"Go 'head, bite the big Apple..." - Rolling Stones (Robby at the USOpen!) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #31
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby: Hard head on the hard courts for the US Open series

Robby's first serve % is awful (47) but he won 83% of his 2nd serve. Lots more than his first serve.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #32
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I was hoping there would be a tie-break in the first set to see what would happen there... Robby was 2 points away from getting it there, but got too jittery, and Andy broke at the only chance he got in that set...

Robby seemed less patient after that... Andy was growing in confidence and stayed pretty patient most of the time, not making a lot of errors. Robby made one too many errors in the 2nd set, hitting into the net, especially when Andy would hit the ball clean across the net and it appeared as though Robby was forced to return volleys from a bad position. It didn't help that Robby seemed a bit caught off gaurd some of the time too ... but anyway, hopefully Robby will take the positives from this tournament with him, and take the negatives and learn from them! I'm hoping Robby can carry some momentum into the next tournament!
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:30 AM   #33
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Robby

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:10 AM   #34
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the year that he has had so far, Robby did well to get to the semi-finals here. Hopefully, he will keep this up for the rest of the summer.

On to LA where he will play Justin Gimelstob in the first round (because somebody in LA hates me...).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #35
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolwatcher1
I'm hoping Robby can carry some momentum into the next tournament!
I agree. I hope Robby takes away the positives from his week at RCA and does well for the rest of the summer. That horrible loss at AO really weaked havoc on Robby's confidence and he is just now starting to get it back so I hope he keeps getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
On to LA where he will play Justin Gimelstob in the first round (because somebody in LA hates me...).
LOL. Poor Fee
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #36
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
I hope Robby takes away the positives from his week at RCA and does well for the rest of the summer.
yeah, today he looked as attractive as i've ever seen him.

partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #37
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On to LA for the BATTLE OF THE G-MEN!!!! (US Open Series)

Well, it's ridiculously hot, humid, and rainy here in Los Angeles today... I'm sure Robby is feeling right at home.
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #38
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

It's disappointing that Robby lost his semifinal match against Andy, but this was a good and successfull tournament for him. He won 3 matches in a row for the first time this year and made it through some tough situations. A semifinal appereance is a great start into the US Open series and I wish him all the best for the tournament in Los Angeles next week.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:10 AM   #39
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully these guys will not play til Tuesday

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:59 AM   #40

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rege
Well, it's ridiculously hot, humid, and rainy here in Los Angeles today... I'm sure Robby is feeling right at home.
Hopefully so! I think he is getting back to the shape he was formerly in... The NBC commentators said that Robby had gotten the staph infection while in FRANCE (in May??), I think, and had been trying to treat it throughout the grass season... apparently this plagued him up until Newport. I'm sorry that happened to Robby, but now that he seems to be better, I hope he can keep playing well and keep his fitness level up, and maybe good things will happen for him again.

Robby isn't scheduled to play on Monday, so it looks like he will play on Tuesday... hopefully during the day like all of his Indy matches
Old 07-24-2006, 07:12 AM   #41
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robby isn't scheduled to play on Monday...
I heard he shared a ride into town with Andy late this evening.
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #42
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robby isn't scheduled to play on Monday, so it looks like he will play on Tuesday... hopefully during the day like all of his Indy matches
Then we will be there

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 AM   #43

well... Robby is scheduled to play the last match of the day!... ... Is anyone going to see this night match?? I'll be going to bed around the time that match will be playing... grrrr... hopefully Robby plays well!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rege
I heard he shared a ride into town with Andy late this evening.
hmmm... they probably shared more than a ride into town Oh, people, people! lol, that's cool... I was hoping for a good hug at the end of their match, but Andy seemed to pull away too quickly after Robby ran to congratulate him... ah well...

Old 07-25-2006, 05:52 AM   #45
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
well... Robby is scheduled to play the last match of the day!... ... Is anyone going to see this night match?? I'll be going to bed around the time that match will be playing... grrrr... hopefully Robby plays well!
Nope, we're not going to the night session But he'll warm up a little before, so we'll probably be there to see that if he does it on the on-site practice court