"Go 'head, bite the big Apple..." - Rolling Stones (Robby at the USOpen!) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #46
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On to LA for the BATTLE OF THE G-MEN!!!! (US Open Series)

Work commitments prevent me from attending the match, but I know someone who is volunteering at the event and promised to stop by for a few minutes on my behalf during break times.

Good luck, Robby!
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #47
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Go Robby!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:35 AM   #48
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

So today, before Robby's match, there were these kids on the main practice court at the event. This one boy who said he had just turned 8 was sooooooooo cute. he was AMAZING, like, unreal forehand and stuff. So good. So Robby comes in to warm up before his match and the security is telling this kid to leave. But then Robby is hitting with him for a few minutes. it was SO SWEET omg. And when they finish, Robby shakes his hand and the kid is walking to go out of the practice area and has the biggest smile on his face I've ever seen.

It. was. freaking. adorable.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:37 AM   #49
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

AWW!! Thanks for sharing that Deb!

After the first two games, I hope Robby can kick things into gear... he doesn't seem too great right now... Justin wants to win too, and Robby will have to pick things up if he wants to win here...
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:39 AM   #50
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you can tell all of that from a scoreboard? That's impressive.

Wonder what Robby and that young boy talked about...

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:14 AM   #51
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Robby won the first set 6-4, breaking Justin at 4-4, then serving it out and saving one break point against him in the last game.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #52
country flag Fee

Robby broke Justin in the first game of the second set. Barring a major meltdown, he should take this match now. I'm too tired to stay up for it, so I'll check back in the morning.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #53
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Robby! 6-4, 6-4 is a good result, but I have to say that Robby needs to improve his bp conversion. I really have to say that he's on a good way and I hope that he can keep this up.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #54
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Robby, he's really picking up his game. I hope he keeps his head together and continues to win matches.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 PM   #55
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Robby!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #56
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

My pics from LA
http://www.menstennisforums.com/phot...rtby/f/way/asc

MTF being a :retard: so I can't put the thumbnails here but Robby's are on the last page

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #57
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

*phew* Robby! Almost got broken serving for the match. A tough one (from the score) but a good win.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:26 AM   #58
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Robby d. Carlsen 76(5) 36 64

Old 07-28-2006, 04:42 AM   #59
country flag Fee

Robby won today because another MTF-er was at the tournament and said hello to him for me before the match (I haven't seen him since the USO last year). Obviously, he was inspired to know that I was still thinking of him and he went on to win his match, but it wasn't pretty.

Okay, that's not what happened...

Old 07-28-2006, 05:01 AM   #60
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

So glad Robby ended up winning today!!... too many momentum changes for my taste in this match today He's into the LA QF again though, YAY! Go Robby!!... please win scaring us less next time
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote