Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #511
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I've always wondered about that, why is it called football?
I wanted to know that as well from the moment i heard the name of the game! But this trivia question still stands, as none of my friends knows the answer, probably because none of them is into that sport too much.
Quote:
So you're a car freak, napki? That's why you were so excited about buying a new car last time?
Sorry I can't join the discussions about it, I like neither soccer nor cars. I'll join you when you talk about decathlon.
I'm a speed freak! anything that requires you to change directions / pace / go over some obstacles is highly magnified when you try to do it with speed, that's why F1 is much more appealing to me than nascar, where they just go 500 rounds around a stadium on 200mph. sorry nascar fans, nothing personal.
Decathlon, heh? let me look what's included in there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post

I'll try to post less about football , but this post is a necessity. I was at the Cup match between Celtic and Falkirk last night and we went out on penalties . Penalties is a stupid system
you can post, just be aware that somebody will post completely unrelated smilies/whatever in between from time to time.

Quote:
F1 rocks . Who's your favourite driver? As for American football (stupid name ) it's not bad but i much prefer the NHL.
I'm not into team sports as a matter of fact, they never appealed to me as much as individual sports... Pairs are ok since you can clearly see the skill of an individual plus they have to be aware that each of them is only a part of the team. It's great to watch figure skaters preform if they do it in unison.

Micka was GOD when i started to watch F1, and at that time i probably missed 2 races a year at most. The last year with Eurosport the 'new kid on the block' showed up, the one who was #1 at carts before that (v.... don't remember his name) He added some rivalry and i found myself cheering for Schumacher even harder. It's not like he needed cheering beforehand, he was guaranteed a podium position regardless of where he started the race. Now i hear that he plans to retire pretty soon.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #512
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho View Post
it's impossible to watch a squash match on tv here
I never saw squash on tv either, i was just kidding
Quote:
yes, I started playing tennis last March, have some troubles with my backhand and with my serve (Guille & Elena Dementieva fan -that's why I bought a Yonex racket )
you mean we'll have to wait another year for a new Wimbledon champion to arise?

Quote:
I postponed it to the end of November, or maybe the middle of December, had some troubles in my work, and can't study
i probably will take some time off MTF at some point, i need to finish this certification thing before the end of the year, and it's very unlikely that i will pass the exam if i don't start spending more time studying for it.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #513
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

do you mean Fernando Alonso?

I love the World Rally Cup!

ha! me, playing on grass

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #514
country flag napki

Quote:
do you mean Fernando Alonso?

I love the World Rally Cup!
no, Jacques Villeneuve

Quote:
ha! me, playing on grass
we need somebody there until Guille gets his serve fixed, don't we?
Old 11-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #515
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by napki View Post
no, Jacques Villeneuve
Jacques is my favourite driver

btw, Schumacher just retired
Old 11-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #516
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you can post, just be aware that somebody will post completely unrelated smilies/whatever in between from time to time.
*becomes aware*
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #517

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no, Jacques Villeneuve
Jacques' dad, Giles, was ny hero

Quote:
we need somebody there until Guille gets his serve fixed, don't we?
okay, okay, I'll be there for you!
vamos!

Old 11-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #518
country flag napki

Quote:
Jacques is my favourite driver

btw, Schumacher just retired
I didn't 'like' him only because he was so good at his first year at F1!
Schumy
Quote:
*becomes aware*
Good boy. Now go post some more football stuff so i can stuff in more 's.

Last edited by napki : 11-08-2006 at 05:32 PM.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #519

F1

Old 11-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #520
country flag napki

Quote:
Jacques' dad, Giles, was ny hero
Was he the one who crashed into the wall in the mid 90s? I heard about this accident, but i thought that driver was Brazilian

Quote:
okay, okay, I'll be there for you!
To buy me a ticket over there and arrange a meeting with Guille when he wins the whole thing?

EDIT: Jacques' dad obviously has nothing to do with that brazilian driver (it happened 3-4 years before Jacques was signed for F1), i just realized how silly it was to think you were talking about him. Blame the , not me.

Last edited by napki : 11-08-2006 at 05:18 PM.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #521

Kay, the brazilian driver was Ayrton Senna, and, of course, he was not Jacques dad
Gilles Villeneuve died in an accident in 1980 (I think) in Belgium (I think) during the qualifications (that's for sure )

I'll try to arrange you a meeting with Guille

Old 11-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #522
country flag napki

Quote:
Kay, the brazilian driver was Ayrton Senna, and, of course, he was not Jacques dad
Gilles Villeneuve died in an accident in 1980 (I think) in Belgium (I think) during the qualifications (that's for sure )
You mean that you're watching F1 since that time? That's a real dedication to a sport!

[GEOS&TMiGMFoM]
So what do you say, would Ayrton Senna have a chance to beat the current #1 if he was to compete today?
[/Guille's extended off season and too much in GM frame of mind off]

Was it popular sport in the 80? I always look at it as sport of 90s and on, never heard anyone talking about the earlier days. (was Ferrary always in red? )

Quote:
I'll try to arrange you a meeting with Guille
I knew you could do that!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #523
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen squash on TV in France! A long, long time ago (= 20-25 years ago). I remember Pakistanese guys with moustache who were winning everything.
But it's true they never show squash anymore, I don't know why.

Being a decathlon fan isn't very time consuming, napki, it takes only 2 or 4 days a year (which is nice in comparison to tennis).
THAT's a real GOD:

Best athlet ever, incredibly nice, charismatic - and hot as hell imo.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #524
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was it popular sport in the 80? I always look at it as sport of 90s and on, never heard anyone talking about the earlier days.
Yes, it was very popular, at least in France because it was the time of Alain Prost, Didier Pironi (who was also killed in an accident during a boot race at a very young age - F1 is definitely not my cup of tea, I'm not a speed freak at all. All those young guys who were killed in races or had horrible accidents like Pironi or Niki Lauda... I never enjoyed it.)
But even I watched sometimes F1 at that time. I couldn't stand Prost and was cheering for Keke Rosberg.
And Ferrari already was in red, yes.

Last edited by Truc : 11-08-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #525

Quote:
You mean that you're watching F1 since that time? That's a real dedication to a sport!

[GEOS&TMiGMFoM]
So what do you say, would Ayrton Senna have a chance to beat the current #1 if he was to compete today?
[/Guille's extended off season and too much in GM frame of mind off]

Was it popular sport in the 80? I always look at it as sport of 90s and on, never heard anyone talking about the earlier days. (was Ferrary always in red? )

I knew you could do that!
I'm watching F1 since 1976 one of these days I'll scan a pic of myself playing with a Brabham bt 44
I think if Senna wouldn't die, Schumacher wouldn't win so many championships, but it's really impossible to know
always was a popular sport
yes, Ferrari was always in red. In the very early years of F1, the cars were painted by a color which represented the nation of the driver (Argentina = Fangio = yellow and blue)