"Go 'head, bite the big Apple..." - Rolling Stones (Robby at the USOpen!) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2006, 05:34 AM   #106
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The draws just suck... US Open Series thread.

I only saw the last 5 games of the match and the highlights video. I was surprised that Robby's nerves didn't seem to show at all in the last set (of what they showed us), which is encouraging to see!... He seemed more focused, and he anticipated and moved a lot better than I have seen from him in previous matches this year. I've said this before, but he needs to pretend he's already lost all his points this year, and just focus on playing tennis and getting better at it, rather than overwhelming himself with pressure and nerves... obviously, this is easier said than done, but he should still do it

Playing one of the Top 4 players in the US Open series will be quite a test for him... And it will suck if he loses, but at the same time, I still think it's good for him to play a tough opponent and be tested... If he's going to lose, at least it won't be to a qualifier this time... I would love for him to step up his game and surprise us!!

Good luck, Robby!! Evening matches
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #107
country flag Pepper LaRue

Pepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond repute

Yay for Robby beating Tursonov today! Hopefully the luck and good play will continue tomorrow for his match with Murray aka Fedkilla. LOL!
Pepper LaRue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:26 AM   #108
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 AM   #109
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!! Robby said he was confident going into his match against Dima! That's really good to hear, and Dima didn't even reach a break point against Robby!! I hope he can keep that going... Beating #4 and #2 in the US Open series standings would be quite something! Good luck Robby!!
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:56 AM   #110
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I mean..... I watched the first half of the match on the online feed and Dmitry could barely keep a ball in play; when he's off, he's really off, and he was really off tonight. Good for Robby for getting the job done cleanly. Murray may have an emotional letdown tomorrow, but assuming he won't, Robby would have to play a whole lot better than he did today (which was basically just doing what he had to).

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #111
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Robby lost in 3 sets today and unfortunately, choked the match away. He lead 4*-2 in the third set and couldn't hold the ball in play from that point on. He even topped this when he missed an easy smash on gp at 4*-5. This loss is as bad as the one against Gremmelmayr and I think he'll think about this one for a very long time.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award

Last edited by bavaria100 : 08-17-2006 at 10:54 PM.
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #112
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100
Robby lost in 3 sets today and unfortunately, choked the match away. He lead 4*-2 in the third set and couldn't hold the ball in play from that point on. He even topped this when he missed an easy smash on gp at 4*-5. This loss is as worse as the one against Gremmelmayr and I think he'll think about this one for a very long time.
I agree completely. It was painful to watch and Robby will definitely be kicking himself over losing to a guy who could barely walk.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:23 PM   #113
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought he's over with that mental hurdle. Robby.

I was so mad after his lost that I need some time to cool down before posting.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #114
country flag WillRogersBeach

WillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond repute

Who were the three guys in Robby's box? I recognized his father and Diego Ayala. Who was the 3rd guy?

Last edited by WillRogersBeach : 08-18-2006 at 05:05 AM.
WillRogersBeach is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #115
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

From Robby's post-match press conference...

It was, you know, mine to win and I didn't capitalize. It's disappointing when things haven't been going that great the whole year and then this rolls up. But I'll get over it.

I hope so, Robby!
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #116
country flag Pepper LaRue

Pepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond repute

*le sigh* So close Robby! ESPN showed the final few games of the match last night and it just seemed like Andy's strategy was to float the ball back and wait for an UE from Robby. More often than not, he got his wish.

With that said, is Robby playing in the next tournament before the Open?
Pepper LaRue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #117
country flag Deboogle!.

His blog said he was flying back to Atlanta today and he's not on the New Haven Entry List so I think he's off now til the USO

Old 08-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #118
country flag GermanBoy

GermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeGermanBoy has a reputation beyond repute

This stupid Murray has just robbed us one of the best blogs we have had yet...

I hate Murray, can't understand why everybody jumps on his bandwaggon!

Robby , get your act together for the US Open please!
Hiii alex! My exams aren't done yet, i finish on the 26th Aw hun, at least now your college work is done you have less distractions from the task at hand Try and stay calm, be strong and have confidence in the wonderful person you are! x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid Merrion
lol Alex, you're so goddamn demanding
GermanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #119
country flag Deboogle!.

Ah here's our answer.
=====================
2006 WESTERN & SOUTHERN FINANCIAL GROUP MASTERS
CINCINNATI, OHIO

August 17, 2006

A. MURRAY/R. Ginepri
7-6, 2-6, 6-4

ROBBY GINEPRI

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Did you sense that he was tired early in the second, in the third?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, it was obvious to everyone that he was exhausted out there.

Q. With that said, then, how big of a missed opportunity was it for you?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, that's a pretty silly question. It's obvious that that match was just in the palm for the taking. I let it go by like that (snapping).

It's disappointing.

Q. What was the reason for that? Can you put your finger on it?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, I started playing a little bit tentative and he took a couple big rips, took some chances. He wasn't going to stay in the point, try to rally and win it that way, so he's got to go for it. Got, I guess, a little tight. I don't know. I didn't really feel that tight, but started missing first serves and backing off on how I got up in the third set.

Q. You said yesterday you feel your game is almost there. Besides the loss, do you still feel that way?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I'm not really thinking about much right now.

Q. When momentum starts to go away from you like it did at the end of the third set, how difficult is it to turn it around?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I had game points in both games, so it's not like I was missing out on anything. It's not like I was getting broke at Love or anything. So I was right there in both games.

Q. Can you take any positives from a match like that? Can you learn from it?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, I played -- you know, I fought hard the whole match and just didn't get the outcome I deserved.

Q. Are you more disappointed that you just lost the match or that you lost an opportunity to advance in this tournament with Federer out and, you know, the bigger picture?

ROBBY GINEPRI: I'm not looking at the bigger picture. I was just looking at the match. It was, you know, mine to win and I didn't capitalize. It's disappointing when things haven't been going that great the whole year and then this rolls up.

But I'll get over it.

Q. Where do you go next week? Do you go to Connecticut?

ROBBY GINEPRI: No, I'm gonna go home to Atlanta, practice for a few days, and head up to the Open Wednesday.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #120
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sad for Robby, it's a bad loss he was playing so well. These things happen but overall Robby has played alot better this summer and he has had some good wins. Heck, it's not often that you can say Robby Ginepri made it further in a tournement than Roger Federer did...so he's doing pretty good. Finding confidence and getting big wins doesn't usually happen all at once it takes time, Robby is on the right track...what needs to find is consistancy. The way he started the week losing that first set the way he did to Mathieu he has to be delighted with his form and really just appricate the fact that he did progress as far as he did and he did play as well as he did. He looked like the Robby of last summer which to me, looks like a top 10 guy.

So Robby if you are out there somewhere at a waffle house, don't let this loss phase you. Let it make you hungry and I hope to see you continue your good form for the rest of your career.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote