"Go 'head, bite the big Apple..." - Rolling Stones (Robby at the USOpen!) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Go 'head, bite the big Apple..." - Rolling Stones (Robby at the USOpen!)

Yeah, I know that's the worst thread title, but I'm feeling a bit snarky this morning.

Indianapolis here we come, yay...

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8

Last edited by Fee : 08-25-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby: Hard head on the hard courts for the US Open series

Good luck Robby!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Robby! Please win a match in Indy.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

OK, if Robby's going to finally wake up and DO something now would be the time to do it: on hardcourts in the US where he last went on a tear. Come on Robby!!!
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:26 AM   #5
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, pleeeeeaasse win a match here, Robby! take out Falla tomorrow! This would be a good time to start winning some matches again... take advantage of your opportunities!!
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Ginepri's back, hoping to rekindle the magic
Defending RCA champ has struggled this season, unable to win consistently
By Mark Ambrogi
July 18, 2006

A year ago, Robby Ginepri arrived in Indianapolis ranked No. 98 and needing a boost.

He got one by winning the RCA Championships, beating two-time champion Andy Roddick along the way.

Ginepri then reached the semifinals in the Masters Series tournament in Cincinnati in August and in the U.S. Open. The 23-year-old finished the year ranked No. 17.

His ranking hasn't changed, but he needs another lift here as he has struggled with a 6-16 record this season. He is 96th in the yearly ATP points race and will play Alejandro Falla today at the Indianapolis Tennis Center.

"It's been a rough year so far," said Ginepri, the RCA's No. 4 seed. "It's similar to last year except for the rankings. I feel if I keep playing, good things are going to happen. I've had some bad luck this year. I haven't been winning too many matches."

Ginepri knows he must start winning now to keep his ranking. He has plenty of computer points to defend this summer as the rankings are determined by a revolving 52-week calendar.

Ginepri was set to play on grass in Newport, R.I., last week but withdrew because of a viral infection.

"I still was able to train pretty hard at home," said Ginepri, who lives in Kennesaw, Ga. "My heart is still in it and I'm looking forward to playing again. My batteries have been recharged."

Ginepri, who practiced on Stadium Court on Monday, has another edge in his favor. He likes playing in the heat; temperatures were in the 90s again Monday.

Ginepri said many fans have showed support since he arrived in Indianapolis.

"A lot of people have said 'glad to have you back' and 'hope you repeat,' " he said. "It's comforting to be back, and hitting out on (Stadium Court) felt like it did last year. I'm hitting the ball extremely well and feeling fit. So there's no reason why I can't do it again."

NBC analyst and Tennis Hall of Famer Jim Courier watched Ginepri's improvement last summer. Courier said Indy is an ideal venue for Ginepri's physical style.

"Last year the difference maker for him was in his shot selection and patience, something he improved immensely, which led to the win at Indy and the semis of the U.S. Open," Courier wrote in an e-mail. "He was a 'tough out' last summer."

Ginepri said he developed confidence during last summer that he could beat the top players.

At Cincinnati, Ginepri beat Marat Safin before losing to Roger Federer in three sets in the semis. In the U.S. Open, he showed his fitness and fire, too, by winning consecutive five-set matches over Tommy Haas, Richard Gasquet and Guillermo Coria before losing to Andre Agassi in five sets in the semis.

"What I was lacking last year was the confidence to play with the top guys," he said. "Now I know I can do it again. I've just got to sink my teeth into a tournament."

Ginepri said there have been several matches this year where he has made too many unforced errors.

"I need to tighten the screws," he said.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bilde.jpg (16.5 KB, 21 views)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
country flag Pepper LaRue

Pepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond reputePepper LaRue has a reputation beyond repute

T4P Deb! I really hope he can go deep in this tournament and gain some momentum for the summer tournaments. Go Robby!
Pepper LaRue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Robby, there's no way you can lose to Falla on hard court. WAKE UP!!!!!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

well he didn't, but it wasn't easy, including a DF on BP while serving for the match

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #10

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Did Robby just win!??? I didn't catch the match until Robby was down a set and 4-5 in the 2nd... I couldn't be more happy that he pulled enough of himself together to win this! ... there were many points in this match that I felt he could have easily given up and just lost it... I hope he can get some rythym going from this!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #11
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match ... Well done Robby

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #12
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Yay Robby!!!

(don't let it be the last, please).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 AM   #13
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

Side note: kinda liking the short hair...
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 AM   #14

from an article...
Victory was sweet in two hours, 16 minutes. "I can't remember the last time I was this nervous before a match," said Ginepri. "Somehow I snuck this one out. I was absolutely exhausted, and a lot of that was nerves."

The winner overcame 57 unforced errors , striking 35 winners and breaking five times against Falla, who committed 61 errors .

"In matches like this, you really need the crowd support, they fire you up," Ginepri said of the fans who urged him on in searing heat and humidity.

Conditions proved to be draining for the winner. "I was absolutely exhausted. I wasn't playing close to my best tennis, but I found a way to win. That kind of a match is much more satisfying than winning in easy straight sets.

"I'll recover tomorrow and be ready to go for my next match."

Falla committed 61 UEs ... I hope Robby's not as nervous in his next match as he was today, or if he is, that he is able to overcome the nerves the way he did today! Hopefully he will have less UEs also and play closer to his best tennis!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Robby wins by replay!

Tuesday, defending champion Robby Ginepri rallied to beat Alejandro Falla 4-6, 7-5, 7-5, with an instant replay challenge overturning a key point.

The event is the first U.S. Open Series tournament to allow players to challenge calls and get them reviewed using instant replay. Ginepri and Falla were tied at 5 in the second set when chair umpire Zsolt Beda of Hungary ruled a shot by Ginepri was out, giving Falla a 6-5 lead. But Ginepri challenged the ruling and the video showed his shot was actually in, giving him the lead. He went on to capture the second set.

"I'm glad they started it here," Ginepri said. "I needed to come up with the challenge, and it worked in my favor."

Each player gets two challenges per set to review line calls. A player loses a challenge only if the call stands. Players will receive an additional challenge during a tiebreaker but can't carry over challenges from one set to another.

Ginepri, seeded fourth, had lost his opening-round matches in 10 previous tournaments while struggling to a 6-16 record.

"The best part of this match was I didn't play nearly my best tennis, and I still found a way to win," he said. "That's much bigger than winning a 6-0, 6-1 match."
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote