Mariano's News And Articles - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-06-2005, 04:18 AM   #1
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mariano's News And Articles

I thought that this thread was beginning to get usefull...after his achievement in RG!

So, here I start with an interview in French, for Sport.fr. I'll try to translate it later in the day. First, I have to go to work!
He speaks about how he lived the final, what he thinks of Nadal and in which frame of mind he's leaving Paris.

http://www.wanadoo.fr/bin/frame2.cgi...wanadoo.fr/fr/
Click on "Puerta: Nadal va devenir une légende"

Last edited by Choupi : 06-06-2005 at 04:21 AM.
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 05:10 AM   #2
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mariano's News And Articles

Brilliant idea Choupi - and I will add to it with a couple from today's newspaper Clarins, Here are the links (in Spanish):-

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/06...es/d-00415.htm

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/06...es/d-00504.htm

I love the little one about his family, saying how emotional his Father and brother got watching the match. Almost made me cry again!

I have the same problem as you as far as the translation goes - I'm working 24/7 this week, though admit this isn't so much for altruistic motives but because I want to go to Halle nearer the end of the week I will do my best to translate later though.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 06-06-2005 at 05:14 AM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:28 AM   #3
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie, your motives are the best, ever!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:32 AM   #4
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Rosie, your motives are the best, ever!
But probably not likely to succeed I am the only person in at the beginning of this week - so by the time I can get away David will probably have been beaten.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 06-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
country flag Choupi

As promised, here's my translation of Mariano's interview, after his final yesterday.

Nadal's gonna become a legend

Interview made by Pierre-Gilles HUOT, for Sport.fr, on June 5th 2005.

He'd have fought till the very end the Argentine. Despite a muscular contraction on his abductor at the beginning of the match, Mariano Puerta has relied on his huge hitting ability and on his damaging lift to have Rafael Nadal doubt, and therefore almost succeeded to play a 5th set. Though he lost, the one who was still world n°440 in August 2004 could but only feel happiness and pride for his great results on the Parisian clay, with this very first GS final.

PGH: How are you feeling, straight after that defeat?
MP: It's been a very tough match. I've come close to play a 5th set. If I had been a bit luckier, I'd surely be still playing! I went out of the court, after playing the best player on clay of the world. What can you do about it?

PGH: Did Nadal impress you?
MP: He's got an incredible strength, he surprised me pretty much, especially with his reflex volley on the set point in the 4th set. We're talking about a guy who has already written and will keep on writing a page in tennis history. He'll succeed doing great things, he's gonna become a legend of tennis. He's really impressed me with his passing shots in the 4th set. He's got a tremendous strength in his legs and he knows how to keep cool. I think he's got the mental to establish records. If he happens to set winning Wimbledon as a goal, he'll be able to do it.

PGH: Did tiredness have an importance in that final?
MP: I haven't been defeated because I was physically lessened, I think that if we had played a 5th set, I'd have been better than him on that level. He's simply played better than me.He's been more precise and more focused in his game. Though he's doubted...

PGH: Don't you have too much regret in that 4th set?
MP: If I had won that 4th set, we would have been 50/50, whereas at the beginning, I was picturing him as the favourite for this final. Nadal can be beaten. I repeat it, I've come close to 1 point from a 5th set and after that, you don't know what could have happened. He wasn't feeling as well as he used to, I had never seen him that way before. Me, I was chilling. Of course, I'd have loved to play a 5th set. I had to play beyond my own limits to have him lose ground. If I had played another player today, I could have won. So young and facing such difficult situations, Nadal keeps on acting naturally, and that's admirable!

PGH: To which extent has your injury stopped you?
MP: I was scared because the pain I've felt was sharp. But the trainer strapped me very firmly. And then, it was bearable. I've been able to cope with the pain, playing for 3 and ½ hours, and this hasn't bothered me.

PGH: Despite this loss, will you leave Paris and RG happy?
MP: Of course, I'm very happy and very proud of what I've accomplished here, and during these past weeks. I've come back to life and and I've been able to do things that very few people could have done. I'd have loved to go till the very end of that adventure, though I can't leave, feeling bitter. I've given the best of myself. One must be objective with oneself.

PGH: Do you feel like, despite the loss, you've won a victory over yourself?
MP: I indeed won a very tough match against myself. Today, I've played the RG final, I've played good, I've handled my anxiety and I've played well going forth. I had already won the match, in a sense, before entering the court.

PGH: Which way will this final change your career?
MP: The fact of playing that final will help me change mentally. I'm gonna struggle in a different way now against very good players. This will bring confidence on and outside the court, and therefore, this will change my goals. From now on, I wanna improve the way I'm moving, and I think that I can get stronger on hard courts and in the indoor tournaments of the end of the year. To achieve this, I need to improve my volley as well as my serve.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for your translation Choupi Nice interview!

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:17 AM   #7
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Thanks so much Choupi Hope you don't mind that I emailed it to a friend of mine who likes Mariano but doesn't get the chance to visit MTF too often -she said thanks too!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:36 AM   #8
country flag Choupi

It's ok Rosie! Spread the love! Glad your friend liked it too. I've found other interviews but they all quite say the same as the one I've posted. Now, I'm waiting for the next Tennis Magazine. I have good hopes as finding some articles and photos of Mariano.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #9
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
It's ok Rosie! Spread the love! Glad your friend liked it too. I've found other interviews but they all quite say the same as the one I've posted. Now, I'm waiting for the next Tennis Magazine. I have good hopes as finding some articles and photos of Mariano.
Thanks. My friend is the one who "adopted" Mariano in Monte Carlo - so the love is already well spread!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #10
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Thanks. My friend is the one who "adopted" Mariano in Monte Carlo - so the love is already well spread!!!!!!
Oh...so it was even more a pleasure to share!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #11
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the articles, everyone. They're great!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #12
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!
I stopped by to say hello!! You are doing a great job getting this going!!
I'd like to contribute something but right now I have to go find some yogurt somewhere. Cravings are horrible!!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #13
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by taysbest
Hi there!
I stopped by to say hello!! You are doing a great job getting this going!!
I'd like to contribute something but right now I have to go find some yogurt somewhere. Cravings are horrible!!
Craving for yoghurt is better than craving for chocolate and nicotine - I have my cravings all the time and I'm not even prgnant!!

Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #14
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

In case you're interested, on tv just said that Mariano has just arrived to Argentina.
And in Olé, they said that Mancini called Mariano to be part of the DC team, and he has to answer now. One of his comments was: "It'd be an honnor for me to play doubles with David".
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jazz - of course we're interested. That's great news