forever that Simon would end up in the top 20 at least (compliment for which Simon thanked him in this interview...), that it was "pivotal" for ether one who would win it and that then they could maybe go very far in the draw etc...

Just listen to it and you'll see that the quote is some words taken out of their context, oversimplifyings and one quote he didn't even said "i know he fears me"...which was actually "i understand his fears" after the journalist had insisted on repeating Gasquet told he feared this match (was it pre-match mindgames btw?...:evil: )...

So Simon is not like what this bad quoting makes him out to be. We should never be so prompt to judge especially when it comes to press "reports"... Spinning of information is spreading so fast now...That's becomming manipulation. I hate it. They take us for fools...

Here is his interview: http://www.fft.fr/usopen2006/?id=1953

Nonetheless... Well done Richard for not falling in the Franco-Frenchie trap!!!
Chiudinelli or LaLo next...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #266
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
So Simon is not like what this bad quoting makes him out to be. We should never be so prompt to judge especially when it comes to press "reports"... Spinning of information is spreading so fast now...That's becomming manipulation. I hate it. They take us for fools...
Well, they put those words between quotation marks so I expected them to be direct quotes.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #267
country flag InfiniteSadness

InfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++

Well, that's good that he won against Simon but I didn't like the way he played...
He was too far away from the base line and wasn't agressive... He was just waiting for Simon's UE.

For the next match, he has to play better (or at least differently) because this time, he shouldn't meet someone who's quite afraid of him...
I don't understand why everyone was so shocked by Simon's words when he said that "je pense être plus solide etc". He was trying to give himself courage because I'm sure he was aware that Richard is in a better form than him...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by InfiniteSadness : 08-31-2006 at 09:19 PM.
InfiniteSadness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #268
country flag delsa

Quote:
Well, they put those words between quotation marks so I expected them to be direct quotes.
I completely understand and i did that myself so...I'm doing a mea culpa too...I think that we are more and more taken for fools by so-called "reports" from the so-called "press" these days...It's getting on my nerves...It seems that we'll have to look for confirmations all the time...If they did their work properly this wouldn't happen.

I'm beginning to doubt about what Berych is supposed to have said about Richard and Nadal to L'équipe too now. The newspapers report entirely most of the time (or at least i hope so) but those "articles" putting quotes in the middle of summaries, under the pretext of having to synthetize, change everything...

In the end, they're not succint , they're just false...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 PM   #269
country flag silverwhite

Default Re: ++++++ North American Hardcourt Season 2006 ++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteSadness
Well, that's good that he won against Simon but I didn't like the way he played...
He was too far away from the base line and wasn't agressive... He was just waiting for Simon's UE.

For the next match, he has to play better (or at least differently) because this time, he shouldn't meet someone who's quite afraid of him...
I don't understand why everyone was so shocked by Simon's words when he said that "je pense être plus solide etc". He was trying to give himself courage because I'm sure he was aware that Richard is in a better form than him...
Well, if your opponent is making a lot of UEs, it's not a bad idea to play like that.

Simon was quoted in the article as saying that Richard fears him so...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 PM   #270
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
I completely understand and i did that myself so...I'm doing a mea culpa too...I think that we are more and more taken for fools by so-called "reports" from the so-called "press" these days...It's getting on my nerves...It seems that we'll have to look for confirmations all the time...If they did their work properly this wouldn't happen.

I'm beginning to doubt about what Berych is supposed to have said about Richard and Nadal to L'équipe too now. The newspapers report entirely most of the time (or at least i hope so) but those "articles" putting quotes in the middle of summaries, under the pretext of having to synthetize, change everything...

In the end, they're not succint , they're just false...
There's a possibility that he said those words in a separate interview. Considering the article was taken from Eurosport.fr, it'd be quite shocking if they really misquoted him.